The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What do you think is most likely Christine's next move from here?
rejoin Fleetwood Mac 12 32.43%
new solo album 11 29.73%
go back to hiding and play with her dogs 14 37.84%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He likes to tell himself that they don't need her. He's delusional!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And even if she did decide she was the "come and go" type and wanted to join the tour in London, no big deal. I bet if they promoted her appearance and promised that some of her songs would be played (including Everywhere) that they could sell one extra night at the O2 in London (and Dublin too maybe, if she was willing to take the ferry or whatever).

The extra shows would more than make up for any inconvenience of changing the show to accommodate her brief appearances. Also, they could do a DVD including her and that would bring in some money.

Then, when they aren't near her home location, they could continue the tour without her and pocket all that money 4 ways.

Believe me, if we knew Christine would be there and that they were going to temporarily change the setlist to accommodate her, a lot of non-European fans would make the trip.

They are throwing money away not getting everything from Christine that she is willing to give them, even it means settling for less than they want.

Michele
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

True. Christine loves the money as much as they do, but I don't think she'd mind not getting a cut from dates she did not play.

And a DVD release is pretty much a necessity if she's joining part time. Maybe they could do a concert series. One day is all the hits, another for a new album from start to finish, and another for deep cuts and some earlier FM material

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
True. Christine loves the money as much as they do, but I don't think she'd mind not getting a cut from dates she did not play.

And a DVD release is pretty much a necessity if she's joining part time. Maybe they could do a concert series. One day is all the hits, another for a new album from start to finish, and another for deep cuts and some earlier FM material
Depeche Mode did recently 2 shows in a row in NYC area - one in Brooklyn and one in Jones Beach. for Jones Beach, they swapped 6 songs in their setlist (about a quarter of their set), and said they did that because they figured lot of the same people will come to both shows.

that kind of rational thinking and respect for fans is completely out of the realm of our dear macsters brains.

granted, when LB did solo shows last year, if he had 2 shows in a row at the same place, he usually added an encore (Rock Away Blind) the second night.

but Mac played NYC, NJ, and JB; 3 shows in London; and 2 shows in Dublin, and felt no need whatsoever to mix up the setlist (unless you count dropping of Silver Springs in NJ, and Christine showing up with the exact same setlist in London to be "mixing up").

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Depeche Mode did recently 2 shows in a row in NYC area - one in Brooklyn and one in Jones Beach. for Jones Beach, they swapped 6 songs in their setlist (about a quarter of their set), and said they did that because they figured lot of the same people will come to both shows.

that kind of rational thinking and respect for fans is completely out of the realm of our dear macsters brains.

granted, when LB did solo shows last year, if he had 2 shows in a row at the same place, he usually added an encore (Rock Away Blind) the second night.

but Mac played NYC, NJ, and JB; 3 shows in London; and 2 shows in Dublin, and felt no need whatsoever to mix up the setlist (unless you count dropping of Silver Springs in NJ, and Christine showing up with the exact same setlist in London to be "mixing up").
I think LB likes to rehearse a set and stick with it. I'm with you.. change it up.. you have the talent!!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Spontaneity isn't really the Mac's strongest suit.

I hardly watch the tour videos now unless there's a sort of standout moment from a particular song because it's the same old, same old. If they change a few things, then we can talk.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-30-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think LB likes to rehearse a set and stick with it. I'm with you.. change it up.. you have the talent!!
right how can i forget... show has to have an arc, like a theater play. why not make 2-3 different shows with different arcs?

Steely Dan does this too btw - they play 2 almost completely different setlists on the tour they are currently on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right how can i forget... show has to have an arc, like a theater play. why not make 2-3 different shows with different arcs?

Steely Dan does this too btw - they play 2 almost completely different setlists on the tour they are currently on.
Does Steely Dan have UK dates? Wonder if Chris saw them live.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Does Steely Dan have UK dates? Wonder if Chris saw them live.
no idea, google them. they are currently on the US tour.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright, I'll Google that one.

Veering off topic a little, but what if Christine was the manager instead of Mick back then? She's clearly the most organized, logical and level headed one.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not even asking them to change their setlist really. Not permanently. I don't want to upset their delicate sensibilities. I'm just asking for them to do some Christine songs for 3-5 UK dates if she's with them, then they can go right back to business as usual and do the other 95 shows on their tour EXACTLY the same.

Michele
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Veering off topic a little, but what if Christine was the manager instead of Mick back then? She's clearly the most organized, logical and level headed one.
They would never have left England. She's maybe a little to conservative for that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not even asking them to change their setlist really. Not permanently. I don't want to upset their delicate sensibilities. I'm just asking for them to do some Christine songs for 3-5 UK dates if she's with them, then they can go right back to business as usual and do the other 95 shows on their tour EXACTLY the same.

Michele
That's already a big change. I wonder who was responsible for the never changing list? They varied stuff until the white album tour.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, here's an answer for you...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03c4dvt

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks of My Years

Duration:
2 hours, 30 minutes

First broadcast:
Monday 07 October 2013

This week, former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks Of My Years and she opens with a classic Beach Boys song from their groundbreaking album Pet Sounds along with a Steely Dan track featured on their acclaimed long player Gaucho. Plus there's the Record and Album Of The Week and the Monday round of PopMaster. Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 while married to founder member John McVie. She left the band in 1998 shortly after Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Christine is currently working on new solo material which is planned for a forthcoming album which she describes as marking a return to her musical sound from the seventies.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New SOLO ALBUM. That's exciting. Also, she'll be doing some publicity for it. Might even start up her website again. Hey, she might answer those questions we asked her ten years ago. Ha.

Michele