Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question your favorite LB show of 2012?

many of us had a chance to catch one of LB's one man shows this year.

with thousand apologies to people who were not in the US and didn't get that chance , anybody willing to jump in and share which show(s) you've seen and if lucky enough to have seen multiple shows, which one was your favorite and why?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw:

Washburn, WI (tent)
Council Bluffs, IA (RAB!)
Des Moines, IA (One Man Show, Rodeo, m&g!)
Louisville, KY (m&g)
Lexington, KY (Lindsey came out talking on cell to Will and had crowd say hi, played GYOW solo right in front of me)
Saugatuck, MI (RAB!)
South Milwaukee, WI
Madison, WI (Lindsey played Trouble to me, blew me a kiss from stage, smiled at me a ton, heaven!)
Eau Claire, WI (security guard tapping!)
Minneapolis, MN (hometown show, m&g)

So hard to choose a favorite, actually. Many of the shows have moments that I loved that made them unique. But if I had to pick, I would say the Council Bluffs, IA show was the best of them all. Lindsey and the crowd were both really into it and the vibe was amazing and he seemed to really play his heart out because of it.

Last edited by redtulip; 12-30-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I saw:

Washburn, WI (tent)
Council Bluffs, IA (RAB!)
Des Moines, IA (One Man Show, Rodeo, m&g!)
Louisville, KY (m&g)
Lexington, KY (Lindsey came out talking on cell to Will and had crowd say hi, played GYOW solo right in front of me)
Saugatuck, MI (RAB!)
South Milwaukee, WI
Madison, WI (Lindsey played Trouble to me, blew me a kiss from stage, smiled at me a ton, heaven!)
Eau Claire, WI (security guard tapping!)
Minneapolis, MN (hometown show, m&g)

So hard to choose a favorite, actually. Many of the shows have moments that I loved that made them unique. But if I had to pick, I would say the Council Bluffs, IA show was the best of them all. Lindsey and the crowd were both really into it and the vibe was amazing and he seemed to really play his heart out because of it.
wow, didn't even think of all the possibilities and love where you took this! i especially like how you listed something that was unique to each show you saw.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw:-

Santa Cruz CA
Sacramento CA
San Fransisco CA
Redding CA
Baltimore MD
Pittsburgh PA
Columbus OH
Fort Worth TX
Chicago IL
Chicago IL
Green Bay WI
Lake Supierior WI
Council Bluffs IA
Des Moines IA
Louisville KY
Lexington KY
Saugatuck MI
South Milwaukee WI
Madison WI
Eau Claire WI
Minnepolis MN

Like red tulip, my very favourite show has to be Council Bluffs - from all the shows I've attended, I have never seen Lindsey perform like he did that night! He was on fire! He was funny the whole way through, playful, played some songs differently than he usually does. It was a wild crowd and a wild show!

My second favourite would be Des Moines, and in third place Columbus. These were also spectacular shows!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I saw:-

Santa Cruz CA
Sacramento CA
San Fransisco CA
Redding CA
Baltimore MD
Pittsburgh PA
Columbus OH
Fort Worth TX
Chicago IL
Chicago IL
Green Bay WI
Lake Supierior WI
Council Bluffs IA
Des Moines IA
Louisville KY
Lexington KY
Saugatuck MI
South Milwaukee WI
Madison WI
Eau Claire WI
Minnepolis MN

Like red tulip, my very favourite show has to be Council Bluffs - from all the shows I've attended, I have never seen Lindsey perform like he did that night! He was on fire! He was funny the whole way through, playful, played some songs differently than he usually does. It was a wild crowd and a wild show!

My second favourite would be Des Moines, and in third place Columbus. These were also spectacular shows!
Des Moines was probably my second favorite too! Third I'd say Madison I think.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, the tent show (Washburn, WI) was a really good show and interesting venue. And it's also one of my personal favorites because I met McTrouble, elle, Lindsfan, and erwk05 in person for the first time and made some wonderful new friends that I hope to see more LB solo shows with in the future!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, the tent show (Washburn, WI) was a really good show and interesting venue. And it's also one of my personal favorites because I met McTrouble, elle, Lindsfan, and erwk05 in person for the first time and made some wonderful new friends that I hope to see more LB solo shows with in the future!
All friends for life!

And we will do it again!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
aww, how sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
All friends for life!

And we will do it again!
hopefully yeah once this next year of throwing away truckloads of money on a Mac show is out of the way!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
aww, how sweet!

hopefully yeah once this next year of throwing away truckloads of money on a Mac show is out of the way!
and we can spend same amount of money on about 20 OMS shows with front row and M&Gs!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sad to say I didn't catch him this time around....but I wanted to.

Unfortunatly....my funds went to seeing Stevie 1/2 show with R Stewart and Madonna in New Orleans....and the best yet, Heart Third Row! That was an awesome concert!

I regret it, as I know he always puts heart and soul in each tour....and my sister would have loved him, as well. I would have killed to see him in New Orleans at the intimate venue he played! Fingers crossed for next time!

(Fyi, I like LB electric) so, hope I didn't miss much this time around.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post

Unfortunatly....my funds went to seeing Stevie 1/2 show with R Stewart and Madonna in New Orleans....and the best yet, Heart Third Row! That was an awesome concert!

