The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sonic Rocks! And how can you resist a drive-in? I'm also a huge fan of Pizza Hut--hmmm. . . pizza. . . . .
Old 02-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
K F C

is the one and only fast food I make a point of indulging in, other than the occassional Dominos pizza.

Mmmm... KFC.

PS: Dissention
http://www.kfccruelty.com

I doubt you'll want your precious KFC after browsing that site, bucko.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
http://www.kfccruelty.com

I doubt you'll want your precious KFC after browsing that site, bucko.

Actually. That just kinda made me want to eat chicken. Mmm.. chicken. I like mine grilled. With lots of lettuce on it.

Either way, they're gonna die and be eaten. Cuz no matter how much PETA bitches, people are still gonna eat chicken. That's the truth, no matter how heinous it sounds.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah
Actually. That just kinda made me want to eat chicken. Mmm.. chicken. I like mine grilled. With lots of lettuce on it.

Either way, they're gonna die and be eaten. Cuz no matter how much PETA bitches, people are still gonna eat chicken. That's the truth, no matter how heinous it sounds.
You seemed to have missed the point. It's acknowledged that people are still going to eat chicken no matter what, but why does KFC have to be so cruel and sick towards their chicken? They pump them so full of drugs that they grow deformed, they breed them in their own feces, they boil them in water to kill them, they cut off their beaks, they break their legs at birth; it's horrendous.

PETA simply advocates more humane treatment.

Try to get a grasp of the abuse before you bitch about PETA "bitching." And if that made you want chicken...

Old 02-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Burger King and KFC!!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Pip...

I just wanted to say that since I'm a junk food junkie, I ate at McDonalds, Burger King and KFC lots in London. LOL

Lemme just say that the chicken is WAAAAAYYYYYYY better in England. I had a chicken sandwich at Burger King and it was REALLY good, it SUCKS here in the States. Also, the chicken at KFC was really great too. Although you don't have potato wedges like we do here.

BUT, I prefer McDonalds here. It wasn't bad, it just tastes different a lil bit.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite fast food

Generally, I really hate fast food. But I like a chain called Baja Fresh.

I can also stomach the chicken fajita pita at Jackass in the Box.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To all those who eat from KFC, I heartily urge you to check out http://www.kfccruelty.com . Please don't support animal cruelty and please send either an email to KFC telling them that the abuse has to stop, or sign the petition to help put an end to it.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually knew someone whose job was a chicken debeaker in Kentucky!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I actually knew someone whose job was a chicken debeaker in Kentucky!!!!!
Poor schlub.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favs are Subway, Mickey D's and Sonic. But I am partial to sonic. I am from Shawnee, OK and we had the very first Sonic ever!

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 02-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sonic?

I've never heard of Sonic. what kind of fast food is it?

Carol
Old 02-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems kinda like sonic is kinda like a south and parts of the west coast thing.

It's "america's drive in".. the girls used to roller skate out, but i guess insurance was an issue or something. Hot dogs "coneys" (Eww), hamburgers, tater tots, etc. They have good ice cream, floats, sundaes, and all that.

And I'm not a moron.. I know what the KFC website was about. But I'm still saying what the hell's the point when they're being raised to be killed. They're going to die, period. Heck, I think I'd rather live a crappy life just to die than to get used to the good days and get my top knocked off. It's almost like why do they bother sterilizing the lethal injection needle? (Yes, for those administering the shot.. but still.) mmm.. chicken strips and potato wedges. You're dead on, Christy.. those wedges are great. I hope they don't abuse the potatoes. I heard they pull their eyes out.. I hope it's not true.

Oh. EDIT.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way. I'm just making light of the situation.. as I see it. Just so you know, Dissension, I don't by any means think animal cruelty is OK. I think it's important to be concerned about what really goes down.. but I think several things are highly exaggerated. Maybe, maybe not.. you know. So I'm not picking on you for having a stance.. I just find that site ridiculous - not in the information contained, but the way they go about getting their message across.

The truth is this: PETA has seriously lost track of the real issues at hand. I was a member of the organization for 2 years. I can no longer agree with their methods. Harassing people is NOT right.. no group should condone tarring and feathering anyone for ANY reason. Paying thousands and thousands for the defense of a madman who BLEW UP a laboratory because of animal testing - injuring humans - is not right; not a bit more than testing on the animals is. Standard operating procedure with the group is search and destroy: find someone eating a certain thing or using a certain product and guilt trip them.. or tease them.. or harass them.. until they stop. It's not right, and human beings have rights too. I may not like it that someone supports an industry that might not be completely ethical.. but it's their perogative. The most I can do is talk to them like a decent human being.. point out things in a straight up way. Not intimidate the hell out of them and make them feel like a jerk for doing what they do. They might not even know.

I feel more productive helping out my local humane society and foster networks than I ever did with PETA. (Not just for domestic animals, of course.) They need to learn a bit about communication as a tool. Sitting around bitching about Johnson & Johnson and boycotting fast food joints didn't do a thing, and I'm sorry I wasted time and money supporting that group.

If PETA wants things to change for the animals, they need to promote their values in a more peaceful.. less fanatical way. Many people find the organization to be so outrageous that.. well.. they forget the group is supposed to be about taking care of the animals. The only know the shock value of the protesters and other cronies.

That's just how I feel about it. So I had to tease a little. (Hah. Potato eyes. Get it. Hah.) I still find red meat and pork products to be absolutely hideous.. but I've come out of my vegan stage and have been eating some dairy products.. primarily cheese.. and occasional poultry to appease the family.. for the past year or so. I am responsible for the slaughter of millions of potatoes though, I have to admit. God, I love anything that used to be a potato. And those potato wedges really are nice.

Last edited by Sarah; 02-10-2004 at 02:49 PM..
Old 02-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I supported PETA at one time too, but they got a little too radical and out there for me too.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorites are Arby's and Subway. Arby's has great curly fries. And I always make these great, elaborate sandwiches at Subway. McDonalds, Wendy's and Burger King are good at first, but they give me diarhea (sp?) afterwards... Sorry for being blatant, though, .