Old 10-26-2017, 08:12 AM

Default INDY Buckingham/McVie

Who's going? Homer?
Old 10-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Who's going? Homer?
Unfortunately, I'll be dressed as Batman tomorrow night...

Long story...a band whose lighting I've done for years has a gig tomorrow, so I couldn't go(past tense now). Sooo, I bought a horribly inconvenient ticket for Lousiville on Nov 5th. Two days after I bought my Lousiville ticket, that band and I parted ways...#$%^&*!!!!!!

So I could have sold the ticket, I guess, and bought one to Indy, but I'm old school, and from the "you made your bed, so you lie in it" school. I still might have tried to do the old swaparoonie, but someone that I went on a few dates with, several years ago, is going to the Lousiville show, and I think we're going to catch up over dinner, before the show.

I guess I could throw Batman under the bus tomorrow, if I found a cheap enough ticket....

The only people I know are going(even though she doesn't come here anymore), is Sara1998(my friend Maria[who went to the Nashville show with me], and her namesake daughter, Sara). Because they posted tix pix on the FBs.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Unfortunately, I'll be dressed as Batman tomorrow night...

Long story...a band whose lighting I've done for years has a gig tomorrow, so I couldn't go(past tense now). Sooo, I bought a horribly inconvenient ticket for Lousiville on Nov 5th. Two days after I bought my Lousiville ticket, that band and I parted ways...#$%^&*!!!!!!

So I could have sold the ticket, I guess, and bought one to Indy, but I'm old school, and from the "you made your bed, so you lie in it" school. I still might have tried to do the old swaparoonie, but someone that I went on a few dates with, several years ago, is going to the Lousiville show, and I think we're going to catch up over dinner, before the show.

I guess I could throw Batman under the bus tomorrow, if I found a cheap enough ticket....

The only people I know are going(even though she doesn't come here anymore), is Sara1998(my friend Maria[who went to the Nashville show with me], and her namesake daughter, Sara). Because they posted tix pix on the FBs.
That's my favorite part of the post!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That's my favorite part of the post!!!
Aw, I doubt anything will come of it. We've just always stayed in touch.

Contrary to popular belief here, I'm a very nice guy, and people tend to....stay in my life. Hell, I cooked dinner for my ex this week, and the week before....and we broke up like 19 months ago.

I hope this revelation doesn't ruin the image some have, of me cutting off the heads of kittens, and the like. Because I'm MEAN!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aw, I doubt anything will come of it. We've just always stayed in touch.

Contrary to popular belief here, I'm a very nice guy, and people tend to....stay in my life. Hell, I cooked dinner for my ex this week, and the week before....and we broke up like 19 months ago.

I hope this revelation doesn't ruin the image some have, of me cutting off the heads of kittens, and the like. Because I'm MEAN!
I know you're a nice guy. And I know what you mean about people's beliefs. Priorities are sooo mixed up on some FM fans! You give one negative comment about Stevie, you get blocked. Because that comment is all that matters. The real life experiences you shared are meaningless.

Like Stevie will ever know you exist and will come and thank you and hug you with her shawl.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 10-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I know you're a nice guy. And I know what you mean about people's beliefs. Priorities are sooo mixed up on some FM fans! You give one negative comment about Stevie, you get blocked. Because that comment is all that matters. The real life experiences you shared are meaningless.

Like Stevie will ever know you exist and will come and thank you and hug you with her shawl.
Thank you. But that person a week or two ago really got under my skin, by how flaked out they were.

I know where that shawl's been!! No thanks!! Just keep on moving, Stevie!!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know where that shawl's been!! No thanks!! Just keep on moving, Stevie!!!!
Is that you, Lindsey?
Old 10-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.indystar.com/story/enter...umn/588814001/

I've been looking for reviews of the show but haven't found any. Instead I found this link with a short quote from Chris.

