User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The child of Stevie Nicks and Don Henley?

I need a valium just thinking about it.
The mind boggles and reels.

The spawn of my favorite two bands.

Two of the most renowned singers from the 70's, both with off the chart egos. I can't imagine the BRAT they would have produced. It was probably for the best, what Stevie did to take care of the situation.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie really strikes me as the type of person who does not like smart-mouthed children. I think her niece annoys her. I am not sure that her child would be a spoiled brat.

A lot of people in her position, like Diana Ross, let their mothers raise their kids. I could definitely see Stevie doing this and Barbara was so annoyed with the monster her own child had become (due to her doting dad), she'd probably try to steer the grandkid in the opposite direction and be fairly strict with her, trying to teach her values and not to grow up insisting upon a roaring fireplace in every room.

You know, sometimes prima donnas have such egos of their own that they don't feed a child's.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
...trying to teach her values and not to grow up insisting upon a roaring fireplace in every room.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One wonders why she just didnt call her first solo album Primadonna...I mean if the shoe fits...

Come in out of the darkness Prima donnaaaaa
Old 10-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She's such a "feminist" she let Jimmy stash her in the basement to read magazines while he hung out with Tom Petty. She was a bona fide STAR then, and equal to Petty, but......she soft pedaled it to not hurt Jimmy's male ego coz she needed his help.
I hadn't been to these forums in years, but I had to take a look once I saw this latest round of battier-than-ever interviews. Nowhere else do I see people calling it out.

Does anyone remember how Joe Walsh used to call her and say he was visiting, so she would kick everyone out of her house and then wait for him to... never show up? Not exactly the strong, independent feminist behavior she touts she and Christine exhibited back then.

I would say this is part of cognitive decline, but she has always rewritten history, from an early age. She always surrounded herself with yes people. Sure, the other members may have had girlfriends, family on the road. But Stevie needed to surround herself with a "magical cloak" (or whatever she is calling it these days) of yes-friends from as far back as Rumours tour.

I do believe she knew what she was doing with Jimmy Iovine, though. Oh yeah, he made her hide in the basement and read magazines and make English muffin pizzas while he worked with the big guys upstairs. (You know, like feminists do.) But her main goal was to infiltrate the Heartbreakers, and she did manage that.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I say to my friend Robin, who died so long ago: ‘Look through my eyes at your granddaughter.’ She was yours and now she is mine.”

I think she means well here, but it truly sounds bizarre.
"All your base are belong to us" energy.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post
I hadn't been to these forums in years, but I had to take a look once I saw this latest round of battier-than-ever interviews. Nowhere else do I see people calling it out.

Does anyone remember how Joe Walsh used to call her and say he was visiting, so she would kick everyone out of her house and then wait for him to... never show up? Not exactly the strong, independent feminist behavior she touts she and Christine exhibited back then.

I would say this is part of cognitive decline, but she has always rewritten history, from an early age. She always surrounded herself with yes people. Sure, the other members may have had girlfriends, family on the road. But Stevie needed to surround herself with a "magical cloak" (or whatever she is calling it these days) of yes-friends from as far back as Rumours tour.

I do believe she knew what she was doing with Jimmy Iovine, though. Oh yeah, he made her hide in the basement and read magazines and make English muffin pizzas while he worked with the big guys upstairs. (You know, like feminists do.) But her main goal was to infiltrate the Heartbreakers, and she did manage that.
And she doesn't come off so great in that regard in Tom's bio. She saw Jane Petty as the weakest link in accessing Tom... Jane had a weakness for cocaine and Stevie freely indulged her to get her and keep her on side. The biographer clearly presents it as Stevie used Jane to get nearer to Tom.

Also, in the book where Tom himself vividly describes his relationship with Jane as abusive and loveless for many years at the end, Stevie is quoted as saying their marriage was sooo loving and magically fabulous and denying Tom's account. I think if anyone knew better it was Tom, as it was HIS marriage. One of his daughters also said she didn't see the bad stuff, but then, she was a child and these were her parents whom she loves so it's to be expected she wouldn't be maybe as aware of what was really going on. Stevie on the other hand just comes off as someone who doesn't really pay close attention to what is going on with other people around her and still thinks she knows best. I mean, who the hell thinks giving your pal your full dose of prescription meds to see what happens is a good idea?? Or lets her dog eat cocaine??

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-29-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 05:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And she doesn't come off so great in that regard in Tom's bio. She saw Jane Petty as the weakest link in accessing Tom... Jane had a weakness for cocaine and Stevie freely indulged her to get her and keep her on side. The biographer clearly presents it as Stevie used Jane to get nearer to Tom.

Also, in the book where Tom himself vividly describes his relationship with Jane as abusive and loveless for many years at the end, Stevie is quoted as saying their marriage was sooo loving and magically fabulous and denying Tom's account. I think if anyone knew better it was Tom, as it was HIS marriage. One of his daughters also said she didn't see the bad stuff, but then, she was a child and these were her parents whom she loves so it's to be expected she wouldn't be maybe as aware of what was really going on. Stevie on the other hand just comes off as someone who doesn't really pay close attention to what is going on with other people around her and still thinks she knows best. I mean, who the hell thinks giving your pal your full dose of prescription meds to see what happens is a good idea?? Or lets her dog eat cocaine??
I remember that from the book, that she would show up at Jane's house with cocaine. I would think Jane would've been able to buy her own blow, but it does complicate things, and there are people you do it with and develop a bond with over it and those people can get in your head. I'm sure Stevie did really like her and did want what she saw Tom and Jane had at the time (and she didn't), and also did want to "have moments" with Tom as well.

I thought the dog doing coke was an accident. Those itty bitty dogs?