I regret it, as I know he always puts heart and soul in each tour....and my sister would have loved him, as well. I would have killed to see him in New Orleans at the intimate venue he played! Fingers crossed for next time!

It's a shame you didn't catch him, these solo shows really put a great deal of focus on his guitar playing and I found them to be really amazing. And a lot of the shows were really affordable, tickets to many were under $50.

You can always download One Man Show from itunes, it's almost as good as being there

Last edited by redtulip; 12-30-2012 at 10:48 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Please try and catch his One Man Show next time around - in my opinion you missed the best thing he's ever done!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok, let's see whether i can follow redtulip's example of pointing out certain moments that stand out for some of the shows i saw:

Sacramento CA
San Francisco CA (the fillmore! great performance, great venue, tons of crowd interaction)
Redding CA
Wilmington DE (Abbi and i with a little help from our friends (Eugene!) got LB to perform Rock Away Blind, only the second time on this tour!)
Baltimore MD
Pittsburgh PA
Columbus OH (probably the best audience i've seen on this tour, great interactions, Rock Away Blind!)
Chicago IL
Chicago IL (Walk a Thin Line! Rock Away Blind! enough said )
Green Bay WI
Lake Supierior WI (the tent show! it was another great performance, LB was on fire yet again)
Asheville NC (great acoustics, great performance but the moat . snippet of Rodeo!)
Knoxville TN (promise of a request portion of the show on a future tour, with a full description of how that might be set up)

San Francisco (Fillmore!) and Asheville (The Peel!) may have been the best shows acoustic- and performance-wise. but there were no special encores, and while audience and interactions were great, they were probably not my personal favorites if i have to choose.

Columbus audience interaction was superb - the audience there was on fire and LB was feeding off of it. he also did Rock Away Blind as additional encore there.

and then there was the second night in Chicago. interaction with the audience that whole night was great, but reached a climax during encores, when we got 2 requests, one of them being a verse of never before performed Walk A Thin Line. so this would probably be my personal favorite of the shows i saw.

on a more personal note, although nobody would probably put the Bijou / Knoxville show on the top of this list, i have to give it a mention because of tons of bantering and personal interaction with LB throughout that whole show (Lindsfan usually characterizes this as the embarrassing moments of elle continually picking a fight with LB during his show). either way, it was a thrill and i enjoyed it immensely, even if we couldn't get him to do Gone Too Far, or Underground, not even Rodeo.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ok, let's see whether i can follow redtulip's example of pointing out certain moments that stand out for some of the shows i saw:

Sacramento CA
San Francisco CA (the fillmore! great performance, great venue, tons of crowd interaction)
Redding CA
Wilmington DE (Abbi and i with a little help from our friends (Eugene!) got LB to perform Rock Away Blind, only the second time on this tour!)
Baltimore MD
Pittsburgh PA
Columbus OH (probably the best audience i've seen on this tour, great interactions, Rock Away Blind!)
Chicago IL
Chicago IL (Walk a Thin Line! Rock Away Blind! enough said )
Green Bay WI
Lake Supierior WI (the tent show! it was another great performance, LB was on fire yet again)
Asheville NC (great acoustics, great performance but the moat . snippet of Rodeo!)
Knoxville TN (promise of a request portion of the show on a future tour, with a full description of how that might be set up)

San Francisco (Fillmore!) and Asheville (The Peel!) may have been the best shows acoustic- and performance-wise. but there were no special encores, and while audience and interactions were great, they were probably not my personal favorites if i have to choose.

Columbus audience interaction was superb - the audience there was on fire and LB was feeding off of it. he also did Rock Away Blind as additional encore there.

and then there was the second night in Chicago. interaction with the audience that whole night was great, but reached a climax during encores, when we got 2 requests, one of them being a verse of never before performed Walk A Thin Line. so this would probably be my personal favorite of the shows i saw.

on a more personal note, although nobody would probably put the Bijou / Knoxville show on the top of this list, i have to give it a mention because of tons of bantering and personal interaction with LB throughout that whole show (Lindsfan usually characterizes this as the embarrassing moments of elle continually picking a fight with LB during his show). either way, it was a thrill and i enjoyed it immensely, even if we couldn't get him to do Gone Too Far, or Underground, not even Rodeo.
Love it!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Unfortunatly....my funds went to seeing Stevie 1/2 show with R Stewart and Madonna in New Orleans....
was that the show where she did New Orleans? at least you didn't see any old RS-money-grabbing show, but something special!

Quote:
I would have killed to see him in New Orleans at the intimate venue he played! Fingers crossed for next time!

yeah i've seen some really great reviews of that show and venue and the photos looked great. it was GA too if i remember correctly, someone took a photo of a line wrapped around the venue. although i think there may have been some problems with venue doors opening too late or something, considering how long the line was?

i'm normally a fan of mostly electric and rocking songs too, but like others have said, he did several songs electrically during the show, plus the whole show was much more intense than his regular acoustic part of the show during 2011 tour. what can you do, hopefully there will be another chance in 2014.