The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 PM
wayner's Avatar
wayner wayner is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Funny thing, I listen to CT radio myself (as you probably know, Long Island is about 20 miles away, across the Sound) and I can easily pick stations up. The rock stations there and 103.9 WRCN (a hard-to-pick-up Long Island rock station that I figured out the problem was rooted in te fact that it's boradcasted for further out east than me) like to play the Mac a lot, and they always seem to be played when i'm thinking about how a guy wronged me in some way.

One day recently, as I was driving around, listening to 99.1 WPLR (that's a very good New Haven rock station) thinking about how at this time last year, my now-former BF would have come over and zonked out watching TV on my couch, The Chain came on. Strange coincidence, huh?
A fellow Stonybrooker !! I went there from '68 - '72, things must be quite different now. Back in the day one of the major concert venues on the east coast was the Fillmore East, everyone who was anyone played there. At that time the Brook (as it was called) had a very well deserved reputation as a drug haven, and guess what ? Almost every artist who played at the Fillmore wound up playing Stony Brook during the week. I think the entire student activity fund was used to hire these acts, you could catch The Doors or The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane,The Who playing IN THE GYM or outside on the lawn !! Tickets were maybe $ 3.00 , it was incredible !

Having graduated in '72 I kinda lost track of goings on at Stony Brook does anyone know if FM or Stevie ever played there ?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 AM
MissLadyLoki's Avatar
MissLadyLoki MissLadyLoki is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
A fellow Stonybrooker !! I went there from '68 - '72, things must be quite different now. Back in the day one of the major concert venues on the east coast was the Fillmore East, everyone who was anyone played there. At that time the Brook (as it was called) had a very well deserved reputation as a drug haven, and guess what ? Almost every artist who played at the Fillmore wound up playing Stony Brook during the week. I think the entire student activity fund was used to hire these acts, you could catch The Doors or The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane,The Who playing IN THE GYM or outside on the lawn !! Tickets were maybe $ 3.00 , it was incredible !

Having graduated in '72 I kinda lost track of goings on at Stony Brook does anyone know if FM or Stevie ever played there ?
These days, only some indie acts play Universtiy Cafe (which is all blocked off since they're building this stupid student center that's gonna open when i graduate) and either USG and SAB sponsored Brookfest (this year, it was such a bomb that the Press calledit Lamefest) and everyone goes to off campus clubs to party (those dorms, even suites, are too small to party in).

Sadly, neither FM nor Stevie would ever play there (too busy going to bigger venues, such as the Coliseum and the Garden), but dammit, I don't care if it's Lindsey solo, I wanna see the Mac play in SBU!
__________________
Cassie



You can add me on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 AM
ButterCookie's Avatar
ButterCookie ButterCookie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,750
Default

I just heard Gypsy through the wall from next door. Unexpected because they only ever play drum and bass at 1.30am.
__________________
"I do like my wine."

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-31-2010, 05:41 PM
MissLadyLoki's Avatar
MissLadyLoki MissLadyLoki is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,395
Default

I was at a Mets game last night (it was free, and the whole story is at Chit Chat) and, as i was thinking about how the game has basically turned into D'backs vs David Wright, they played the original album version of Big Love.
__________________
Cassie



You can add me on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
kokoro's Avatar
kokoro kokoro is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 258
Default

I was at my local Wegmans a few weeks ago and heard Dreams on the radio, which wasn't especially strange. But today at the same store I heard Say You Will playing! I've never heard that on the radio before. As an added bonus, I heard You Make Loving Fun on the bus yesterday.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
MissLadyLoki's Avatar
MissLadyLoki MissLadyLoki is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
I was at my local Wegmans a few weeks ago and heard Dreams on the radio, which wasn't especially strange. But today at the same store I heard Say You Will playing! I've never heard that on the radio before. As an added bonus, I heard You Make Loving Fun on the bus yesterday.
Not related to that, but what is your siggy all about with being fresh?
__________________
Cassie



You can add me on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Silver Springs's Avatar
Silver Springs Silver Springs is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Not related to that, but what is your siggy all about with being fresh?
Chris' nose is practically in his pit, honey.

