The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:34 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Apparently. It's basically the same premise of 24KG.
Hahahahahaha!! Post of the day! Maybe the month
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Where did you see that?
it sounds like the same producer (Mitchell Froom) that did the EP also did In My World .I'm also a big Crowded House fan it just has that sound..maybe that is why I like it.Just saw the highlighted part of your question .I read on here that one of her songs may be leftover from ITM. I can't recall the source.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.


Last edited by BombaySapphire3 : 05-09-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:44 PM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
it sounds like the same producer (Mitchell Froom) that did the EP also did In My World .I'm also a big Crowded House fan it just has that sound..maybe that is why I like it.
Because its from the same sessions.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Because its from the same sessions.
that is what I was trying to explain to Elle in the first place.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
it sounds like the same producer (Mitchell Froom) that did the EP also did In My World .I'm also a big Crowded House fan it just has that sound..maybe that is why I like it.Just saw the highlighted part of your question .I read on here that one of her songs may be leftover from ITM. I can't recall the source.
Come Out to Play was a leftover from ITM.. but it's not on this new album.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-09-2017, 11:00 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
that is what I was trying to explain to Elle in the first place.
lol he did not do the EP! EP is mashed together 3 songs produced by Froom from 2012 sessions and 1 song produced by LB and SN from 1973 sessions re-recorded at the end of 2012.

there was never supposed to be any EP. there were supposed to be 2 songs picked from 2012 sessions with added Nicks vocals made available for download as a teaser for the upcoming album. Froom was gonna be outside producer for the Mac, since Nicks didn't want LB producing.

EP was compromise Nicks came up with, i guess because she wanted to have a song composed by her too.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-10-2017, 07:05 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol he did not do the EP! EP is mashed together 3 songs produced by Froom from 2012 sessions and 1 song produced by LB and SN from 1973 sessions re-recorded at the end of 2012.

there was never supposed to be any EP. there were supposed to be 2 songs picked from 2012 sessions with added Nicks vocals made available for download as a teaser for the upcoming album. Froom was gonna be outside producer for the Mac, since Nicks didn't want LB producing.

EP was compromise Nicks came up with, i guess because she wanted to have a song composed by her too.
When people say "EP Sessions", they are referring to the sessions for an intended album that was later reduced to and released as an EP as a compromise. At least some of the resulting songs of said Sessions are now on B/M.
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-10-2017, 09:55 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
When people say "EP Sessions", they are referring to the sessions for an intended album that was later reduced to and released as an EP as a compromise. At least some of the resulting songs of said Sessions are now on B/M.
Some people might while others may think there were some separate EP sessions. You know how this works - 2 years from now somebody will pull out post referring to EP sessions as a definitive proof that FM got together w a sole goal to record an EP in like 2012/2013.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureFleetwood Mac - 7x9,6" Rare Hand Signed Photo by All 5
$479.9
Fleetwood Mac - 7x9,6SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac Poster Tusk Two Sided Stevie Nicks
$199.99
Fleetwood Mac Poster  Tusk  Two Sided  Stevie Nicks picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved