User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
But some people choose to believe it because it's easier than, let's say, face the fact that what Stevie did last year brought some nasty consequences. For everybody, except her.
Although her four children might disagree, I'd say it's the nastiest thing $he's ever done.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Okay, then, a genetic predisposition to heart disease. Still, that’s a pretty heavy piss over semantics, even by your standards.
Sorry, I can't let this go... a genetic heart condition is absolutely not the same thing as a predisposition to heart disease. They're not even in the same ballpark, so to call it a quibble over "semantics" is wrong and dishonest. I know, I have it in my family.

Alright, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see whether you guys can play this - it's a video by someone who went yesterday and was nice to share in our FB group - it's Mick's speech at the end of the show. in case anyone's interested.

https://www.facebook.com/APerfectLie...2532214650451/
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it played fine.

what he said was fine, if a bit perfunctory.

Shame the rest of the band didn't stick around onstage whilst he said it. Cold. (to me anyway).

Good on Neil for at least having the class to say something *during* the show.

I'm sure Stevie and her people don't want her anywhere near any mention of him because they want to protect her from any negative questions or boos or whatever. Can't upset the Queen. Remember, from the earliest days of the band, the band members can never be blamed for ANYTHING even when they deserve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Good of Neil to say something. I'm sure he felt compelled since he's singing Lindsey's songs this tour; it's the only decent thing to do. Good on him. (I've felt that Mike and Neil both are innocent bystanders of this drama and not to blame for this crap, and now I have added respect for Neil. Glad he spoke up.)

Mick saying something at the end after half the crowd was gone?.... not surprising. It's absolutely on brand for him... wishy washy, half-hearted attempt to save some face, gets to check off a box for "mentioning Lindsey at the show" without having to face the full crowd's reaction... all right on brand.
Quote:
respect to Neil for saying the right thing at the right time and obviously being a decent guy. i'm happy he did that and good for him. and it just makes the stark contrast and puts in perspective the other 4.

i think what Mick said was sincere and ok. he should have said much more, and he should have said it at the point in the show when most of the people weren't already on their way out. but what he did say was ok.

Christine and Stevie - no comment.

John never says anything.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The ironic thing is that Neil and Lindsey would likely be friends and musical collaborators if circumstances had been different. Both are musical geniuses who value creativity and family.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
The ironic thing is that Neil and Lindsey would likely be friends and musical collaborators if circumstances had been different. Both are musical geniuses who value creativity and family.
agree. you never know, maybe they will be.

as his dedication shows too, i have to believe Neil couldn't have dreamed of the clusterf*ck he was stepping into.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who will Stevie target next?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My takeaway is don't look a gift goat in the mouth. He mocked the best thing that ever happened to him and she cast spells upon him. Am I getting this right?
Old 02-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
My takeaway is don't look a gift goat in the mouth. He mocked the best thing that ever happened to him and she cast spells upon him. Am I getting this right?
I believe that you are spot on. Congrats.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I warned you guys about this years ago and you never listened.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This board is getting crazy lately. Thank goodness I feel the same as Lindsey's wife and she is on the record. Maybe I will be flamed less.
WTF
So many comments demanding Fleetwood mac change their set list since Lindsey's health issue. So many demanding public statements from band members while on stage. So many diagnosing Lindsey from afar. Maybe some people are bored and just want to stir up drama over and over on the board or with each other. Why would this band do any of these things?
Rock groups can have some silly firings. When Van Halen fired Sammy Hagar it was because Sammy sided with Michael Anthony. How dare he side with someone against the brothers Van Halen. Fleetwood mac did not fire Lindsey over a family dispute. It was because one member did not like his look or the way he danced behind her at an awards show. To make it worse she blackmailed the band.....its him or me. Seeing their 10 million dollars disappear in front of them, they threw their vocalist and guitarist to the curb not caring about their legacy or what's wrong or what's right. Even worse, no band member including Christine would even return an email or phone call to Lindsey. The character and soul of this band is corrupt. We saw them not even want to give Bob Welch a moment with them at the Rock N Roll hall of fame.

So why are some of you acting so crazy in thinking they need to say something from the stage or change their setlist? OMG, they fired Lindsey but perform his songs on stage? No band would ever dare to do something so vulgar. I was repulsed at Mick's statement. There were some that mentioned..."it seemed from the heart." Are you f*cking kidding me? What's wrong with some of you? Thank you Kristen for saying what I have been thinking and saying the entire time. Mixed feelings? Bullsh*t! She was trying to be nice with saying that. Its beyond words they would dare say anything about him. They cut him off for 10 million greedy dollars. Any one of them could have stopped it. They pushed him off the ship with no life preserver and ignored him for money. Its so wrong to send messages from the band to Lindsey's wife for approval or disapproval. Fleetwood Mac members are horrible people. Stop it. I get exactly what Kristen feels.

Lets get beyond this. Lindsey got paid for a tour he did not participate on. Good for him. Lindsey completed a very successful and long solo tour. Good for him. Lindsey is recording new music. Good for him. Lindsey will recover and we all love him so much. Good for him.

And finally. Lindsey is no longer a member of Fleetwood mac. Good for him!
After a forest fire there is not much life, but after the fire new life begins and it starts to flourish. The Mac is Lindsey's past. I don't recognize the cover band the Mac is today. Its time to move on.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-12-2019 at 06:20 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thank you Kristen for saying what I have been thinking and saying the entire time. Mixed feelings? Bullsh*t! She was trying to be nice with saying that. Its beyond words they would dare say anything about him. They cut him off for 10 million greedy dollars. Any one of them could have stopped it. They pushed him off the ship with no life preserver and ignored him for money. Its so wrong to send messages from the band to Lindsey's wife for approval or disapproval. Fleetwood Mac members are horrible people. Stop it. I get exactly what Kristen feels.
i think you are interpreting Kristen's tweets the way that may or may not necessarily be the way she meant. i can see at least 3-4 different meanings to that tweet, and none of them are in line with your interpretations. so i wouldn't go overboard insisting on being right.

i have no idea what you mean by sending "messages from the band to Lindsey's wife for approval or disapproval." i didn't see anyone doing that.

there's more from KB, hugely gracious:

Last edited by elle; 02-12-2019 at 08:14 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Good lort, $he really is dumber than a bag of hammers.
Her post wasn't referring to Stevie.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Amen. 20 ish years ago, $he had some psycho named B*ll Gamels*n(I'm always discreet enough to not get sued, lol), that was a major stalker for her old goatness. I only remember because I saved a pic of him skydiving with a license plate with her name on it. I believe they had to get a restraining order against him.
FWIW, he's still around and not acting much differently.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
FWIW, he's still around and not acting much differently.
Yes he went to jail in January over the threats he made to Stevie & her family.
So currently another restraining order has been placed on him. A day before their Phoenix show the venue was warned by a fellow Aussie & also the band after i contacted Denis Dunstan he lives down the road from me.
Yep BG is a real nutcase!!
Old 02-13-2019, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Yes he went to jail in the screensaverJanuary over the threats he made to Stevie & her family.
So currently another restraining order has been placed on him. A day before their Phoenix show the venue was warned by a fellow Aussie & also the band after i contacted Denis Dunstan he lives down the road from me.
Yep BG is a real nutcase!!
He was long forgotten in my mind, but I recently got a new computer, and loaded all those old pics, and set them as my "slide show" screen saver. Stupid ledge pics I hadn't thought of for years.