User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Right on with everything you said. We all know that Lindsey is a pretty intense guy. Stevie, equally intense and dark in her own way, is just relating this through her own albeit biased personal experience. Let's face it, she is a genuine drama queen. And she's often very blunt with her comments, however misguided they may be.

What made me cringe was her speculation that she and Lindsey might have married and had children, and domestic bliss would occur. That is such a bull**** fairytale. Why on earth does she say such crap? It really shows lack of respect and insensitivity for the family that he has now. It's a stable life that Stevie and Lindsey would never have had, had they gone down that road. It would have become a train wreck.

I wish she would just drop that narrative. Lindsey has moved on a long time ago, but clearly Stevie hasn't.
i like the way you explained this. i can also see what you stated in the last sentence, if true, as easily being a big problem for her in working / touring with FM - you wouldn't want to go back in the situation that would constantly remind you of what you lost / don't have. that wouldn't be that big of a problem if you moved on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i like the way you explained this. i can also see what you stated in the last sentence, if true, as easily being a big problem for her in working / touring with FM - you wouldn't want to go back in the situation that would constantly remind you of what you lost / don't have. that wouldn't be that big of a problem if you moved on.
And now i know that "Dreams" is not about Lindsey but Stevie herself .
Old 10-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
lol. seriously there was no pun intended

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol. seriously there was no pun intended
Always better when not intended .

I'm shocked at how much i don't have anything to say about this whole thing.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She always did say that SHE was the one who 'wanted her freedom,' not him.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They have such a bizarre relationship. And, you can't really say that Lindsey has totally cut the cord of their relationship when a lot of his current songs still seem to be harkening back to Stevie (open, of course, to personal interpretation). Of course, he is also smart enough to know what makes money and...singing about the wife and kids at soccer practice doesn't cut it.

But, I think dreams (not the song) and reality have clashed in their relationship all their lives.

I think that Stevie wouldn't really have cared all that much about the lyric/English lesson conversation if she hadn't absolutely spelled out--in no uncertain terms--that the song was about him just seconds before. And, I'm sure he knew this but she DID come right out and say it, in case there was any doubt. And those words are pretty personal. In the romantic world that Stevie probably lives in, a grammar lesson would not be in order at that particular moment. Doesn't matter what role Lindsey has in the band, on the record, in fixing her songs...that was probably the wrong moment to bring it up.

But, they say and do inappropriate stuff all the time. I must be getting used to it because this didn't even begin to annoy me.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
She always did say that SHE was the one who 'wanted her freedom,' not him.
oh, sorry, i didn't know that. And it's my favorite song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
They have such a bizarre relationship. And, you can't really say that Lindsey has totally cut the cord of their relationship when a lot of his current songs still seem to be harkening back to Stevie (open, of course, to personal interpretation). Of course, he is also smart enough to know what makes money and...singing about the wife and kids at soccer practice doesn't cut it.

But, I think dreams (not the song) and reality have clashed in their relationship all their lives.

I think that Stevie wouldn't really have cared all that much about the lyric/English lesson conversation if she hadn't absolutely spelled out--in no uncertain terms--that the song was about him just seconds before. And, I'm sure he knew this but she DID come right out and say it, in case there was any doubt. And those words are pretty personal. In the romantic world that Stevie probably lives in, a grammar lesson would not be in order at that particular moment. Doesn't matter what role Lindsey has in the band, on the record, in fixing her songs...that was probably the wrong moment to bring it up.

But, they say and do inappropriate stuff all the time. I must be getting used to it because this didn't even begin to annoy me.

I agree with all of this, but i wonder about his current songs...i mean, for sure, there's Stevie, but he seems to be writing about his past in general lately (Seeds we sow), and Stevie is for sure a part of that picture, but...i just think he has moved on.
I was especially surprised when i heard that "In our own time" is about his wife...when i first listened to that song it screamed Stevie to me.
So now i don't really know anymore.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Doesn't matter what role Lindsey has in the band, on the record, in fixing her songs...that was probably the wrong moment to bring it up.
And his role in the band was never grammar master anyway. Presumably, she knows as much about the English language as he does. Since she, as she will tell you, went farther in school than he did, maybe she even knows more about grammar (although I'm pretty sure her college course grades were rotten, so...) What she doesn't know is music and that's where he should keep his nose.

It's not as if his own lyrics are a model in sentence structure anyway.

Whether what he said was right or not, I think he said it to annoy her. He didn't just meet the woman. He knows she's subject to extremes. I think he takes occasional pleasure in saying things to annoy not only her, but John too. But the "he/you/ It was I" remark was on the same level of annoyance as your little brother letting his foot stray over onto your side of the car seat. He wasn't trying to crush her ego, undermine her self-esteem, exercise his own dominance or hurt her everything.

He said it. She responded in a way she thought was triumphant. It entertained people in DR and that should have been the end of the story. If the last decade hasn't given her anything new to talk about, life must really be boring. If he hasn't insulted her in a noteworthy manner since then, I'm rather disappoinited.

Michele
Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh, sorry, i didn't know that. And it's my favorite song.

I agree with all of this, but i wonder about his current songs...i mean, for sure, there's Stevie, but he seems to be writing about his past in general lately (Seeds we sow), and Stevie is for sure a part of that picture, but...i just think he has moved on.
I was especially surprised when i heard that "In our own time" is about his wife...when i first listened to that song it screamed Stevie to me.
So now i don't really know anymore.
Was this in an interview? I've never heard that In Our Own Time was about his wife before...
Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If he hasn't insulted her in a noteworthy manner since then, I'm rather disappointed.

Michele

Lindsey must have really lost his flare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Was this in an interview? I've never heard that In Our Own Time was about his wife before...
Yes, he did say that in some sort of a public statement (which I would presume to be an interview). I can't recall where/when/why at the moment.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey must have really lost his flare.

Yes, he did say that in some sort of a public statement (which I would presume to be an interview). I can't recall where/when/why at the moment.
not 100% sure, but i think it might be in one of those SWS previews that he has on his website.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IOOT? I thought it was just WSCD.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
not 100% sure, but i think it might be in one of those SWS previews that he has on his website.
Ah, okay - thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
IOOT? I thought it was just WSCD.
Oddly enough, he said it about IOOT as well. Something about how it took her a while to trust him.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oddly enough, he said it about IOOT as well. Something about how it took her a while to trust him.
Hm yeah I just watched the preview of each song on his site and he only said that about WSCD, not IOOT. Do you recall where you heard him say this?