The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2020, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does it sound like she has developed a lisp?

I can’t tell if she had collagen and can’t move her top lip, dental work...her teeth look “different” or something else?

Anyone else notice this?

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Does it sound like she has developed a lisp?

I can’t tell if she had collagen and can’t move her top lip, dental work...her teeth look “different” or something else?

Anyone else notice this?
yes, she definitely has a more pronounced lisp (Many of us commented on how noticeable it became starting back on the IYD album and again on 24k Gold)

Her teeth looked noticeably darker to me.. like she's been drinking plenty of coffee/tea and not been for a teeth whitening session at her dentist. (same can be said of me!)

Her hair looked rather tatty to me as well; very split ends, kinda limp, and darker brownish blonde.

Not criticisms; just observations. Keeping up appearances gets harder as we all get older. She was wearing the scarf to cover her neck, another area where our age shows and things get droopier. Cosmetic enhancements can only help so much without a full face lift. I think this is part of why she's so annoyed about the timing of the pandemic and her comments about it stealing her last few "youthful" years. By her mid to late 70s it'll be more of a challenge to look like "Stevie Nicks" and by 80 well....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-28-2020 at 06:19 PM..
Old 10-28-2020, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
By her mid to late 70s it'll be more of a challenge to look like "Stevie Nicks" and by 80 well....
Can you imagine her at 80, still trying to look like she's 30?

She'll be down to a one note range by then.

Bah, bah black sheep, have you any wool?
Old 10-29-2020, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Can you imagine her at 80, still trying to look like she's 30?

She'll be down to a one note range by then.

Bah, bah black sheep, have you any wool?
HAHAHAH I did notice she has really really aged. It's to be expected so I won't make fun of her for that. But she is getting that thing with the speech, sounding like an old lady. Is it the teeth rattling around? I guess I'll be there soon enough...sigh.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
HAHAHAH I did notice she has really really aged. It's to be expected so I won't make fun of her for that. But she is getting that thing with the speech, sounding like an old lady. Is it the teeth rattling around? I guess I'll be there soon enough...sigh.
I remember them saying the same about Christine when she came back. Something about rattling of the teeth, slightly slurring words, etc. I mean, they've got more money than god, so they're not forced to get dentures. So what is it?

It's probably because they stopped drinking and doing blow. Yeah, let's blame that.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think she would look 100% better if she chopped off a bunch of ends and just had regular shoulder-length hair. And there must be some way to update those clothes. Maybe some lighter colors. She used to change up her look all the time when she was younger. I would love to see her brighten up a bit.

The lisp, not sure what's up with that, but everyone seems to get it. She has changed her S's over the years but yes, it is pronounced. She is 72 though! She is an elderly woman, whether she thinks she is in her young years or not.

Pretty tired of the "cleaning lady" story. Didn't she clean Keith Olson's house in exchange for living there... so she was kind of cleaning her own house anyway? And he said in the Behind the Music (I think it was) she did a half-assed job. The whole "I wanna be a star, I don't wanna be a cleaning lady" thing.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post
I think she would look 100% better if she chopped off a bunch of ends and just had regular shoulder-length hair. And there must be some way to update those clothes. Maybe some lighter colors. She used to change up her look all the time when she was younger. I would love to see her brighten up a bit.

The lisp, not sure what's up with that, but everyone seems to get it. She has changed her S's over the years but yes, it is pronounced. She is 72 though! She is an elderly woman, whether she thinks she is in her young years or not.

Pretty tired of the "cleaning lady" story. Didn't she clean Keith Olson's house in exchange for living there... so she was kind of cleaning her own house anyway? And he said in the Behind the Music (I think it was) she did a half-assed job. The whole "I wanna be a star, I don't wanna be a cleaning lady" thing.
I always kinda thought that's what she actually had; that the really long bits were extensions. That would make more sense to me; it's hard to grow your hair long and lush as you age.

Agree on the cleaning lady-- she tidied up her producer's house. She also crashed his car by letting it roll down the hill, so I mean.... let's be real.

And of course she uses that as an excuse to bash Lindsey, like he was doing *nothing* while she was out slaving away... "What could he POSSIBLY have done?" she says then laughs ha hahahahah.. Maybe he took your droning demos and made actual MUSIC behind your lyrics and melody?? Maybe he put some structure into half done songs like Rhiannon and made them hits?? If he hadn't been doing all that "nothing" you'd STILL be cleaning skid marks out of other people's toilets. I can think of worse things than boinking 1970s LB to become famous...just sayin'

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-29-2020 at 04:35 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If he hadn't been doing all that "nothing" you'd STILL be cleaning skid marks out of other people's toilets.

I can think of worse things than boinking 1970s LB to become famous...just sayin'
Both of these just made me giggle. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Both of these just made me giggle. Thanks.

