The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just before Christine passed, Billy told Rolling Stone that he just did an album with Mick. Maybe now would be a good time to put The Zoo back together. It would be Mick, Bekka, Billy, Todd, and maybe Dave Bronze from the Peter Green tribute on bass. I’d love Ricky Peterson on keyboards, but I think he has a better paying gig lined up.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2023, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Just before Christine passed, Billy told Rolling Stone that he just did an album with Mick. Maybe now would be a good time to put The Zoo back together. It would be Mick, Bekka, Billy, Todd, and maybe Dave Bronze from the Peter Green tribute on bass. I’d love Ricky Peterson on keyboards, but I think he has a better paying gig lined up.
I would go see that, as long as Mick isn't expecting FM pay.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was interesting that Mick mentioned Neil and Mike as members of the band yesterday. I can’t imagine either of them actually consider themselves FM members when not on the last tour. Right now, I think there’s too much grief about Chris to really consider touring without her. But I also think that John is not likely to want to tour anymore, and it’s a much harder sell as FM without the McVies.

Stevie has no reason to go back to FM. Now that Chris is gone, Stevie won’t be the reason the band gives for not reuniting. We know that matters to her from the great lengths the band went to in lying about how Stevie made sure Lindsey was fired from the band. And, as it is, Stevie hates Lindsey and doesn’t want to perform with him anymore. I think FM used up the audience willingness to pay big dollars for a tour with replacements in 2018-2019. With two of the main songwriters out of the band, it’s just not a compelling ticket now. So the choice is some ragtag, not mega profitable tour with Mick and replacements or her own tour. Not a hard choice since the Stevie solo tour brings the same or more money and more cachet too.

I hope Mick doesn’t need money at this point. I really do. I get that he may want to keep gigging, but I think the big touring paydays are done. They probably already knew that in 2018-2019. But now it’s for sure.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I thought it was interesting that Mick mentioned Neil and Mike as members of the band yesterday. I can’t imagine either of them actually consider themselves FM members when not on the last tour.
In a second interview with LA Times, after Mick said Stevie is touring, Lindsey will tour, Neil Finn "who is still in Fleetwood Mac," Mike Campbell.

I guess he mentions Lindsey because he is in the most famous lineup of FM. But I don't get why he didn't mention the other living persons who were in FM (Jeremy, the Daves, Bekka, Billy, and Rick). He said a year or 2 ago it was his vision to have all the living members play on stage together.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:49 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
With Christine gone, I wouldn’t want to see any combination of the remaining members touring or recording as “Fleetwood Mac,” but reading that wiki page in past tense was like a punch in the gut.

Like, what do you do when, not just your favorite band, but your favorite anything, the people and art that defined your life (and for many of us born in the 70s or later, your whole life) are over? Really, it was all over on 11/30, but there’s something so surreal about seeing “Fleetwood Mac was…” written out like that.

I suppose this is how the past 40+ years must have felt for Beatles fans. We’re lucky to have had them for so long, and of course we’ll always have the music, but it still feels so weird… like now what? I guess I need a new hobby or something?

Thank you, Fleetwood Mac, for bringing us along on the wildest ride in rock and roll history.
Wikipedia has limitations where opinions are fact and tabloids such as National Enquirer and TMZ are considered legitimate news sources. Publicists and management companies exist to avoid aforementioned reasons.

At the present, Fleetwood Mac does not have any activities planned. For the foreseeable future, present and notable past members will be occupied with solo activities (Lindsey, Stevie) and other bans (Mike, Neil).
Old 02-07-2023, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would go see that, as long as Mick isn't expecting FM pay.
He could never get FM pay. But with a Zoo Meet and Greet, you have your chance to finally get that photo keepsake you always wanted. Who knows, there also could be a few extra Biddy britches around.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
He could never get FM pay. But with a Zoo Meet and Greet, you have your chance to finally get that photo keepsake you always wanted. Who knows, there also could be a few extra Biddy britches around.
I have zero desire to have my pic taken with him. The two pics I'd have wanted? One is dead, and the other fired.

And Biddy's panties? Ewwww.........
Mick has probably worn them.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Like, what do you do when, not just your favorite band, but your favorite anything, the people and art that defined your life (and for many of us born in the 70s or later, your whole life) are over? Really, it was all over on 11/30, but there’s something so surreal about seeing “Fleetwood Mac was…” written out like that.
It’s a very similar feeling to what some of us had in . . . I guess around 1995, when Fleetwood told the media that the band was kaput. The only difference is that I remember feeling relief that year — the stringing out of new faces and last-ditch activities for years felt like desperation — whereas this ending feels like metaphorical death in the wake of literal death.

The fog was where I wanted to be. Halfway down the path you can’t see this house. You’d never know it was here. Or any of the other places down the avenue. I couldn’t see but a few feet ahead. I didn’t meet a soul. Everything looked and sounded unreal. Nothing was what it is. That’s what I wanted—to be alone with myself in another world where truth is untrue and life can hide from itself. Out beyond the harbor, where the road runs along the beach, I even lost the feeling of being on land. The fog and the sea seemed part of each other. It was like walking on the bottom of the sea. As if I had drowned long ago. As if I was the ghost belonging to the fog, and the fog was the ghost of the sea. It felt damned peaceful to be nothing more than a ghost within a ghost. — O’Neill, Long Day’s Journey into Night

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2023, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s a very similar feeling to what some of us had in . . . I guess around 1995, when Fleetwood told the media that the band was kaput. The only difference is that I remember feeling relief that year
Prior to the announcement about Fleetwood Mac disbanding, it had been announced that Mick was playing drums on Lindsey’s new album, so there was a Fleetwood Mac is dead, long live Fleetwood Mac vibe, especially after the Kentucky Derby and the release of “Twisted.” In less than five months, Fleetwood Mac became the Rumours lineup, even if it only existed as a hypothetical.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2023, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought Mick made the point of referring to Neil and Mike as band members to underscore the company line that they were real band members as opposed to being hired guns. That said, I doubt they are anything more than hired guns. At this point, he doesn't want to sully whatever the image of FM is by reminding people of the Bekka/Billy/Rick county fair days.

