The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1248860]this makes it sound like it was a rash, spur of the moment, spontaneous thing. it was not. and if it were, others should have talked her off the cliff.

I had previously answered this post. Don't know where it went. Anyhow, it may have not been a rash decision but it was made from emotion. The others should have intervened and not given in to her. They're all to blame for this mess. Christine included!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:45 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have tacked the conspiracy on to my post about his surgery. Bad form. But like you said, there are a ton of conspiracies on here as well as speculation on why he had this event at this time.
Food for thought maybe; years ago I was pregnant with my 3rd baby and was also going to college (did everything backwards). I had a PE class called "fit for life" that was taught by a former marine. Super ripped, vegetarian (it was the early 80's) and he talked about how he lost both parents to heart disease and that's why he took such good care of himself. He'd berate me for the amount of weight I'd gained and make me walk the outside track with other "heavy people" while he trained the rest of the class inside the gym. About 3 weeks into the class, I was walking back to the gym after waddling around the track and out comes a student with blood all over his face, screaming for help. Apparently the teacher had suffered a fatal heart attack in the gym in front of the class and this kid tried to give him CPR, but because the guy fell forward, he broke his nose and was bleeding all over. I lived in California at the time and we all had to get counseling for it.
My point is that when you have heart disease in your family, more than likely you are a ticking time bomb. No one can say if stress played a part, or if it would have happened anyway. I'm just very happy he made it to the hospital in time.
If you have stuff that runs in your family, especially diseases that cause early death, go get checked out and be very thorough in what you tell the Doc (not all the people who ask a ton of questions before the Doc comes in.)
Sorry for the book.
Heredity does seem to play a huge part! The former marine did everything he could to prevent an early death but still his clean living didn't prevent it. I'm currently grappling with high blood pressure issues. My dad died at 66 from a stroke. So I'm worried. I'm 55 and I've never taken care of myself. Looks like I'm going to have to start. My dr's appointment is set for Wednesday.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
Heredity does seem to play a huge part! The former marine did everything he could to prevent an early death but still his clean living didn't prevent it. I'm currently grappling with high blood pressure issues. My dad died at 66 from a stroke. So I'm worried. I'm 55 and I've never taken care of myself. Looks like I'm going to have to start. My dr's appointment is set for Wednesday.
Best wishes for you at your appt! Some people live their whole lives with very high blood pressure and never have an issue. The body is amazing.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Best wishes for you at your appt!
Thanks!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What amuses me is the exchanges we’ve had over the years. Lindsey told Stevie she looked like a Vegas act taking her mic off the stand and that was the cruelest thing in the world and traumatized her to an extent she never takes the mic off the stand in this life or the next.

So to me, Lindsey comparing her to Sammy Davis, Jr. is nbd, But her fans say, “Oh, it’s the WAY he talked about her mic stand. He pushes her buttons. It’s DEVASTATING.”

Cut to her throwing him out of the band he has given his life to for 40 years, in the coldest, most calculating way possible and her fans are, “why should that have caused him stress???”

Last edited by michelej1; 02-12-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What amuses me is the exchanges we’ve had over the years. Lindsey told Stevie she looked like a Vegas act taking her mic off the stand and that was the cruelest thing in the world and traumatized her to an extent she never takes the mic off the stand in this life or the next.

So to me, Lindsey omparing her tonSammy Davis, Jr. is nbd, But her fans say, “Oh, it’s the WAY he talked about her mic stand. He pushes her buttons. It’s DEVASTATING.”

Cut to her throwing him out of the band he has given his life to for 40 years in the coldest, most calculating way possible and her fans are, “why should that have caused him stress???
right????

and stress?? since when does stress contribute to heart attacks? especially in people who are already predisposed? completely ridiculous! never heard of that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right????

and stress?? since when does stress contribute to heart attacks? especially in people who are already predisposed? completely ridiculous! never heard of that.
Actually, we should be thanking her! Causing him that kind of intense emotional pain and stress undoubtedly saved his life as certainly doing what he loved would have killed him.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Actually, we should be thanking her! Causing him that kind of intense emotional pain and stress undoubtedly saved his life as certainly doing what he loved would have killed him.
Right - some of these people are retarded!!!!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Dude, it's 2019, can you please find a better way to express yourself? This is unacceptable.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't like the use of that term, but that's beside the point. I think that some of the people in question are aware that their arguments are fallacious, but they trot them out anyway.

That would not include those who sincerely hold this belief. At least they're not intellectually dishonest.

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-12-2019 at 05:22 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It hurts my self esteem, it hurts my everything
I am reeling... oh, it hurts my feelings
Old 02-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I don't like the use of that term, but that's beside the point. I think that some of the people in question are aware that their arguments are fallacious, but they trot them out anyway.

That would not include those who sincerely hold this belief. At least they're not intellectually dishonest.
I don't know who you're talking about specifically, but to clarify my speculative position, I think he had tremendous stress over being fired, etc., but there's no way any of us can know if he would have had this happen anyway or not.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know who you're talking about specifically, but to clarify my speculative position, I think he had tremendous stress over being fired, etc., but there's no way any of us can know if he would have had this happen anyway or not.
Same way we will never know if this could have happened while touring with the band or not.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It hurts my self esteem, it hurts my everything
I am reeling... oh, it hurts my feelings
just how much he never really told her
about how difficult it had been to be without her
Old 02-13-2019, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Same way we will never know if this could have happened while touring with the band or not.
yup.

they can do another experiment to see what their putting out new music might do to him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"