The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since this would be a product of Hollywood and profit oriented the story will probably focus on Stevie and
Lindsey and their rise from obscurity and how they changed FM from a mediocre blues band into one of the biggest pop bands ever...
Old 12-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Since this would be a product of Hollywood and profit oriented the story will probably focus on Stevie and
Lindsey and their rise from obscurity and how they changed FM from a mediocre blues band into one of the biggest pop bands ever...
Why would a film have to be a 'product of Hollywood and profit oriented'?
Even if it was, why would it have to focus mainly on Stevie and Lindsey? Has Hollywood completely lost the concept of a good story?

By the way, Fleetwood Mac were never a mediocre blues band and by the time Stevie and Lindsey joined they were far from even being a blues band.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Why would a film have to be a 'product of Hollywood and profit oriented'?
Even if it was, why would it have to focus mainly on Stevie and Lindsey? Has Hollywood completely lost the concept of a good story?

By the way, Fleetwood Mac were never a mediocre blues band and by the time Stevie and Lindsey joined they were far from even being a blues band.

Absolutely correct, because Welch and McVie's musical partnership pushed them towards rock/pop confessional songwriting.

Cheers
Mystery to Me and Bare Trees are two of the best albums ever
Old 05-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://uproxx.com/music/music-biopi...fleetwood-mac/

Kanye West, Britney Spears, And Other Musical Acts Who Should Have A Movie Made About Them

BY: Steven Hyden Cultural Critic 05.30.19

On Friday, a new movie about the life of Elton John, Rocketman, will open in theaters. It’s the first big biopic about a musician to be released since the worldwide blockbuster success of 2018’s Bohemian Rhapsody. (I’m not counting the misbegotten adaptation of The Dirt, Motley Crue’s salacious memoir, that appeared on Netflix earlier this year, and was promptly panned and forgotten.) More biopics about famous musicians are on the horizon, including movies about David Bowie, Aretha Franklin, Dusty Springfield, and Celine Dion.

While I haven’t seen any of those movies yet, including Rocketman, I’m confident that the following two things are true: 1) They are probably going to be bad, because biopics about musicians are almost always bad; 2) I will enjoy watching them, because I’m a sucker for music biopics, especially if they’re bad. (Even The Dirt!)

I’ve seen so many music biopics that I think I’m pretty good at coming up with new ideas for music biopics. Here are eight of them, listed in order from “this would definitely work” to “this is kind of stupid but it would still definitely work.”

1. Go Your Own Way: The Fleetwood Mac Story

How has this movie not already been made? Perhaps because there’s too much story for a two or three-hour movie? You would have to make a Game Of Thrones-style TV show to tells the full story of Fleetwood Mac. Even the stuff that the average music fan doesn’t know about Fleetwood Mac is fascinating. The Peter Green years could be its own season. The Bob Welch years could also be a season. And then there are Mac’s glory years — you’ll need at least 12 episodes to do justice to the soap opera that unfolded during the making of Rumours. And then there’s the making of Tusk, which was nearly as tumultuous. I want an entire episode about Lindsey Buckingham doing blow and writing “The Ledge!”

Another thing in Fleetwood Mac’s favor: This band has an abundance of good movie/TV show titles, whether you want to go tragic (“Little Lies”), ironic (“You Make Loving Fun”), or dreamy (“Dreams”).
Old 06-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have always thought (and probably mentioned here in the past) that a movie would be too short to tell an accurate story about Fleetwood Mac. A miniseries would be far better. Or even a large series with different seasons, but a miniseries I think could be enough.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I have always thought (and probably mentioned here in the past) that a movie would be too short to tell an accurate story about Fleetwood Mac. A miniseries would be far better. Or even a large series with different seasons, but a miniseries I think could be enough.

I agree , I like the idea of a 5 part miniseries.

Pt 1. The early years/Peter Green & co 1967-1971
Pt 2. The transition years/ Bob Welch & co 1972-1974
Pt 3. Rumours 5 fab 1975-1987
Pt 4. Go solo 1981 to present
Pt 5. Buckingham out/in/out/ new line ups 1988 to present
Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would make a great Netflix series. It could go on for years! LOL

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Ledgie

The best scene would be when Stevie crashes Keith Olsen's Corvette through the roof of a house.

Stevie parks Keith's Corvette on a hill. She gets out of the car. She is standing there in a long robe, pink fuzzy slippers and a towel in her hair. She shuts the door. The car starts rolling down hill, flies off the road and ends up in someone's living room.

The camera pans back to Stevie's face. Stevie says, "huh?".

I took only slight liberties with the official story.