User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The poem is horrendous. But I do like the lyrics from Straight Back in there.
The poem is horrendous and she gave this poem to a Kennedy. Can you imagine his reaction when he read it? I’m sure he was like - WTF???
Old 10-06-2020, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a strange world she lives in ...
To not know The Cure....I mean come on.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought the same thing Sue. She didn't know The Cure!?

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I can't tell if she's getting crazier by the year or if the same behavior I found alluring as a 15 year old kid is viewed a lot differently as a 35 year old adult.

Combination of both I suppose. I became a fan in 96/97 when she used to be so grounded and down to earth. It's such a contrast to the self infatuation that has occured in the past 10+ years.

I remember back when she took interest in her fans, you could send a christmas card to her in paradise valley and she would sign your Timespace CD booklet.

LOL...I remember in 1998 during the Enchanted tour she would remark about being incredibly nervous because she did more talking to introduce songs because it was a box set tour. It's laughable to think about now considering her intro to gypsy alone is longer than all of her Enchanted Tour intros combined!

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-06-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-06-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Sometimes I can't tell if she's getting crazier by the year or if the same behavior I found alluring as a 15 year old kid is viewed a lot differently as a 35 year old adult.

Combination of both I suppose. I became a fan in 96/97 when she used to be so grounded and down to earth. It's such a contrast to the self infatuation that has occured in the past 10+ years.

I remember back when she took interest in her fans, you could send a christmas card to her in paradise valley and she would sign your Timespace CD booklet.

LOL...I remember in 1998 during the Enchanted tour she would remark about being incredibly nervous because she did more talking to introduce songs because it was a box set tour. It's laughable to think about now considering her intro to gypsy alone is longer than all of her Enchanted Tour intros combined!
I think she's just blown into a hugely inflated ego balloon.

I remember thinking about Christine's return, she commented on how CHRISTINE needs to physically get into shape. And kept making the return about herself via, IIII offered her 5 million dollars. IIIII didn't want to be the only girl, IIIIII sent a spirt catcher that got Christine back. IIIIII told Christine what it was like to be on the road and how hard it is. I
IIIII told Christine it was her band, she can come back if she wants to.

So both. HUGE ego that keeps getting inflated. Everything and everyone, even MLK is all about her.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-07-2020 at 01:48 PM..
Old 10-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think she's just blown into a hugely inflated ego balloon.

I remember thinking about Christine's return, she commented on how CHRISTINE needs to physically get into shape. And kept making the return about herself via, IIII sent offered her 5 million dollars. IIIII didn't want to be the only girl, IIIIII sent a spirt catcher that got Christine back. IIIIII told Christine what it was like to be on the road and how hard it is. I
IIIII told Christine it was her band, she can come back if she wants to.

So both. HUGE ego that keeps getting inflated. Everything and everyone, even MLK is all about her.
Her entire conduct about Christine coming back so was off the wall bizarre considering all she wanted for years was her return.

It's like that friend everyne had when they were kids that would pull crap and say "You can only be freinds with Becky, but only if you hate Cindy the way I do"
Old 10-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So when is this epic rock masterpiece that the equal of Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back going to be available At midnight EST on Friday?

Old 10-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
So when is this epic rock masterpiece that the equal of Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back going to be available At midnight EST on Friday?
Thursday at Midnight I would guess on iTunes.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On edge of 72, Stevie Nicks just wants to sing a song live
Entertainment

NEW YORK — It’s Saturday at 9:30 p.m. and Stevie Nicks is singing on the phone.

The rock icon is at her Los Angeles home, where she’s been cooped up since December after wrapping the “An Evening with Fleetwood Mac” tour. She arrived there at first to relax after spending a year on the road and to celebrate the holidays. But then the coronavirus pandemic hit.

Stuck at the house is both good and bad for Nicks. The good news? Her house is a creative oasis where all her favorite musical instruments live. It’s where she spent a year recording her 2011 album “In Your Dreams” with Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard.

Her current 10-month stint — and counting — at home even fueled her to record the new single “Show Them the Way,” out on Friday.

“It’s beautiful,” she says after singing the song’s chorus at the end of a 90-minute-plus interview, where Nicks excitedly discussed everything from her admiration for late icons and pals Tom Petty and Prince to her relationships with Harry Styles and Beyoncé.

The bad news? Nicks is 72 and doesn’t want to be homebound when she prefers to be singing live on the road.

