User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
That's probably the best conspiracy theory I've ever read.
I like the one about Kristen (sp?) being an actress and Stevie being Lindsey's real wife and the mother of his children. But... ya never know.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Wow, that really is interesting with the Black Ledge though. To think that things would get that bad over the internet. Sheesh!
I started that all. It wasn't that big of a deal. There've been 10,000 big fights here since the beginning up to just a few months ago, & the other fan gathering holes have thousands of fights, too.

Quote:
And welcome back to all those who are here now! I'm Rhiya by the way.
Hi, Rhiya!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I started that all. It wasn't that big of a deal. There've been 10,000 big fights here since the beginning up to just a few months ago, & the other fan gathering holes have thousands of fights, too.

Hi, Rhiya!
Tsk, tsk now. LOL, take no offense to that. I'm really just pretending I know what I'm talking about.

:P I don't think 10,000+ posts is new. I've talked to you before, silly! But... Hi David!!!

we run away♥
Old 01-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this is on a side note....from things way back in the day
I also remember Maureen Loftus(sp?) and James from Yonkers NY (can't remember the last name) who I believe had the master tapes for the nashville 77 and "day on the green '77" (actually kansas city right?) soundboard tapes and released them on CD (25.00 or 35.00 for their CDR with artwork at the time)

I just remember maureen had this huge as list and charged like 15.00, if not more for a 2 CASSETTE recording!!! lol. She would post these huge press release type posts on usernet advertising the upcoming release of Nashville 77, Baton Rouge 78, and the Mirage outtakes. All of which always had pristine crystal clear sound...Ha Ha HA.

Maureen and James always seemed to work together but I don't remember if they were related. I would imagine they made a good chunk of change off of that circle of fans for a few years. They were a little shady.

Plus to add to the "mystique" of bootleg fandom...there were rumours that complete unheard soundboard tapes for more tusk and rumours shows existed in their hands, including those that were hauled off to australia by some guy who refused to share them (dave you would know his name)...
I suppose we will never know exactly what they actually had but never shared. I think a lot of it was BS...but I think the australia source was legit. David would know the full scoop and its probably already been hashed over a million times by now.

I still wonder what in the heck happened to them...they both vanished sometime around 2001 or after.

I think the last time I ever saw any evidence of them dates back to early 2001 before TISL was finished or released, around the time of the dallas austin sessions. One of them bragged to me about having the complete album in their hands as an early release and hinted to all these BS track titles.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Tsk, tsk now. LOL, take no offense to that. I'm really just pretending I know what I'm talking about.

:P I don't think 10,000+ posts is new. I've talked to you before, silly! But... Hi David!!!
Rhiya, you know what they say ... What's the most fun you can have with your boots on?

THE LEDGE!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rhiya, you know what they say ... What's the most fun you can have with your boots on?

THE LEDGE!!

That's so very true! How did I never think of that!?

David: 1
Rhiya: 0

I'll catch you yet...

we run away♥
Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
this is on a side note....from things way back in the day
I also remember Maureen Loftus(sp?) and James from Yonkers NY (can't remember the last name) who I believe had the master tapes for the nashville 77 and "day on the green '77" (actually kansas city right?) soundboard tapes and released them on CD (25.00 or 35.00 for their CDR with artwork at the time)

I just remember maureen had this huge as list and charged like 15.00, if not more for a 2 CASSETTE recording!!! lol. She would post these huge press release type posts on usernet advertising the upcoming release of Nashville 77, Baton Rouge 78, and the Mirage outtakes. All of which always had pristine crystal clear sound...Ha Ha HA.

Maureen and James always seemed to work together but I don't remember if they were related. I would imagine they made a good chunk of change off of that circle of fans for a few years. They were a little shady.

Plus to add to the "mystique" of bootleg fandom...there were rumours that complete unheard soundboard tapes for more tusk and rumours shows existed in their hands, including those that were hauled off to australia by some guy who refused to share them (dave you would know his name)...
I suppose we will never know exactly what they actually had but never shared. I think a lot of it was BS...but I think the australia source was legit. David would know the full scoop and its probably already been hashed over a million times by now.

I still wonder what in the heck happened to them...they both vanished sometime around 2001 or after.

