User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
WOW. What a show. What an entertainer. What a guitarist.
The meet and greet had a good turn out probably around 40 people. Very organized event. It was really a picture opportunity but you could say something. There were probably too many people for questions. They keep the line moving. I am always surprised how much shorter celebrities are when you meet them. Seeing them on stage, video or photos makes them seem larger than life. I shook his hand and posed for 2 pictures. My hands have come in contact with both Stevie and Lindsey now. I suppose I have went full circle Its casual but quick. I hope the photo turns out good. I regret not getting that Buckingham/Nicks '73 T shirt I saw online with tape over the Nicks part for the photo. PLEASE someone do it!

The opening act is J.S. Ondara. He plays acoustic folk music that he states many times is sad music. He was funny with cracking jokes with the crowd. His album is not out yet and I think he did 5 songs. The last song has no music to it at all. He's part Tracey Chapman and part Bob Dylan. I found his songs all sounding very similar. Its fantastic that Lindsey included this guy on his tour to give him an audience and opportunity in the tough music business. However, I would have preferred no opening act and the Lindsey starting at 8 instead of 9.

I was in the front row and right in front of an amplifier. OMG, my ears are still ringing. The concert was not overly loud but when an amplifier is in your face it sure is. Small theaters have low stages so the speakers are at eye level. My ears have not rung from a concert since Motley Crue and AC/DC in the 1980's. Wow, Lindsey gives his ALL! He is soaked with sweat and performs over 20 songs. He never leaves the stage at any time either. His chatter has been reduced since the lawsuit was announced. Fleetwood Mac is never mentioned. He only stated something like "the events over the past year have made him welcome a new beginning that he looks forward to." He also mentioned his solo album is coming out next year and he will be back on the road. A few highlights for me was Go Insane and Slow Dancing. OMG these songs kick ass and rock live. You really have to see these songs live. The online videos don't do them justice. The Knight Concert hall is pretty large. It holds just over 4500 seats. I would say it was 50% full. At least the bottom part was mostly full. The second tier had a few stragglers in the front row and the second tier was completely empty. The side balconies were mostly full. It was a better showing than I was expecting. Its a real treat to see Lindsey in a small theater and up so close. You really get to watch him play which is really something. During the massive Mac shows its hard to see him playing. He gives 110%. When the band took their bows at the end Lindsey pretended to faint and fall over. He was exhausted and no wonder why. Almost everyone in the front row got to strum his guitar (including me) during GYOW. I guess I can cross that off my bucket list. People were shouting out song requests. Someone shouted out "My little demon" and Lindsey just looked over and laughed. Another person shouted out "Monday Morning" and Lindsey said jokingly that it was not a request concert but went on to say that maybe the next tour he can think about doing such a show. 21 songs!! Seriously. He could have done 14 songs and it would have been a full show. Oh the irony that Fleetwood Mac is on tour doing Monday Morning, Second Hand News, and Go Your Own Way while Lindsey is only doing Go Your Own Way. I saw Buckingham/McVie last year. This is my first Lindsey solo concert ever. Stevie Nicks has unintentionally given us amazing treats we could never have imagined. First being a Buck/McVie album and tour. Now and incredible full solo tour of Lindsey's solo career. We got these treats back to back BTW. If I did not have to work tomorrow, I would drive to Melbourne to see the show again before he finally leaves Florida.

Definitely check out this show. Lindsey solo tours are rare. I had high expectations and this show exceeded them. All the music sounds so fresh. Lindsey even commented when he put this package of songs together, he was surprised how fresh and current they sound.
Thanks for this amazing review! And so glad you had such a great time and the show exceeded your expectations.

It is indeed a phenomenal show, and his energy is contagious.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Forgot to mention. I really like the VIP package gifts. The leatherette note book is really cool. Something you can use too. The autographed tour poster is so nice I am going to frame it and hang it on the wall somewhere.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the great review, macfan4life.

It would kill me to be reading such a glowing review while having passed up an opportunity to visit the States to see this tour, so boy am I glad I made the decision to go. Just two more weeks now!

I'm glad you liked the notebook because as far as merchandise goes that one sounded right up my alley. Not sure I'll be able to bring myself to ever write on it though.

Thanks for the practical anecdote about the amps. I'm front row and may have the same problem. I always regret not taking earbuds to concerts and even the cinema if it's an action film (I have the hearing hypersensitivity of Grendel..) so will make sure to bring some to this one just in case.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Thanks for the great review, macfan4life.

It would kill me to be reading such a glowing review while having passed up an opportunity to visit the States to see this tour, so boy am I glad I made the decision to go. Just two more weeks now!

I'm glad you liked the notebook because as far as merchandise goes that one sounded right up my alley. Not sure I'll be able to bring myself to ever write on it though.