I went to this show and boy oh boy was it great. First time at this venue--it looks cool and the staff was friendly and helpful--I could tell they liked working there. Before I begin does anyone know if the t-shirts have the second leg listed on the back? Can you believe I never thought to look till now-duh.

I was lucky to be surrounded on all sides by really fun people. I had 3rd row center seat. Mom and daughter to my right who drove from Ohio. Married couple behind me (don't remember where from but they were at the Ohio show) and a guy and a girl on my left from Michigan. I should have asked if anyone was a member or lurker here-duh again. We had so much fun talking about standing during the show and actually standing during the show. I have no idea how full the place was or what was going on behind us cause I never turned around. The front section/what I could see was enthusiastic and cheering for all the songs. Lindsey commented on how good the audience was and how they just might stick around a little longer but it wasn't canned, he actually seemed serious for a minute.

Chris' voice sounded extra good and she looked so cute in her motorcycle boots. Lindsey was having a ball. Something was going on with the drums cause the tech was crawling around the drum set half of the night. A ledgie posted on a different thread that the karaoke machine seems to be turned down and I agree--it's not as prominent as it was during the first leg. I'm not sure if Chris was making fun of it at one point cause she kinda looked up and pointed when some background vocals played(don't remember which song).

When Lindsey began his long explanation of how the album came to be I pulled out my sign. It's just white plastic with "Thank You For New Music" written on it in marker. He squinted, leaned forward and read it out loud!!!! Then after reading it he said "Well you're welcome" or "You're very welcome". This was the highlight of my night. If anyone has this on video I'd love to see it. I'll be forever grateful although I don't expect it since most people don't record his long speeches.

More in a bit....
Old 10-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey made a few comments I wasn't sure about. When he introduced the band he talked about Jimmy and Frederico killing it every night and how Jimmy is the best guy for the job based on what they're doing. Then he said they might be his favorite rhythm section.... cause it's a pretty high bar. A few of us were looking at each other with eyebrows raised cause it wasn't expected. I haven't watched some of the videos of other shows so I'm not sure if this is a new part of his script. He also made a remark about having his way with Chris when he described working on her demos. Lots of hooting and hollering with that one! Chris said something in response but I didn't hear it. Lindsey was really being devilish and he knew it. Anyone hear this before?

They sounded fantastic. I still enjoy the new stuff as much as I ever have. I'm glad they devote so much of the show to the new record.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for the review Lola and that was so cool with the sign.
That gives me an idea. I may unfurl a big sign at the Hollywood show that says...
"STEVIE WHO?"
Old 10-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But would he read it out loud...omg could you imagine. I bet he would love it
Old 10-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Lindsey made a few comments I wasn't sure about. When he introduced the band he talked about Jimmy and Frederico killing it every night and how Jimmy is the best guy for the job based on what they're doing. Then he said they might be his favorite rhythm section.... cause it's a pretty high bar. A few of us were looking at each other with eyebrows raised cause it wasn't expected. I haven't watched some of the videos of other shows so I'm not sure if this is a new part of his script. He also made a remark about having his way with Chris when he described working on her demos. Lots of hooting and hollering with that one! Chris said something in response but I didn't hear it. Lindsey was really being devilish and he knew it. Anyone hear this before?

They sounded fantastic. I still enjoy the new stuff as much as I ever have. I'm glad they devote so much of the show to the new record.
I think all those comments about the band and Chris are new on this second leg. He's having his way with Chris!

Thank you for your review, and for your sign!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for the review Lola and that was so cool with the sign.
That gives me an idea. I may unfurl a big sign at the Hollywood show that says...
"STEVIE WHO?"
I'm with you on the sign, but I doubt he would read it loud. But I'm sure he would LOVE it and laugh a bit.

I was thinking about buying a BuckVie t-shirt and saving it for next year FM concert, so Stevie can see me with it.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why not, I've seen plenty of people wear solo Stevie shirts to Mac shows.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:16 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Why not, I've seen plenty of people wear solo Stevie shirts to Mac shows.
I didn't say I'm not gonna do it.