User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Thanks for understanding and leaving the forum. That only leaves four narcissistic Lindsey Ledgers. Good luck and hopefully you will find another forum for your venomous and misguided hatred. 😄

You really are something else. The idea I could be one of your five people is really quite perplexing.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You really are something else. The idea I could be one of your five people is really quite perplexing.
I was taken aback as well. You have no "expletive-laden posts" and don't go around attacking people left and right.

If you are one of the five, I'm afraid I cannot take the list very seriously.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really?

I just did a quick search and found this gem (below) that you wrote where you called Mick Fleetwood a "whore."

You calling a member of Fleetwood Mac a "whore" is a perfect example of the heinous behavior going on here. Did you post that?

===============================

Noun:
1.2 A person who is regarded as willing to do anything to get a particular thing.
‘he's a shameless publicity whore’
‘you come across as a complete attention whore’

Verb:
1.2 Debase oneself by doing something for unworthy motives, typically to make money.
‘he had never whored after money’

I'd say both terms fairly apply to MF.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really?

I just did a quick search and found this gem (below) that you wrote where you called Mick Fleetwood a "whore."

You calling a member of Fleetwood Mac a "whore" is a perfect example of the heinous behavior going on here. Did you post that?

===============================

Noun:
1.2 A person who is regarded as willing to do anything to get a particular thing.
‘he's a shameless publicity whore’
‘you come across as a complete attention whore’

Verb:
1.2 Debase oneself by doing something for unworthy motives, typically to make money.
‘he had never whored after money’

I'd say both terms fairly apply to MF.

I stand by my post.
Edit: PS- is that it? FFS!!!!

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stand by my post.
Edit: PS- is that it? FFS!!!!
I guess that says it all about this forum. You call a member of the band a "whore" and somehow that's ok. Really, really disturbing.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess that says it all about this forum. You call a member of the band a "whore" and somehow that's ok. Really, really disturbing.

I read plenty of disturbing things on here. There's a lot I don't agree with and there have been times when I've called people out on there behaviour. But that aint disturbing. Man up!

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-18-2018, 03:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Yes. You are the five self-absorbed supposed Fleetwood Mac fans who enjoy spreading your victim-laced, "grief-laded" emotional pain on those who dare to cross your path. The truth is you're not true Fleetwood Mac fans. You're Lindsey fans masquerading as Mac fans. And you're cowards afraid of admitting what you're about and preferring to simply attack those who challenge your world view. In the real world, we call these people insecure bullies. On this forum, they're the Five Narcissistic Fireflies of Lindsey's Ledge.
And you're calling other members here self-absorbed narcissists. Find me someone else here doing that, before you get on your high horse.

Maybe try to limit your posts here to maybe 5 a day? Would definitely go a long way to solving the problem.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
haha love you! and EXACTLY what i said when i first shared couple of articles about this. of course i did it in post-rumours forum where such articles belong and i got tongue-lashing by some oh-so-positive Nicks worshipper claiming i'm just there to stir trouble and telling me to go away. because, you know i'm the negative one.
I am glad you finally admit it. It was just so nice and positive of you to point this out. Even if the ego maniac was there, they would still be playing before all these acts. Stop acting innocent because you are NOT! And everyone here knows it.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I was taken aback as well. You have no "expletive-laden posts" and don't go around attacking people left and right.