I think the last time I ever saw any evidence of them dates back to early 2001 before TISL was finished or released, around the time of the dallas austin sessions. One of them bragged to me about having the complete album in their hands as an early release and hinted to all these BS track titles.
You want to hear a story about Nashville, and those other soundboards? I know alot of you know who Frank Harding is. He's the Australia guy youre talking about. Well, in the late 90's he lived here in the Minneapolis area for about 4 years. My friend and I got to know him through an an in goldmine and we became fairly good friends. One day when I went over Frank's and he gave my 2 big boxes of tapes. THey were a mix of a bunch of stuff, but what he told me was that there were a bunch of Fleetwood Mac soundboards that Mick had given him from his personal collection. Frank asked if I would mind organizing the tapes. I said sure. He told me I was welcome to make copies of anything I wanted as long as Promised not to sell them for at least 2 years, which I kept. So I made my copies, gave the organized boxes back to Frank, who then eventually provided them to Maureen. But I was the first to have them before enyone else.

Last edited by DavidMn; 01-31-2009 at 04:49 AM..
Old 01-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We have witnessed, in our lifetimes, the death of Usenet! Web scripting & markup languages have conquered it & vanquished it!
Not true at all. Some newsgroups have died, but many have not. Many text and binary newsgroups still flourish. And I think the coolness factor with Usenet is stronger than it has ever been, because access is a little more complex than it used to be when AOL actually had a newsgroups portal.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default laurarox

I still have to come on at least once a week! But I'm married and have two little bozys so I can no longer travel the country following the greatest band ever. But, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see them and my beloved Stevie a dozen or so times. It was the best!
Oh and of course I will be in Cleveland on 4-17. See you guys there!

Janine, Eva, Josh? Out there anywhere?

~Laurastillrox
Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, Laura.
If not for a few of you very nice folks (you, Josh, Lori, hubby and ... ack! I'm blanking on the other's names), I'd still be wandering around the parking lots of Pittsburgh.

Who knew you lurked? Nice to hear about your family. Have you heard from Lori recently?

(This IS old home week)
Old 01-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Hey, Laura.
If not for a few of you very nice folks (you, Josh, Lori, hubby and ... ack! I'm blanking on the other's names), I'd still be wandering around the parking lots of Pittsburgh.

Who knew you lurked? Nice to hear about your family. Have you heard from Lori recently?

(This IS old home week)
Hey Regina!
I remember Lori- from PGH too right? BTW, I am from Pgh originally - you live there?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Hey Regina!
I remember Lori- from PGH too right? BTW, I am from Pgh originally - you live there?
Yes, Lori is from Pittsburgh. I'm from NY (loved the less than 24 hours I stayed in Pittsburgh, though. I thought it was a really nice city).

I had never seen a full Stevie concert and swore to myself that when the TISL tour started, if it was anywhere on the East Coast, I was going.
And 11 hours on a train...and poof! I was there! (And my backside still remembers how painful that was).

Lori and her husband volunteered to drive me from my hotel to the venue after I told them I was taking a cab. Since it was 45 minutes, I think, to the venue (I assume everything is about five minutes away since I don't drive), I was very grateful, to say the least. And she was a lovely, lovely lady. VERY sweet, down to earth and funny. She and her husband threw a tailgating party and opened it up to all Ledgies in the area. Josh was 16, at the time, I believe and his whole family came. Laurarox, Tori, Keith and a couple of other people I'm blanking on at the moment. And we were all in the parking lot when Stevie started her rehearsal and heard the strains of Planets of the Universe before anyone else. We screamed. Not very restrained of us, but...normal, under the circumstances (and, hey, NEW material!)

It was great, but on the way back, when I was supposed to meet them by the concession stand, I realized there were about 6 of them, so I headed toward the parking lot to find them and promptly got lost--for probably close to an hour. I was convinced they would have left without me, but they found me, eventually. The big, bad NYer was scared to death, though! I'm navigationally challenged. Right now, I'd buy a GPS for myself and strap it to some extremity;-)
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't really frequent here until late 2001, but there used to be a small group of us who would be in the chat room that was on here back then and chat every day pretty much. Those were good times...

Matt
Old 02-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
LOL. James Nalbandian.
To be technical, James P. Nalbandian, aka JPN. That was freaky stuff.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
And she was a lovely, lovely lady. VERY sweet, down to earth and funny. She and her husband threw a tailgating party and opened it up to all Ledgies in the area. Josh was 16, at the time, I believe and his whole family came. Laurarox, Tori, Keith and a couple of other people I'm blanking on at the moment.
Lori! I completely concur... what an incredibly sweet, kindhearted woman. Her daughter Aislinn (who loved Fleetwood Mac as a toddler) must be a teenager by now. Wow, time has sure gone by.

Torri! (who I mentioned earlier in this thread) and Keith! I know both still do lurk.

Hey, here's another name for everyone... remember Adrienne?