Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
And - she almost did didn't she?

Maybe Lohan is living the live of La Nicks instead of acting it on screen.
That's good. She can't play the part...so she'll live it.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
If OK Magazine's upcoming cover story (in which Britney cooperated) is to be believed, Britney's breaking point hasn't really ended. No, this could be more her Whitney Houston on Diane Sawyer moment.
I know people who have seen it and it is horrifying. She is incoherent at one point and her eyes roll in the back of her head. My friend compared it to the David H. drunk hamburger video, though not as bad.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, yes and yes. Your post proves you to be an empathetic, insightful person.
i may have been some places and done and seen some things. i won't go so far as to incriminate myself on a board, for people to throw in my face later, though. :P

while there are people on this planet that i do not like, i can't bring myself to throw around judgement as easily as some others do. it bothers me, really... people make mistakes; some people make the same mistakes over and over before they can snap out of it. that doesn't make them scum or any less valuable than any one else. to be honest, i'd rather sit with a room full of junkies than a room full of people talking **** about something they know nothing about. a lifestyle flaw is more easily repaired than a character flaw, i think.

and lol, your use of quote made me notice a typo that i made. "affections" should have been "affects". oops.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
sadly a little planning would prevent a lot of heartache. it's not as if she goes out not knowing she's going to drink/get high
Exactly. It appears that she relapsed yesterday. From personal experience I can tell you that you don't wake up in the morning and go "Well, I'm going to out and drink and use today and get arrested." Who knows what triggered it? That's the thing with addiction. It creeps up on you. Just when you think you've got it all handled and under control is when you have to be most careful. Her short time of sobriety and being fresh out of rehab made her a statistically huge risk for recidivism. The most frustrating thing about the disease is that every single case is different. Some people get it on the first go round when they hit rock bottom and for others it takes many, many attempts before they can become successful at managing the disease. There is no cure for the disease, it can only be managed.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
On edit - apparently, she is not going back to Promises, which I submit is rather a joke of a rehab facility. Hopefully, she will get some tough love at the new place and it will work.
Hopefully she's going to someplace like Hazelden. It would take her out of Hollywood and put her in a more structured environment. It's a complete 360 from Promises (not that I'm saying Promises has a bad program).
Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
The drugs & booze didn't force her to get behind the wheel.
Actually, I'd bet money that's exactly what drove her to act in such a foolish and irresponsible manner.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
She also said ~Take your silver spoon and dig your grave~. What's your point?
I was responding to your statement "My kingdom for her problems." I am refuting that by saying you wouldn't even want to know what's it's like to be her right now.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am refuting that by saying you wouldn't even want to know what's it's like to be her right now.
No one knows until they've been there (here).

Holy crap, I can't even begin to imagine having the problem in PUBLIC.. in the media.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She really has a problem. I feel for her. She's been thrown into this huge circus like atmosphere at a very young age with way too much money and freedom. She's too young to handle it. She really has no guidance in that her parents are far from her. Plus it would seem with her father's admitted history that it runs in the family.
Precisely. Sadly, most child stars end up on a path of destruction. The money, the access to whatever they want, the ability to go wherever they want.... a very adult lifestyle for a teenager, and they lack the maturity to cope. In Lohan's case, heredity is also working against her.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hopefully she's going to someplace like Hazelden. It would take her out of Hollywood and put her in a more structured environment. It's a complete 360 from Promises (not that I'm saying Promises has a bad program).
judging by perez, it seems as though she's on her way to the betty. she should have gone out of state -- far far out of state.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
judging by perez, it seems as though she's on her way to the betty. she should have gone out of state -- far far out of state.
ITA - - like Montana or somewhere.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And - she almost did didn't she?

Maybe Lohan is living the live of La Nicks instead of acting it on screen.
That's exactly what I was getting at. Fame and money look all pretty and great but for some people it can also be devastating. I had to get away from it after only a few years time and I was only on the periphery of it. Not to mention I was completely sober at the time and was horrified at how dysfunctional, incestuous and sordid the whole thing could be. It was very ugly and it took me a while before I could look at it in a way in which I could enjoy it again.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was responding to your statement "My kingdom for her problems." I am refuting that by saying you wouldn't even want to know what's it's like to be her right now.
got it.

I also think she should come to the Hazelden campus here. They have a fantastic program. Also, it's nestled between Center City and Lindstrom; the latter having a water tower in the shape of a teapot. That's about as far from the Hollywood scene as one could get, don't you think?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ahhh. The pwnage just keeps on coming.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
not to change the subject but i just noticed your sig -- i saw john mayer the other night and he was nothing short of amazing -- belief was out of this world good
He really is talented isn't he? Now why the hell was he running around with Jessica Simpson? Anyway, I was watching this program on tv, Live From Abbey Road Studios or something like that and they went in and did Belief live in that same studio where The Beatles recorded so many of their songs. I heard it and was completely blown away. And I happen to think that verse is some really fine writing on his part.