User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
David doesn't want to go to rock shows anymore because he'd want to swat all the young hooligans with his cane and/or newspapers and grumble under his breath about wanting tawny port, his smoking jacket, and the new issue of the Atlantic Monthly.
Well I'd have a lot more fun at show if it weren't for those damn meddling kids and their shenanigans...

Paula
Old 11-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Kortni...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogirl04
I saw that!! You were maybe five feet away from me before they opened the gates, too -- why in the world didn't I say hi? I'm such a dork.
Yeah, why didn't you say hi!! Ah well, there's always the next FM concert, right?

The Dallas '04 show was memorable because my mom and I were in the 2nd row and we rushed up to the stage. My mom had a blast and we got LB's autograph on my OOTC and BN LP's.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125
1. Metallica & Guns N Roses - My friend and I were at the Three Rivers Stadium up in the second level of seats talking about how we would do anything to get floor seats when a nice man and his son came up to us and asked if we would trade tickets with him. We ended up 13 rows back center floor and the show was amazing! Metallica rocked harder than I have ever heard a band rock before and Guns N Roses were kick a**. I was 14 at the time and it was my first concert and the first time I realized that chicks took off their tops to be on the jumbo screen. LOL.
I saw that tour at Rich Stadium in Buffalo (Orchard Park)when I was 16. I went with a bunch of friends, but it's a shame I remember the party in the parking lot more than the show. I was not that drunk/high (or was I...), but I barely remember being there. I'm pissed about that.

Paula
Old 11-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1.) Fleetwood Mac: HP Pavilion, San Jose CA - 6/29/04. 5th row on the floor, best seats I've had for any FM/SN concert! I saw two '03 shows and two '04, and everything from the setlist to Stevies hair was better in 2004!

2.) Stevie Nicks: Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View CA - 8/98. 8th (9th?) row, center stage. First (but not last ) time I've ever gotten teary eyed at a concert...

3.) Fleetwood Mac: Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood CA - 10/97. Seats weren't so great; center stage, but almost halfway back (and HB is huge!) But it was my first Mac concert with Lindsey (and the ticket was free!) so I couldn't complain...

4.) Depeche Mode: Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View CA - 8/01. Probably not many DM fans here, but they put on one of the most amazing, intense live performances I've ever seen! I've never felt that much energy from a crowd; FM/SN shows included!

5.) Erasure: Civic Auditorium, San Francisco CA - 3/21/03. Ditto on this one. It was general admission, and I was right up against the stage and got to shake hands, get autographs, etc. All that stuff I've never been able to do at a Stevie show...
Old 11-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfirefly
3. Von Bondies & Auf Der Maur - Nashville, Tn (Sept. 2004)
Already a fan of The Bondies...how is Auf Der Maur? Haven't heard anything yet but am highly curious.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
2. All other FM concerts esp. Auburn, WA July '03
I seem to recall a particularly blazing version of Come that night.....
Old 11-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1.Lindsey Buckingham~~OOTC Tour New Britain,CT THe Sting March 25,1993~~General Admission~~Front row, got to shake his hand, touch him and his guitar and have him hover above me for two songs!! Loved that show so much!!!
2.Stevie Nicks~~Mix Fest Boston, Mass on the Common October 12, 1996~~Free General Admission~~Several acts that day~~it was cold but awesome to see Stevie outdoors and doing a mini set which included Twisted! I was up front and my friend videotaped the show!
3.Stevie Nicks~~Enchanted Tour Hartford,CT The Meadows May 27, 1998. From the third row~~Great opening act Boz Scaggs. Golden Braid, Sleeping Angel and Enchanted in the set was too cool! She looked great and the set was like a fairy tale.
4.Fleetwood Mac~~Say You Will Tour~~Of all five shows I saw ( three in 2003 and two in 2004), My favorite has to be on the sidelines close to Lindsey's side of the stage at the Arena At Harbor Yard here in Bridgeport, CT Sept. 27, 2003. Lindsey was really primed up and wild!
5.Journey~~Detour 2004~~Mohegan Sun Arena~~Uncasville,CT Sept. 1,2004. On the side lines, close to Jonathan Cain's side. I have loved them for years about as long as my Mac obsession. Finally got to see them. The drummer Deen Castronovo is a kick A$$ drummer and singer! Can't wait to see them again.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 11-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just doing 3 cuz I go to a lot of shows.....but these were my fav.

