Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Trivia Questions

[Here are trivia questions that appeared in the April 21, 2001 newsletter. I'll post answers later this week]

1. At the beginning of which FM track (on the CD version, but not the album version), can Lindsey be heard whispering the "F" word in frustration?

2. In which 2 Lindsey songs does he use the lyrical phrase, "faces of liars, faces of glass"?

3. What cover of a Fats Domino song did Lindsey cut, but never made it to an album?

4. What did Lindsey ask second engineer John Boghosian to go out and record for background noises in "Bang the Drum."

5. Lindsey sang and played guitar on a track on what raspy-voiced blonde's album in 1985?

6. Which Eagle has Lindsey collaborated with?

7. On which 1984 Christine McVie US top-10 single did Linsey play guitar?

8. What did Lindsey fail to break on his first attempt for FM's "Hold Me" video?

9. Which of Linsdey's songs was covered by the punk band Limp on their album, "Pop and Disorderly" in 1997?

10. In 1984, Lindsey was contacted about starring opposite Linda Ronstadt on Broadway in what musical production?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Here are trivia questions that appeared in the April 21, 2001 newsletter. I'll post answers later this week]

1. At the beginning of which FM track (on the CD version, but not the album version), can Lindsey be heard whispering the "F" word in frustration?

2. In which 2 Lindsey songs does he use the lyrical phrase, "faces of liars, faces of glass"?

3. What cover of a Fats Domino song did Lindsey cut, but never made it to an album?

4. What did Lindsey ask second engineer John Boghosian to go out and record for background noises in "Bang the Drum."

5. Lindsey sang and played guitar on a track on what raspy-voiced blonde's album in 1985?

8. What did Lindsey fail to break on his first attempt for FM's "Hold Me" video?

9. Which of Linsdey's songs was covered by the punk band Limp on their album, "Pop and Disorderly" in 1997?

10. In 1984, Lindsey was contacted about starring opposite Linda Ronstadt on Broadway in what musical production?
wow, these are interesting! when i saw the title i thought i'll know them all, no problem, like it usually happens with most FM related questions you see in various radio polls, but i would know the answers to just 1, 2, 3, and 8, and even needed some re-confirming on those.

musical with Linda Ronstadt? definitely interesting!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Number 8 is the only one I know.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Number 8 is the only one I know.
oh come on, i know you must know #1! i've seen it happily discussed on these boards before.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh come on, i know you must know #1! i've seen it happily discussed on these boards before.
Since you only know 4 out of 10 you must not be the LB fan you claim to be.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah, with the other Q's it makes me starting doubting I know the A's to Any of them LOL.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Since you only know 4 out of 10 you must not be the LB fan you claim to be.
yup, obviously not a big fan!

do i really claim that though? if i remember correctly, you claimed i am (LB obsession may have been your exact words?), i never did!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow, these are interesting! when i saw the title i thought i'll know them all, no problem, like it usually happens with most FM related questions you see in various radio polls, but i would know the answers to just 1, 2, 3, and 8, and even needed some re-confirming on those.

musical with Linda Ronstadt? definitely interesting!
I had the same thought and quickly got put in my place too, after reading them! I, too, am most intrigued by #10 , as I always wondered why Lindsey was never approached for movies, TV or modeling, etc.

I only know 1, 2, and 5. #3 I realized I knew after Elle told me, but I guess that doesn't count
Old 01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I assume that Lindsey himself would be stumped by the answer to #2. He was asked about it in a fan question and kind of burst my bubble since I like to think there's a meaning behind repeated lyrics.

Michele
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I had the same thought and quickly got put in my place too, after reading them! I, too, am most intrigued by #10 , as I always wondered why Lindsey was never approached for movies, TV or modeling, etc.

I only know 1, 2, and 5. #3 I realized I knew after Elle told me, but I guess that doesn't count
you are actually better than me. really, i cheated by saying i knew #3 because i too realized i knew it only after i heard the answer, even though i have that Blue Monday version on one of my car CDs (but i always skip it b/c it's boring).

Quote:
I assume that Lindsey himself would be stumped by the answer to #2. He was asked about it in a fan question and kind of burst my bubble since I like to think there's a meaning behind repeated lyrics.

Michele
really? interesting! i have those lyrics on 2 of my lindsey-lyrics/request t-shirts, along with some other lyrics from the later song.

and for some additional trivia, i believe there is a member here whose ledge name is facesofglass. i bet he'd know where the phrase was used!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Yeah, that was Gaius' question that he answered on video right after he answered mine. Did anyone downloaded these? I"m especially looking for the first Q he answered (mine, "gerald from the netherlands"), and the second one: The faces of glass Q you mentioned.....

Last edited by shackin'up; 01-01-2013 at 06:21 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Yeah, that was Gaius' question that he answered on video right after he answered mine. Did anyone downloaded these, I"m especially looking for the first Q he answered, and the second one: The faces of glass Q you mentioned.....
ha so it turns out that facesofglass was asking Lindsey about faces of glass - and Lindsey didn't know the answer?!

and i second what Gerald asked - i've never had a chance to see those vids - does anybody have them?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha so it turns out that facesofglass was asking Lindsey about faces of glass - and Lindsey didn't know the answer?!
Lindsey was kind of like Urkel. His reaction was rather: Did I do that? Interesting.

Michele
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey was kind of like Urkel. His reaction was rather: Did I do that? Interesting.

Michele
Hehe, I can see that happening

Really interesting Q's! I'm most stunned by the Broadway offer!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are the answers

THE CHAIN

THE LOVING CUP, ON THE WRONG SIDE (this is from 2001, so add Down on Rodeo)

3. What cover of a Fats Domino song did Lindsey cut, but never made it to an album? BLUE MONDAY

KIDS PLAYING AT A PLAYGROUND

KIM CARNES

DON HENLEY [You Can't Make Love is a great song, by the way]

GOT A HOLD ON ME (pretty obvious. How many top-10 solo songs did she have in 1984)

THE MIRROR [wish we had the outtakes]

HOLIDAY ROAD

LA BOHEME