The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless the five of them can come together to do the farewell tour…forget it. Mick can join Stevie on her tours. I believe the Fleetwood Mac ship has sailed.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do. Making Christine walk back her comments proves to me Stevie intends to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. And most likely after that she'll tour another few years by herself and then book the farewell FM tour featuring Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and herself and they'll do the same setlist as the last FM tour Lindsey was involved with minus Christine.
Wow...the Kool-Aid is strooooooong.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Mike and Christine said no more tours but just big shows or festivals.

But Stevie said recently she would be playing live at 80.
LOLOL Oh Stevie said? She's said a lot of things that have gone...nowhere.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do.
No doubt that's what she loves to do. But one thing is that she will want to do it and another is that she will be able to do it. I'm sure Stevie and Mick want to play until the end of their lives, whatever reason, but life (and health) is unpredictable.

And about more FM tours, besides the reason I just mentioned, no... I don't see the 5 guys reunited again for tours. Maybe for one special reason, ala Pink Floyd in 2005 Live 8, but still, hard to believe it will occur.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe FM will tour again. After reading Chris's latest comments about her health and Johns, I just can't see it. I really don't even want to see them again at this point. They are really getting up there in years now. The playing is still good, but the voices aren't really there anymore.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-31-2022, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
No doubt that's what she loves to do. But one thing is that she will want to do it and another is that she will be able to do it. I'm sure Stevie and Mick want to play until the end of their lives, whatever reason, but life (and health) is unpredictable.

And about more FM tours, besides the reason I just mentioned, no... I don't see the 5 guys reunited again for tours. Maybe for one special reason, ala Pink Floyd in 2005 Live 8, but still, hard to believe it will occur.
I do think Health is an issue. And not just Stevie’s. I do think that Stevie can find another way to perform without touring. Not a tour the way we knew them, anyway. Maybe 5 dates. Covid opened up a whole New World of streaming possibilities and I can see her exploring them. She can perform before a live audience and get that adrenaline rush without the toll of travel. Pay-per-view.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Unless the five of them can come together to do the farewell tour…forget it. Mick can join Stevie on her tours. I believe the Fleetwood Mac ship has sailed.
Yes, and I think they’ve essentially said their farewells to all of us at this point.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What are realistic/practical setlist changes for her tour later this year?

Belle Fleur, Leather and Lace, Annabel Lee, How Still My Love, Twisted, her second biggest hit "Talk To Me"?
Old 08-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I do think Health is an issue. And not just Stevie’s. I do think that Stevie can find another way to perform without touring. Not a tour the way we knew them, anyway. Maybe 5 dates. Covid opened up a whole New World of streaming possibilities and I can see her exploring them. She can perform before a live audience and get that adrenaline rush without the toll of travel. Pay-per-view.
although she really didn't try to do ANYTHING creative during Covid.... at least nothing that got shared. I'm thinking of people who did videos.... I mean super short things like TikTok or longer bits on youtube either performing in their home studio or doing livestreams with fans or just pre recording little bits, or stepping up her game on Instagram....just.....nothing. Except moan about losing her last good years and missing the road.

I think it speaks more to why she likes touring-- like she doesn't know wtf to do with all the time at home she romanticized having during all her tours. Christ she was even talking getting a mobile home in that posh mobile home park for movie stars etc in Malibu. Her little perch above the sea. It feels like what she likes these days about touring is having that daily routine and appointments and being the center of a large group of people. So I'm gonna be surprised if she figures out how to make that work when she can't tour any more. She's still such a Luddite.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
although she really didn't try to do ANYTHING creative during Covid.... at least nothing that got shared. I'm thinking of people who did videos.... I mean super short things like TikTok or longer bits on youtube either performing in their home studio or doing livestreams with fans or just pre recording little bits, or stepping up her game on Instagram....just.....nothing. Except moan about losing her last good years and missing the road.

I think it speaks more to why she likes touring-- like she doesn't know wtf to do with all the time at home she romanticized having during all her tours. Christ she was even talking getting a mobile home in that posh mobile home park for movie stars etc in Malibu. Her little perch above the sea. It feels like what she likes these days about touring is having that daily routine and appointments and being the center of a large group of people. So I'm gonna be surprised if she figures out how to make that work when she can't tour any more. She's still such a Luddite.
She didn't do anything creative?! She edited and released a 4 year old concert video!!!
Old 08-04-2022, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She didn't do anything creative?! She edited and released a 4 year old concert video!!!
SHE? Just like she removes her vocals from records. She's quite the engineer.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dear me, I do stand corrected!! I should have said nothing ORIGINAL. Even the dam cranberry juice thing wasn't her own idea. And she had to be persuaded to do it by the youngsters around her.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
dear me, I do stand corrected!! I should have said nothing ORIGINAL.
I hear she is working on a movie about Rhiannon with songs that she wrote for a song cycle. She is probably close to nailing down a final screenplay. It’s only a matter of time before we see Rhiannon on the big screen!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I hear she is working on a movie about Rhiannon with songs that she wrote for a song cycle. She is probably close to nailing down a final screenplay. It’s only a matter of time before we see Rhiannon on the big screen!
Does she know how dumb she sounds, STILL talking about this, after 45 years of talking about it?
Old 08-05-2022, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Does she know how dumb she sounds, STILL talking about this, after 45 years of talking about it?
Avatar´s sequel will be finally released after 13 years. So it is no surprise Stevie waited so long. I'm glad it is finally announced; it was worth the wait knowing that with a 45 year production, this film will be in VR-5d and the lead actress is an ADN cloned young version of Stevie