The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and Christine did really well without Stevie on Tango in the Night.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If Stevie doesn't want to record with Lindsey That's her decision and if the band isn't happy with the way Stevie is participating they are more than welcome to do something about it...
I don't think anyone is denying her the right to do whatever she wants....she can always record a solo album if she wants to....but within a band she has more than just herself to answer to. If she doesn't want to record with Lindsey then I don't see this album happening. I seriously doubt they'll put an album out with Waddy Wachtel on guitars for a third of it.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM

I can't imagine why Christine needed a 16 year break.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think anyone is denying her the right to do whatever she wants....she can always record a solo album if she wants to....but within a band she has more than just herself to answer to.
That's my concern with all of this. Is it truly a Fleetwood Mac album when no Fleetwood Mac musicians are performing or helped construct Stevie's songs? I get it, she's thumbing her nose at Lindsey. But should Mick & John (and possibly Christine) be shoved out of the creative process, too? I just don't like that scenario at all.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think anyone is denying her the right to do whatever she wants....she can always record a solo album if she wants to....but within a band she has more than just herself to answer to. If she doesn't want to record with Lindsey then I don't see this album happening. I seriously doubt they'll put an album out with Waddy Wachtel on guitars for a third of it.
Why not??? Waddy is one of the most respected guitar players alive...
I was watching non-LB Fleetwood Mac clips on YouTube yesterday (early years + Billy & Rick videos) and the band sounded great so I don't think the little kick in the butt that Waddy would give them would hurt...
Old 04-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, I'm LOVING all of these honest opinions of Stevie!!!

I can't believe we've not been overrun in this thread, by unicorns that fart fairy dust!!!

She's a loon, and her delusions have grown considerably over the years.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
All I can say is that thunder does happen even when it isn't raining.
Maybe, players loved her even when they weren't playing. Maybe that was her point? Ha
Old 04-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a surprise. It didn't take much for the divisiveness of each band members fans to take root. And wtf, all three songwriters of this band have contributed their share of turds to a FM record even before Tango. Can we ever move on? The fact that Stevie is recording (along with Christine) is positive news. I never thought that I'd see another FM record again, much less including Christine. When (or if) the record arrives, at least each band members "fan club" can individually revel in their favorite songwriters contribution. A record from anyone is never going to please everyone or every fan. That's impossible. Throw in three very different songwriters in a band - that's a sure recipe for divisiveness & rivalry.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
What a surprise. It didn't take much for the divisiveness of each band members fans to take root.
nah, Chris' and Linds' fans seem to be sharing very similar opinions.

i'm enjoying sitting back and watching the ping-pong, i have to say.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
What a surprise. It didn't take much for the divisiveness of each band members fans to take root. And wtf, all three songwriters of this band have contributed their share of turds to a FM record even before Tango. Can we ever move on? The fact that Stevie is recording (along with Christine) is positive news. I never thought that I'd see another FM record again, much less including Christine. When (or if) the record arrives, at least each band members "fan club" can individually revel in their favorite songwriters contribution. A record from anyone is never going to please everyone or every fan. That's impossible. Throw in three very different songwriters in a band - that's a sure recipe for divisiveness & rivalry.
Yes Stevie & Christine working in Nashville is great news and I suspect she is playing peacekeeper by working with Stevie...Dave's twitter has been suspiciously quiet today and I mean not a peep out of him yet so I guess they must be hard at work with whatever it is they are up to...
Old 04-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
God, I'm LOVING all of these honest opinions of Stevie!!!

I can't believe we've not been overrun in this thread, by unicorns that fart fairy dust!!!

She's a loon, and her delusions have grown considerably over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nah, Chris' and Linds' fans seem to be sharing very similar opinions.

i'm enjoying sitting back and watching the ping-pong, i have to say.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Why not??? Waddy is one of the most respected guitar players alive...
I was watching non-LB Fleetwood Mac clips on YouTube yesterday (early years + Billy & Rick videos) and the band sounded great so I don't think the little kick in the butt that Waddy would give them would hurt...
I'm specifically talking about having Waddy on there without Lindsey. It's not about whether he's good enough it's about Lindsey is the band's guitarist, Waddy is not. Lindsey had a very distinctive style at that. This is a band album. We might as well just put together a compilation of solo tracks if we're going to start using whoever and call it Fleetwood Mac. Its one thing for Waddy to add an additional guitar part and a totally different thing for him to be the only guitarist on the song. It's not just a guest appearance if he's replacing Lindsey as the guitarist.

Also, if indeed they are recording for FM and it's Stevie's decision to leave Lindsey out of it, how would that be keeping the peace? There's no way Lindsey's just like "whatever".

Hopefully, the end game is to have Lindsey involved. Honestly, I doubt Christine would be involved if the rest of the band weren't going to also be involved at some point.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-22-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To me, NO ONE here (or as far as we know) honestly knows what is going on with this whole thing. I know that's why we have these boards to discuss things that are happening or not happening with this band. But a lot of this speculation is crazy. Also, the blaming and the back and forth about who's fault it is that they (supposedly) aren't recording together... why don't we just see what happens. Then we can b*tch/discuss that after we get a confirmation of SOMETHING.

~jamie
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Also, the blaming and the back and forth about who's fault it is that they (supposedly) aren't recording together... why don't we just see what happens. Then we can b*tch/discuss that after we get a confirmation of SOMETHING.
what's the fun in that?

now we can both b*itch and discuss, then we'll just be able to b*tch.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok...I respect all members of this band...
I do want to point out one thing...
Which member has, by leaps and BOUNDS, had the most successful solo career of these five?
Oh wait....it is the delusional, suck ass, no talent without Lindsey effing Buckingham, chiffon wearing airhead!
Wow..guess she is good for something huh?
Oh yeah..she also wrote the only number one hit FM ever had...
OH YEAH...she is also the only one of the five that has been consistently touring in a solo capacity...
Good God, she is a legend...let us not lose sight of the truth.
P.S. it doesn't matter what any of us think or want...this band is full on LEGENDS who have all paid their dues and earned the right to do as they please!!