Thanks for the practical anecdote about the amps. I'm front row and may have the same problem. I always regret not taking earbuds to concerts and even the cinema if it's an action film (I have the hearing hypersensitivity of Grendel..) so will make sure to bring some to this one just in case.
There are only 2 amps facing the audience on the floor. I just happened to be right in front of it. You have a better chance of not being directly in front of it since it only affects one person on each side of the stage.
You are traveling all the way from Tokyo?
Old 10-29-2018, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The meet and greet had a good turn out probably around 40 people. Very organized event. It was really a picture opportunity but you could say something. There were probably too many people for questions. They keep the line moving. I am always surprised how much shorter celebrities are when you meet them. Seeing them on stage, video or photos makes them seem larger than life. I shook his hand and posed for 2 pictures. My hands have come in contact with both Stevie and Lindsey now. I suppose I have went full circle Its casual but quick. I hope the photo turns out good. I regret not getting that Buckingham/Nicks '73 T shirt I saw online with tape over the Nicks part for the photo. PLEASE someone do it!

The opening act is J.S. Ondara. He plays acoustic folk music that he states many times is sad music. He was funny with cracking jokes with the crowd. His album is not out yet and I think he did 5 songs. The last song has no music to it at all. He's part Tracey Chapman and part Bob Dylan. I found his songs all sounding very similar. Its fantastic that Lindsey included this guy on his tour to give him an audience and opportunity in the tough music business. However, I would have preferred no opening act and the Lindsey starting at 8 instead of 9.

I was in the front row and right in front of an amplifier. OMG, my ears are still ringing. The concert was not overly loud but when an amplifier is in your face it sure is. Small theaters have low stages so the speakers are at eye level. My ears have not rung from a concert since Motley Crue and AC/DC in the 1980's. Wow, Lindsey gives his ALL! He is soaked with sweat and performs over 20 songs. He never leaves the stage at any time either. His chatter has been reduced since the lawsuit was announced. Fleetwood Mac is never mentioned. He only stated something like "the events over the past year have made him welcome a new beginning that he looks forward to." He also mentioned his solo album is coming out next year and he will be back on the road. A few highlights for me was Go Insane and Slow Dancing. OMG these songs kick ass and rock live. You really have to see these songs live. The online videos don't do them justice. The Knight Concert hall is pretty large. It holds just over 4500 seats. I would say it was 50% full. At least the bottom part was mostly full. The second tier had a few stragglers in the front row and the second tier was completely empty. The side balconies were mostly full. It was a better showing than I was expecting. Its a real treat to see Lindsey in a small theater and up so close. You really get to watch him play which is really something. During the massive Mac shows its hard to see him playing. He gives 110%. When the band took their bows at the end Lindsey pretended to faint and fall over. He was exhausted and no wonder why. Almost everyone in the front row got to strum his guitar (including me) during GYOW. I guess I can cross that off my bucket list. People were shouting out song requests. Someone shouted out "My little demon" and Lindsey just looked over and laughed. Another person shouted out "Monday Morning" and Lindsey said jokingly that it was not a request concert but went on to say that maybe the next tour he can think about doing such a show. 21 songs!! Seriously. He could have done 14 songs and it would have been a full show. Oh the irony that Fleetwood Mac is on tour doing Monday Morning, Second Hand News, and Go Your Own Way while Lindsey is only doing Go Your Own Way. I saw Buckingham/McVie last year. This is my first Lindsey solo concert ever. Stevie Nicks has unintentionally given us amazing treats we could never have imagined. First being a Buck/McVie album and tour. Now and incredible full solo tour of Lindsey's solo career. We got these treats back to back BTW. If I did not have to work tomorrow, I would drive to Melbourne to see the show again before he finally leaves Florida.

Definitely check out this show. Lindsey solo tours are rare. I had high expectations and this show exceeded them. All the music sounds so fresh. Lindsey even commented when he put this package of songs together, he was surprised how fresh and current they sound.
Loved reading your review, and so happy for you! Thanks for letting us share in your experience.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Loved reading your review, and so happy for you! Thanks for letting us share in your experience.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You are traveling all the way from Tokyo?
Yep. Something told me: "This Is The Time"!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 10-29-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Old 10-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That would be a great thing to tell Lindsey at the meet and greet, that you came all the way from Tokyo. Very cool.

I really sense this tour is building Lindsey's confidence about touring as a solo act. He has no Fleetwood Mac commitments. He is very appreciative of the fan support. He did not tour with many of his solo album releases. But the Buck/Vie tour last year and this solo tour this year has given him confidence there is a loyal fan base. Its not huge but it exists and Lindsey is feeding off of it.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

fyi -- this person uploaded a boatload

https://www.youtube.com/user/bautistasal/videos