I think I mourned FM in 2018/2019 when it seemed clear that they were splintered and not going to be fixed. But losing Christine really makes it final. The music really is eternal, and I'm glad to have it. The comfort I have now is that I don't think the band would have reunited to play even if Christine were living, and if they did, watching Stevie and Lindsey pretend to like each other would be nauseating. But in reality, Chris and John seemed to be in iffy health to do a long tour after 2019, Stevie would never play with Lindsey, and so we'd be where we are now, where Stevie would be choosing between her own tour and touring with Mick and backup musicians. She probably makes more money on her own and gets all the adulation.

But I get the feeling of loss. For me, it's more a sense of bitterness, though. I feel like this band sold this image of coming together despite their differences, and especially sold the Stevie/Lindsey relationship hard for 20 years after The Dance (when the truth was the polar opposite of what they pretended to be -- to sell tour tickets), only to end up splitting up in a really acrimonious and ugly way. I don't listen to music to watch people be nasty to each other, and somehow where we ended up just highlights the poor behavior of everyone over the years. Truth hurts, I guess. But at this point, for me, I'm happier having the albums and recordings to enjoy than watching the band limp through more tours.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I thought Mick made the point of referring to Neil and Mike as band members to underscore the company line that they were real band members as opposed to being hired guns. That said, I doubt they are anything more than hired guns. At this point, he doesn't want to sully whatever the image of FM is by reminding people of the Bekka/Billy/Rick county fair days.

I think I mourned FM in 2018/2019 when it seemed clear that they were splintered and not going to be fixed. But losing Christine really makes it final. The music really is eternal, and I'm glad to have it. The comfort I have now is that I don't think the band would have reunited to play even if Christine were living, and if they did, watching Stevie and Lindsey pretend to like each other would be nauseating. But in reality, Chris and John seemed to be in iffy health to do a long tour after 2019, Stevie would never play with Lindsey, and so we'd be where we are now, where Stevie would be choosing between her own tour and touring with Mick and backup musicians. She probably makes more money on her own and gets all the adulation.

But I get the feeling of loss. For me, it's more a sense of bitterness, though. I feel like this band sold this image of coming together despite their differences, and especially sold the Stevie/Lindsey relationship hard for 20 years after The Dance (when the truth was the polar opposite of what they pretended to be -- to sell tour tickets), only to end up splitting up in a really acrimonious and ugly way. I don't listen to music to watch people be nasty to each other, and somehow where we ended up just highlights the poor behavior of everyone over the years. Truth hurts, I guess. But at this point, for me, I'm happier having the albums and recordings to enjoy than watching the band limp through more tours.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. One reason for the bitterness is so many of us saw this coming. We all knew the 2018 tour would be the last tour. Yet one member prevented not only an album but a final tour of these 5. Clearly Stevie did not like preforming and recording with Chris enough to look past the drama with Lindsey one more time.
So to the members here that still call us bitter this is why. We told you so. I am thankful for Buck/Vie and that brilliant album and tour. I loved meeting Lindsey and strumming his guitar on his solo tour the year after too. However for the legacy of the band, I am sure THEY ALL regret it more than we do.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Clearly Stevie did not like preforming and recording with Chris enough to look past the drama with Lindsey one more time.
I still maintain she didn’t do the album because she didn’t have anything to offer and nothing good would have come out of it for her. She had this newfound younger audience thanks to AHS that loved her classic material. Why would she risk losing that by being seen as the weakest writer? Why diminish her image?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2023, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still maintain she didn’t do the album because she didn’t have anything to offer and nothing good would have come out of it for her. She had this newfound younger audience thanks to AHS that loved her classic material. Why would she risk losing that by being seen as the weakest writer? Why diminish her image?
I think she didn't want to work in a studio with Lindsey.

The argument people make is that Christine had 16 years away from Lindsey so that's why she had a great time making music with him in 2014. Whereas Stevie had to "deal" with Lindsey since The Dance.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think she didn't want to work in a studio with Lindsey.

The argument people make is that Christine had 16 years away from Lindsey so that's why she had a great time making music with him in 2014. Whereas Stevie had to "deal" with Lindsey since The Dance.
That’s what she said, but I think that was to save face. That she didn’t make a Fleetwood Mac album after Lindsey was gone and her primary collaborator was in tells me that she doesn’t have anything left and doesn’t want to be seen as the weakest one.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2023, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That’s what she said, but I think that was to save face. That she didn’t make a Fleetwood Mac album after Lindsey was gone and her primary collaborator was in tells me that she doesn’t have anything left and doesn’t want to be seen as the weakest one.
Does Mike actually sit and work on the music with her like Lindsey did? I thought he just sends her a track, she writes lyrics, and gives him writing credit.