Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Still super disappointed and angry at her about Lindsey, but I did look at the prices for Asbury Park since I'm in VB, VA. Goodness gracious. I've spent so much on Stevie and FM over the years, but no way would I pay this for tickets since it's the same tired show. Sorry not sorry.
How much are the tickets? I tried to look but they dont go on sale for the venue closest to me for a few days. Also what is the livenation presale about? Usually its a certain credit card you need but this appears different.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:43 AM
Ledgie

Hard to tell a price. Ticketmaster immediately only has resale tickets. But $200 to sit on the lawn in IL?... (she should tour with Springsteen).
Old 07-27-2022, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I maybe, maybe could consider a Detroit ticket depending on what the ticket prices are only because this could literally be THE LAST time she tours at this point...but that setlist, ugh.

Golden Braid has already been retired, but we're all treated to Moonlight again. It amuses me how she talks about those movies like they're legendary pieces of cinema. Hasn't the world collectively agreed that those films were terrible?

Let's not forget the 40th anniversary of Waddy butchering Gypsy. I think of Lindsey every time he hacks his way through it.

Rhiannon hasn't been interesting since 1994.

It's been 5 years since Tom passed - is it really about a tribute to Tom at this point (was it ever?) or are we just borrowing a big crowd pleasing tune.

Vanessa Carlton opening AGAIN!? Is it 2005!?

I've already talked myself out of it.
Old 07-27-2022, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How much are the tickets? I tried to look but they dont go on sale for the venue closest to me for a few days. Also what is the livenation presale about? Usually its a certain credit card you need but this appears different.
I thought I saw somewhere on a fb group that the cheapest are over $200.00, and that, I believe, is some kind of lawn/GA seating. I think you're right though, I believe they go on sale at the end of this month, (July)?
Old 07-27-2022, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still super disappointed and angry at her about Lindsey, but I did look at the prices for Asbury Park since I'm in VB, VA. Goodness gracious. I've spent so much on Stevie and FM over the years, but no way would I pay this for tickets since it's the same tired show. Sorry not sorry.
Not saying that tickets aren't overpriced, but in fairness, the Asbury Park ticket would be for a music festival, not just a Stevie show.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought I saw somewhere on a fb group that the cheapest are over $200.00, and that, I believe, is some kind of lawn/GA seating. I think you're right though, I believe they go on sale at the end of this month, (July)?
It's like $250 for two-day admission. No seat. The lineup is not magnificent, imo. The only other act I like is Culture Club.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I maybe, maybe could consider a Detroit ticket depending on what the ticket prices are only because this could literally be THE LAST time she tours at this point...but that setlist, ugh.
It's been 5 years since Tom passed - is it really about a tribute to Tom at this point (was it ever?) or are we just borrowing a big crowd pleasing tune.

Vanessa Carlton opening AGAIN!? Is it 2005!?

I've already talked myself out of it.
It's not going to be her last tour. She has many more tours to do and a couple more Fleetwood Mac tours to do. But because of covid I am sitting this one out. Last thing I need are the drunks behind me screaming and spitting on the back of my neck.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ticket prices are about $65 for lawn and range in the hundreds for pavilion seats and about $650 for really close in the third or fourth row.
I HATE concerts at amphitheaters even though this is the same one I saw the Dance and where Stevie grabbed both my hands in 1998. Yet I don't want to shell out $1000 for the same old same old again.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It's not going to be her last tour. She has many more tours to do and a couple more Fleetwood Mac tours to do. But because of covid I am sitting this one out. Last thing I need are the drunks behind me screaming and spitting on the back of my neck.
Is this sarcasm or are you for real? A couple of Fleetwood Mac tours, really?
Old 07-28-2022, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Mike and Christine said no more tours but just big shows or festivals.

But Stevie said recently she would be playing live at 80.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Mike and Christine said no more tours but just big shows or festivals.

But Stevie said recently she would be playing live at 80.
playing what? The tambourine?? LOL

Christine will be 80 a year from now, and she hasn't really been able to play piano in a live venue for years.

Stevie doesn't dance at her shows anymore, and hasn't for several years, she stands, fluffs her ribbons on her mic stand, waves her arms around and does that weird headbanger thing with her head/hair. She pays a hefty price for wearing the lower heeled boots. She's 74. Let's see her at 80.

She may want to still tour then, but... Maybe she does only 2 shows a week. Those 3 days between shows will become 4 or 5. And knock on wood, but who knows what health or fitness ailments will befall her... a la Chris, and her back and hands, or John and his health. Or LB and his heart attack, the fact he survived it notwithstanding.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do. Making Christine walk back her comments proves to me Stevie intends to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. And most likely after that she'll tour another few years by herself and then book the farewell FM tour featuring Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and herself and they'll do the same setlist as the last FM tour Lindsey was involved with minus Christine.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do. Making Christine walk back her comments proves to me Stevie intends to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. And most likely after that she'll tour another few years by herself and then book the farewell FM tour featuring Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and herself and they'll do the same setlist as the last FM tour Lindsey was involved with minus Christine.
Man, you really have faith in her living forever. She barely has any voice now.
Old 07-29-2022, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can they call it "Fleetwood Mac" if it's just her and Mick with some hired hands??

And if they can, then the 4 were cowardly morons to not call BUckVIe FM
Old 07-29-2022, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you see Christine's interviews last month? She said Fleetwood Mac sort of broke up and that she'd always want Lindsey back if they played again. It's been over a month since that interview and she hasn't walked back those comments.