Well, "whore" certainly qualifies as an expletive. That point is only debated on this forum. Most in the civilized world consider "whore" very much of an expletive. Here is a BBC article that lists "whore" as a universally accepted expletive.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...ound-the-world
Old 06-18-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You seem to be unaware of what's going on here. Tons of people have messaged me that they have left this forum (or simply never post) because of the hate-filled rhetoric aimed at Stevie, Mick, and members of the forum. I see it for what it is: childlike, gutless bullying where facts hold little value and spewing one's "grief" reigns supreme.
I'm well aware of what's going on. People leaving because they no longer like what's being said by some is THEIR own choice. They're not being personally affected or attacked by other users. They just don't like it anymore so they choose to leave (and that's their right, I've even said that there are many other places to discuss FM for those who don't like it here anymore) but there's no need to make them into martyrs for it. You haven't been posting on this place for very long at all and I'm assuming that you haven't been reading it for long either because if you have you'd know that Stevie and Mick are far, FAR from the only band members who have been criticized or "bullied" by posters. In fact in the grand scheme of things the most criticized member of the band was probably Lindsey himself. This place is for the purpose of discussing Fleetwood Mac and criticism of band members is going to come with that. This board has never been a 'Lindsey Ledge' (if anything the closest it's ever been to being mostly about one member is about Stevie) and if you looked through old threads you'd see that. And yet most Lindsey fans and no one really left the site because of it. It's only recently that there's been heavy criticism of Stevie and Mick and deservedly so giving the shocking turn of events in the band. Half the people you've accused of being Lindsey fans 'masquerading' are actually quite far from that. And yes there have been many childish posts but if you focus on those posts only you miss out on some very legitimate criticism and compelling discussion. And frankly your repetitive posts calling the board a Lindsey Ledge over and over again and insisting that everyone is just a Lindsey fan in disguise hellbent on making Stevie and Mick into evil villains are just as childish and close-minded.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, "whore" certainly qualifies as an expletive. That point is only debated on this forum. Most in the civilized world consider "whore" very much of an expletive. Here is a BBC article that lists "whore" as a universally accepted expletive.

I quoted an English dictionary definition. Please re-read said definitions and then tell me they don't apply to MF. Man up.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fuzzy Plum was insulting Mick Fleetwood, true. I can understand why you would be unhappy with that.

However, he was not using "whore" in its sexualized sense, as you can see from the definitions which he quoted. Therefore, it is hard to understand the level of offense you are taking.

As a communications teacher, surely you understand the difference between the figurative use of whore and its literal use. One is considered more socially acceptable than the other, at least in the United States. I realize you are not American, so it might a be a cultural difference.

Again, it is not nice to insult people, so no argument there.

However, at least in America, calling someone a "publicity whore" or "attention whore" is not considered "really, really disturbing" by most.

Perhaps this will help you understand why many do not consider Fuzzy Plum to be a vulgar poster, especially since this is apparently the only example of strong language we have.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fuzzy Plum was insulting Mick Fleetwood, true. I can understand why you would be unhappy with that.

However, he was not using "whore" in its sexualized sense, as you can see from the definitions which he quoted. Therefore, it is hard to understand the level of offense you are taking.

As a communications teacher, surely you understand the difference between the figurative use of whore and its literal use. One is considered more socially acceptable than the other, at least in the United States. I realize you are not American, so it might a be a cultural difference.

Again, it is not nice to insult people, so no argument there.

However, at least in America, calling someone a "publicity whore" or "attention whore" is not considered "really, really disturbing" by most.

Perhaps this will help you understand why many do not consider Fuzzy Plum to be a vulgar poster, especially since this is apparently the only example of strong language we have.

Much appreciated

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Attention-whore comes to mind. It's used very often, in literature even. Money-whore is on a par with it. It's lending oneself to silly or maybe even unsavory practices to get what one wants. How that's offensive to you I simply do not grasp. How it is so unphatomable to you to see the word used in context with MF's practices over the years, I also do not grasp.
Be that as it may, I also have a strong sense of deja vu, I wrote a post to this effect days ago-- or was it weeks, life flies by, and am not sure why we are revisiting this old debate.

If the word whore offends you I am not surprised you are on this forum with us and not elsewhere on the interwebs, as this place is very tame and polite compared to it!

Just wish you'd let us be more though. Please? With a cherry on top? Go to the Stevie and mick and finn forums?

Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Agree 100%.... I don't recall any of your comments FuzzyPlum being remotely offensive, troll like or even lacking in fact or intelligence.
Sugar Mouse, I fail to understand how you have drawn up this unfair group of 5?!