I was in a cafe with my friends when the owner played a deranged remix album consisting of all the songs from the greatest hits. It was obviously of his own creation and, needless to say, wasn't that great :/
__________________
 photo anigif_zpsaae925b8.gif
You were the only audience I ever needed.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
MissLadyLoki's Avatar
MissLadyLoki MissLadyLoki is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Chris' nose is practically in his pit, honey.

I was in a cafe with my friends when the owner played a deranged remix album consisting of all the songs from the greatest hits. It was obviously of his own creation and, needless to say, wasn't that great :/
Oh snap, I didn't see that. I'm too busy with my mind in the gutter and seeing Chris get Tusked. See?



Oh yeah, and I believe Stevie was Photoshopped out of this pic, put against a grainy background, and told everyone it was a portrait (I guarantee you've seen it before). Anyways, as for my Unexpected FM, I heard Go Your Own Way on the radio at the precise moment I thought "Y'know, I need some FM" as I was stuck in this red light that takes forever.
__________________
Cassie



You can add me on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 PM
kokoro's Avatar
kokoro kokoro is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Chris' nose is practically in his pit, honey.
And Chris' face suggests that it's not so fresh, no matter what Lindsey thinks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Kena's Avatar
Kena Kena is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your dreams
Posts: 374
Wink

I heard Say You Will while I was shopping at TJ Maxx last night. Needless to say, it (yes, the song) talked me into buying that layered green skirt I've been stalking.
__________________

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Silver Springs's Avatar
Silver Springs Silver Springs is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I just heard Gypsy through the wall from next door. Unexpected because they only ever play drum and bass at 1.30am.
This is more about the signature than anything. Never have I longed to be a Penguin more than I do now.

I heard Sara being blasted out of a car passing the house, which was strange considering I recognised the car and again, they're victims of drum and base and dire hippity hop.
__________________
 photo anigif_zpsaae925b8.gif
You were the only audience I ever needed.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Silver Springs's Avatar
Silver Springs Silver Springs is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,931
Default

I heard The Chain playing in a man's car on an episode of Casualty (English medical drama). Made the whole episode
__________________
 photo anigif_zpsaae925b8.gif
You were the only audience I ever needed.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-04-2010, 07:41 PM
SortaSavageLike's Avatar
SortaSavageLike SortaSavageLike is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Posts: 2,434
Default

I heard You Make Loving Fun while scrubbing the inside of a toilet in ShopRite's men's bathroom yesterday.

And people wonder why I'm worn out on Rumours.
__________________
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Stevie Nicks Photo Project Unleashed!...Kinda
http://s73.photobucket.com/home/SortaSavageLike/index/
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,037
Default

In McDonald's this morning I heard Got A Hold On Me which I haven't heard in approx. 20 years and then they played Whenever I Call You Friend.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-06-2010, 01:22 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
In McDonald's this morning I heard Got A Hold On Me which I haven't heard in approx. 20 years and then they played Whenever I Call You Friend.
I heard Got a Hold On Me, a couple of weeks ago, in a Goodwill store.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Large OUTSTANDING Red & Green Rob Peter to Pay Paul Quilt ~Holly Berry Border
$895.0
Large OUTSTANDING Red & Green Rob Peter to Pay Paul Quilt ~Holly Berry Border picturePeter Max, Green Sauce Pan
$650.0
Peter Max, Green Sauce Pan pictureVintage Pez Dispenser Peter Pan Walt Disney Green No Feet
$529.99
Vintage Pez Dispenser Peter Pan Walt Disney Green No Feet  picture8" Apple Green Loon by Peter Kakee Inuit Carving Eskimo soapstone art sculpture
$459.04
8Florence Ceramics PETER Green Gray Tuxedo and Hat Porcelain Figure RARE
$199.99
Florence Ceramics PETER Green Gray Tuxedo and Hat Porcelain Figure RARE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved