Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
hi all

we are already in UK, plan to be at wembly 10/30 and 10/31

have great seats 10/30 and 7th row 10/31.... who should we look for ?

also have 4 extra seats 10/30 if any ledgies in need... all floor in first 10 rows

we r downtown london, what is best way to get there ??
The easiest way is by underground train (the tube). You need either the Jubilee line or the Metropolitan line. You get off at Wembley park station and it's all signposted to the arena which is a few minutes walk away from the station. Just follow the crowd!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'll try to call you would you like to meet me tomorrow night for dinner?
yes, I'm planning to come to the restaurant as I will be close by anyway. But, call me when you get in.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Off we go!!!!!

Yesssssss Switzerland will also be attending to this WONDERFUL and UNIQUE concert, will be with you on Friday Eve!!!! Best Located middle A3, any body wanting some pix, just PM, exchange most welcome!!! Seems like the before-after meeting is half set?? Any meeting point?
Gheee just can't wait to make it!!!! Come on Peter and Christine, you could make our dreams happen !!!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is someone co-ordinating a meeting of all Ledgies on Friday?

I'd certainly like to meet whoever I can.
Unfortunately I missed dinner with David today as I didn't have his number so couldn't tell him I was running late. He'd already left. (I did have a good excuse - I was at the premiere of the new film about John Lennon called Nowhere Boy. It's amazing! All Beatles fans should see it when it comes out.)

Anyway, back to the meeting on Friday - I'm hoping to meet Gypsy Rhiannon and David, so hopefully others will join us too?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
Is someone co-ordinating a meeting of all Ledgies on Friday?

I'd certainly like to meet whoever I can.
Unfortunately I missed dinner with David today as I didn't have his number so couldn't tell him I was running late. He'd already left. (I did have a good excuse - I was at the premiere of the new film about John Lennon called Nowhere Boy. It's amazing! All Beatles fans should see it when it comes out.)

Anyway, back to the meeting on Friday - I'm hoping to meet Gypsy Rhiannon and David, so hopefully others will join us too?
I think we should have probably made more of a plan to co-ordinate something! Myself and Tommer will be there plenty of time before the show. I'm staying at the Ibis nearby and David is too. I don't have any way to contact Daid so hopefully will catch him at the hotel. My photo on here is retty recent (look on my profile)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Travelling to Wembley on Saturday by tube

If anyone is travelling by tube train to wembley from central London on Saturday both the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines are suspended most of the way. The best alternative is to take the Bakerloo line to Wembley central and either walk up the hill or get a bus to the arena.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I think we should have probably made more of a plan to co-ordinate something! Myself and Tommer will be there plenty of time before the show. I'm staying at the Ibis nearby and David is too. I don't have any way to contact Daid so hopefully will catch him at the hotel. My photo on here is retty recent (look on my profile)
Thanks, always helpful to know what someone looks like when you're trying to find them! All I could say to the restaurant staff was; a very tall American (re David!). They knew who I meant
Hope we can all catch up tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Hotel where band are staying

If anyone gets a confirmation on the London hotel where the band are staying could you please email me the details to: mytilis_edulis@hotmail.co.uk

I have been trying to get some autographs from the band for many years but most efforts have failed! However I was lucky to meet both Mick and Christine in Canterbury earlier this year.

Cheers, Steve.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmybroom View Post
If anyone gets a confirmation on the London hotel where the band are staying could you please email me the details to: mytilis_edulis@hotmail.co.uk

I have been trying to get some autographs from the band for many years but most efforts have failed! However I was lucky to meet both Mick and Christine in Canterbury earlier this year.

Cheers, Steve.
Do tell!!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Cheers, Steve.
Oooh, you are so lucky to have seen Christine. I would have just been staring at her the whole time and not listened to Mick's band at all. Of course, it would have been behavior like mine that pushed her to retire in the first place! Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
If you were at the Mohegan Sun show to see stevie Nicks in 2008 then I sat in the row behind you. You look very familiar. I think we even spoke that night.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If you were at the Mohegan Sun show to see stevie Nicks in 2008 then I sat in the row behind you. You look very familiar. I think we even spoke that night.
Nope...wasn't me
Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Twenty years ago, when my peers were having their parents' record collections enforced on them, I was receiving a rather more limited musical education (Paul Simon's Graceland and the soundtrack to Cats were the only albums my folks ever played, and even then on inexplicably long car journeys to a rainy French campsite). For this reason, I never received the inevitable schooling in Fleetwood Mac and their gazillion-selling Rumours album. Of course, you can run (into the shadows) but you can't hide. And by the time I hit my mid-20s, I surrendered to the Mac attack, especially the bizarre arrangements that make up their 1979 double LP Tusk. I think getting into them so late, when the first signs of complex, tangled, depressingly-adult problems were weaving their way into my life, helped me fall in love with them all the more. I ended up claiming them as my own, rather than as some guilty pleasure. Tonight, they play Wembley Arena.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...-fleetwood-mac
Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Christine in Canterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oooh, you are so lucky to have seen Christine. I would have just been staring at her the whole time and not listened to Mick's band at all. Of course, it would have been behavior like mine that pushed her to retire in the first place! Michele
Christine was in the audience for Mick Fleetwoods Blues Band concert in Canterbury this year. I spotted her arrive at the theatre whilst the Support band were on. I went outside the theatre for some air as it was stuffy in side. It was kind of dark outside but I noticed this woman pass by the front entrance. It was Chris, but before I realised who it was she went in the stage door. I met her on the way out after the show. I dashed outside quickly as soon as Mick bashed the last drum of the night. I seemed to be one of the first people to exit. I was very lucky to meet Christine as she was about to leave in a car. I ran over to the car and just asked if I could have an autograph. She said sure if your quick as she wants to leave before the crowds start exiting the theatre. I wasn't really ready as my albums were in my bag and my pen somewhere in there also! I scrambled about in there trying to find the pen! She was very warm, kind and patient with me. I was the only one that seemd to recognise her!? Eventually got my self sorted and she signed 2 albums and said Thanks to me and I gave her a hug and peck on the cheek. She was lovely and sweet. A VERY special moment. After that she was gone before anyone else noticed who it was. I was on a high from that meeting and then I went inside the theatre to meet Mick. He is just the nicest person ever. Again. so patient with everybody. A true gentleman.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine was in the audience for Mick Fleetwoods Blues Band concert in Canterbury this year. I spotted her arrive at the theatre whilst the Support band were on. I went outside the theatre for some air as it was stuffy in side. It was kind of dark outside but I noticed this woman pass by the front entrance. It was Chris, but before I realised who it was she went in the stage door. I met her on the way out after the show. I dashed outside quickly as soon as Mick bashed the last drum of the night. I seemed to be one of the first people to exit. I was very lucky to meet Christine as she was about to leave in a car. I ran over to the car and just asked if I could have an autograph. She said sure if your quick as she wants to leave before the crowds start exiting the theatre. I wasn't really ready as my albums were in my bag and my pen somewhere in there also! I scrambled about in there trying to find the pen! She was very warm, kind and patient with me. I was the only one that seemd to recognise her!? Eventually got my self sorted and she signed 2 albums and said Thanks to me and I gave her a hug and peck on the cheek. She was lovely and sweet. A VERY special moment. After that she was gone before anyone else noticed who it was. I was on a high from that meeting and then I went inside the theatre to meet Mick. He is just the nicest person ever. Again. so patient with everybody. A true gentleman.
how cool was that!! Very exciting. I would love to meet Chris

I remember it all...you just had to fall...