1. Fleetwood Mac: Live in Boston Private Taping 9/23/03

2. Madonna: Washington DC 6/04 (so hard to get those tickets!)

3. NSYNC: Pittsburgh PA 4/02
Old 11-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
1.) Fleetwood Mac: HP Pavilion, San Jose CA - 6/29/04. 5th row on the floor, best seats I've had for any FM/SN concert! I saw two '03 shows and two '04, and everything from the setlist to Stevies hair was better in 2004!
Rock! My birthday concert! Did you stay in a seat, or were you up at the stage?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-12-2004, 06:07 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

1. FM, Birmingham, Al, June 2003, front row directly in front of Stevie's mic and touched Liddy during GYOW!

2. FM, Nashville TN May 2004, 2nd row, stood at the stage near Liddy and got his autograph on my Tusk cd.

3. FM, Knoxville TN Sept. 2003, 6th row, the first show my daughter went to with me.

4. FM, Atlanta GA, Sept. 2003.

5. Stevie Nicks, Birmingham, Al, Enchanted tour, because she actually talked to the audience during the show...I mean, more than just 2 or 3 words at a time!!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
3. NSYNC: Pittsburgh PA 4/02
Oh, Curtis.

Anyway. I've only been to 4 concerts, but I only acknowledge 3 of them. So here goes.

1) FM @ Conseco Fieldhouse in IN... 6/24/03. It was really neat having it on Mick's Birthday.

2) Spice Girls! I forget the exact date, but it was in 1998 @ Deer Creek Music Center in Noblesville, IN. My first concert everrrrrr. <3<3<3

3) Nelly Furtado: April 7, 2002 @ the Murat Egyptian Room in Downtown IN. She's so SMALL. dhaskjfgaskjd. She had a bubble machine on during "I'm Like A Bird" and one of the bubbles popped on someone's eye . And the pot. Oh, the pot. Hee.

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 11-13-2004 at 12:24 PM..
Old 11-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Well I'd have a lot more fun at show if it weren't for those damn meddling kids and their shenanigans...

Paula
good un

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Boston 1/7/79 Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida. 7 of us spent two weeks partying and traveling from Key West up the East Coast to Daytona Beach writing bad checks.

Bob Segar 4/5/80 Tangerine Bowl, Orlando, Florida. Great show and crowd.

Heart 5/18/81 Tangerine Bowl. I got separated from friends and didn’t see them again for days.

Rolling Stones 10/25/81 Tangerine Bowl. Huge crowd of party animals.

Molly Hatchet 12/4/83 Tom’s Point After Lounge. Union Park, Florida. Coke, coke and more coke. I don’t remember what USFL Football team showed up but they started hitting on the local girls and a huge fight broke out. Police raid with dogs and teargas shot into the lounge. The good old days.

Bad Man Competition 4/6/84 Orlando Sports Arena. Beat the living **** out of a guy any way you want and it’s legal. Lots of beer and topless woman. Police raided the show and there was a riot. The arena never opened again.

Now to the real music.

Stevie Nicks w/ Peter Frampton 8/8/86 Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, Florida. A buddy and I met two women on the beach from California that had just returned from Columbia South America. They had a trash bag full of coca leaves. We hung out in front of The Ocean Deck Bar drinking beer, smoking and chewing on coca leaves all day. I’ve never screwed a woman for so long in my life. The concert was sold out and an amazing show. We chewed more leaves afterwards LOL.

Fleetwood Mac 11/4/87 Leon County Civic Center. Tallahassee, Florida. I bought a brand new truck that morning and drove 4 hours to the show. First concert totally straight. Didn’t want to wreck my truck. They rocked the place.

Stevie Nicks 9/8/01 Sovereign Center, Reading, PA. The first Stevie concert I’ve ever been to and understood how it felt to be enchanted by Stevie in a way only Stevie can. An elderly fellow walking outside asked me “What the hell just happened in there with a daze in his eyes. He was possessed and Stevie owned him LOL. It was the grand reopening for the center so the crowd was all ages. Super friendly town and good hearted people. God that was a great show. Stevie rocked that place to the bone. The next day the town was still in shock.

There were many concerts in between this list but I can’t remember a damn thing. Oh I know how to sneak into Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Went to a lot of concerts there but only to get laid by horny young tourist girls. What is it about young girls on vacation? They so hawney.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

fleetwood mac~say you will~ july 2004 sioux city
fleetwood mac~say you will~ october 2003 omaha
stevie nicks~rock*a*little~ april 1986 lincoln
fleetwood mac~say you will~ october 2003 las vegas
stevie nicks~enchanted~ july 1998 bonner springs

brightest stevie blessings~
Old 11-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1/2 insane - I am extremely jealous of you.

Paula

PS - for all the great concerts you've been to, not the girls you've banged!