“This pandemic is more than just a pandemic for me. This is stealing what I consider to be my last youthful years,” Nicks told The Associated Press. “I don’t have just 10 years to hang around and wait for this thing to go away. I have places to go, people to sing for, another album to make. With every day that goes by, it’s like taking this time away from me. That I think is the hardest thing for me.”

“I have a lot of friends that are 60 and they’re going, ‘Oh I’m so old, I’m 60.’ I’m like, ‘You know what, the violins of the world are playing for you. You’re going to really appreciate 60 when you turn 72,’” she continued. “I don’t feel like the whole world is really getting behind getting this to go away. I feel like people are just thinking it really is just magically going away. All it takes is a few people that don’t wear a mask to spread. Just let one person catch it from you and there it goes — it’s like the never-ending story. That worries me because I’m going, ‘Will it really be gone by the end of 2021?

“Will it be safe next year for us to walk into Madison Square Garden?’ I don’t know that it will,” she said.

Nicks is hoping to satisfy fans she would typically see in-person on tour with the new concert film “Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold The Concert.” It was recorded over two nights during her 2016-17 “24 Karat Gold” tour and will be available at select theaters and drive-ins on Oct. 21 and 25. A CD and digital album of the concert will be released Oct. 30.

“As we started to understand that this COVID thing was not a joke, I started going to myself, ‘Well, you know what? This may be the closest to going to a big, big concert that’s actually not from 1977 that is new,’” Nicks said. “It’s brand new and it’s fantastic.”

The only time she left her West Coast home was to edit the film in Chicago. She took a private jet to the home on a golf course that had been vacant for some time, spending a month there and editing down hours of footage to create the 140-minute film.

“They can’t do it without me. I won’t allow it,” Nicks said. “We got it all done. It was really fun. We were really safe.”

But at the end of the trip, Nicks tripped in the snow and fractured her knee: “I was like screaming as I went through the air and saw the gravel driveway coming toward my face and just made a quick turn. So, I didn’t fall face down and caught myself. Because of my strong, tambourine arms, I was able to stop myself from crashing even worse. It was a really bad fall, but it’s OK.

“It’s had a hard time getting better,” she continued. “I hurt this knee really bad, my left knee, before, years ago. I had been dealing with it and fixed it. …I had just really gotten it to be to the place where it was totally better, then I fractured it. So now it’s almost better,” she said.

Apart from producing her concert film and recording “Show Them the Way,” Nicks has been busy in the home where she’s been creative in the past: “Another famous rock ‘n’ roll star, who will not be mentioned, sent me a song that he wants me to sing on,” she revealed.

Though “Show Them the Way” arrives Friday, Nicks said the song came to her in a dream in 2008 when Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were competing for the Democratic Party nomination for president. In the dream Nicks is performing at a political benefit where attendees include Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., John Lennon, John Lewis, John F. Kennedy and Bobby Kennedy.

Dave Grohl plays drums on the new song, which was produced by Greg Kurstin (Sia, Adele, Beck). Cameron Crowe is directing the music video.

“This song really is a prayer. This song is a prayer for people to unite. A prayer for people to get together,” Nicks said.

“I didn’t really realize that until just the last few days. The chorus was written a week or so later,” she continued.

“The chorus, and I can sing it for you, it goes, ‘Please God show them the way/Please God on this day/Spirits all give us strength/Peace will come if you really want it/I think we’re just in time to save it/Please God, oh please God, show them the way.’”
Old 10-08-2020, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a note about the producer of Show Them the Way, Greg Kurstin. He wrote and produced Adele’s song Hello.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You can listen to a preview on itunes. they will have the "rock" version and the acoustic version. What I listened to, I wasn't real impressed with. She sounded very nassally.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can listen to a clip here. I will have to hear more but so far I didn't really like it.

https://twitter.com/stevienicksarmy/...32394753466369
Old 10-08-2020, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
You can listen to a preview on itunes. they will have the "rock" version and the acoustic version. What I listened to, I wasn't real impressed with. She sounded very nassally.
I can’t find it. Did you really expect it to be good...
Old 10-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
You can listen to a clip here. I will have to hear more but so far I didn't really like it.

https://twitter.com/stevienicksarmy/...32394753466369
Ok this reminds me of her 1990 ramblle-on music... I hope the rest of the song is better but doubt it
Old 10-08-2020, 12:46 PM

Really nasal, but there were parts when she was singing vs. rambling. I'll give the full version a chance.