LOL you're welcome. Though I do get a sense that LB was probably a bit kinky, if not a bit pervy....but man, was he HOT.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL you're welcome. Though I do get a sense that LB was probably a bit kinky, if not a bit pervy....but man, was he HOT.
All men are a bit pervy. At my friend's house last night, I noticed these steel rings mounted in his basement. I said, "is this your S&M room?"
"Yep". We then discussed how pretty much all men are pervs. Because we all are.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I always kinda thought that's what she actually had; that the really long bits were extensions. That would make more sense to me; it's hard to grow your hair long and lush as you age.

Agree on the cleaning lady-- she tidied up her producer's house. She also crashed his car by letting it roll down the hill, so I mean.... let's be real.

And of course she uses that as an excuse to bash Lindsey, like he was doing *nothing* while she was out slaving away... "What could he POSSIBLY have done?" she says then laughs ha hahahahah.. Maybe he took your droning demos and made actual MUSIC behind your lyrics and melody?? Maybe he put some structure into half done songs like Rhiannon and made them hits?? If he hadn't been doing all that "nothing" you'd STILL be cleaning skid marks out of other people's toilets. I can think of worse things than boinking 1970s LB to become famous...just sayin'
I'm certainly no expert on 72-year-old hair but those extensions look ratty then... maybe they need to mimic her natural hair. I need someone with expertise to chime in on this.

She's been telling that same story about coming home from waiting tables and cleaning up ash trays from all the guys sitting around the house smoking weed and then trying to make Hamburger Helper exciting and sewing sunshine patches on their jeans. I mean, I am sure that's the way she remembers it and *adjacent to* what really happened, but girlfriend is a drama queen of the highest order. In her defense, I can't see Lindsey waiting tables at Ye Old Cracker Barrel, either. He never had that disposition. Maybe he could have skated by on looks alone though, lol.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post
I'm certainly no expert on 72-year-old hair but those extensions look ratty then... maybe they need to mimic her natural hair. I need someone with expertise to chime in on this.

She's been telling that same story about coming home from waiting tables and cleaning up ash trays from all the guys sitting around the house smoking weed and then trying to make Hamburger Helper exciting and sewing sunshine patches on their jeans. I mean, I am sure that's the way she remembers it and *adjacent to* what really happened, but girlfriend is a drama queen of the highest order. In her defense, I can't see Lindsey waiting tables at Ye Old Cracker Barrel, either. He never had that disposition. Maybe he could have skated by on looks alone though, lol.
sorry, I wasn't as clear as I meant to be re: the extensions. I was just saying I would have thought wearing extensions would make more sense than her growing out her own tatty looking hair. In other words, I agree she should USE extensions if she isn't already because the current look, if it's her natural hair, isn't cutting it anymore. If it IS extensions, her hair stylist needs to be fired ASAP.

She makes it sound like LB NEVER attempted any outside jobs. He did. He talked back in the day about having worked a telemarketing job for a short time. It was basically a scam and he didn't do it very long, but then Miss Thang worked a *single day* as a dental assistant (which she always calls "dental hygienist") and complained she couldn't take all the bending forward.
The "cleaning lady" was a joke, per Keith Olsen. Let's be real, she has never been good at much other than singing so one could easily ask the question "What else COULD she do??" Doing something for 6 months doesn't mean you could have done it as a career.

Christine talked about the men in the band *occasionally* carrying her (Christine's) suitcase, and road crew talked about Chris setting up her own keyboards and gear. I would bet anything Stevie never carried a suitcase once upon joining FM. Christine finally caved and got a second adjoining hotel room for her clothes and getting ready for shows or whatever AFTER she rejoined the band a few years ago. Stevie's been demanding Presidential suites forever and had an entourage dialing the phone, filling her bath, ordering her dinner, and wiping her nose for decades. Hell, Chrissie Hynde described touring with her as like touring with Elizabeth Taylor, and found the gaps between shows with Stevie unacceptably long to where she booked smaller gigs for herself in between.

This woman whining that life is hard for her is beyond the pale.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

This woman whining that life is hard for her is beyond the pale.
She was saying she gained weight from steroids after being in the hospital with pneumonia... and that she stayed up for five days and nights with her assistant(?) watching Lucille Ball because she was wired from the steroids. Did she make this poor soul stay up with her all that time? Not a question I would normally ask, but...

I get that facing mortality is difficult. But she has had a LIFE. A lot of people are seriously affected by the pandemic. Losing homes, family members, lives. She’s all like “I might miss out on my 5th decade of touring in my final “young years.” It’s just so fantastically tone deaf.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

99% of people reading or seeing these interviews with Stevie have never heard any of those stories before. Some people who seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of her and FM and remember every interview they've ever given represent the other 1%. I'm a fan who doesn't give a damn what her assistants name is, or who she lives with, or wonder why she said something in 2020 that contradicts something she said in 1980, or psychoanalyze whether she's truly happy being single. And I suspect most people are just like me in those respects.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

He also did gigs now and then while she sat home and pouted because she wasn’t on tour, too.