User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
GOS came out OMG firstly i'd OD'd on too much Did You Miss Me that was streaming off the website. I freaking love pretty much the whole album, but especially Love Runs Deeper and DYMM why on earth would he apologize for it and Bel Air Rain gaaaaaaaaawd that's brilliant. so now with these songs i'm like hmmm they're either going to be killer awesome or dear god please no more UTS. but i gotta say i really like all of them atm especially POI. im partial to his weird tinkling stuff and the musical elements of songs i suppose. like play in the rain but good lyrics AND good tinkling stuff ... SOLD
Well, he didn't really apologize. When he introduced it in concert, he kind of shrugged, winked and said that the record company chose it as the single. The implication was that it wouldn't have been the song that he himself would have showcased. Michele
Old 04-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well. clock in on the Soldier's Angel-song and you'll find one of the most experimental and best songs she's ever recorded.
i dunno about allllllllll that
Old 04-29-2011, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
i dunno about allllllllll that
I think it could have been.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well In my humble opinion it's the standout track, just because of the fact that it is a brave and risky song and arrangement. And I really like how the the lyrics flow. It's as if she sings it in the only way possible. I've got the feeleing it all "fits". For me, a lot of her songs don't flow that much in the lyrics.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, he didn't really apologize. When he introduced it in concert, he kind of shrugged, winked and said that the record company chose it as the single. The implication was that it wouldn't have been the song that he himself would have showcased. Michele
Michele, I think he was joking about there not being true "singles" any more. I remember he joked at the show I went to about there not being a video and when he said "single", he said something like "I'm not sure what that means."
Old 04-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Saban concertgoers reviews on ticketmaster

5 / 5
Lindsey is beyond amazing!!!
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/25/2011
by FrozenLove
This was a "can't miss" event! His new songs sound beautiful. Can't wait for the CD, DVD and tour in September!

Review 2 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Lindsey Buckingham was incredible!
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by FREESPIRIT08
Featured Review
Top 250 Contributor
I have been a huge fan of Lindsey Buckingham ever since his days with Fleetwood Mac, and he definitely sounded better than ever! I had some very high expectations for this concert, and he went way above and beyond all my expectations!
Of course, we all went wild when he sang some of his greatest hits from Fleetwood Mac. It was such a treat for me to see this legend live in concert. He also sang a lot of his new material, which was awesome. He really does have some great new songs.
Overall, it was one of the most memorable evenings for me -- I had such a great time. I highly recommend you taking the opportunity to go see Lindsey Buckingham live in concert. I am so looking forward to seeing him again!
Favorite moment: I really loved it when he sang some of his greatest hits from Fleetwood Mac. And he busted some very sexy dance moves, too!
Setlist: He sang a lot of his greatest hits from Fleetwood Mac, as well as songs from his new album. Everything sounded great!
Opening act(s): Lindsey Buckingham doesn't need an opening act! It was all him, all night long. And the audience was going crazy for him!

Review 3 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Lindsey does not disappoint!
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/25/2011
by farbie
What a wonderful night.
I was in the upper balcony and the sound was great. I could hear everything, even the quiet stuff.
The intimate setting was a treat for me. I have been a fan for a long time and never have seen him live before. I really enjoyed the evening.
Favorite moment: I enjoyed the begining of the show. Lindsey sang some songs by himself no band just his guitar. Very nice!
Setlist: See photo.
Opening act(s): None
Reviewer Images:
User submitted photo

Review 4 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Lindsey Buckingham - fantastic!
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/25/2011
by bBoxerfan
This show was just as it was described: an intimate evening with Lindsey Buckingham. This was Buckingham's only appearance, a filmed show for his upcoming "Seeds We Sow" album that's to be released in September. The new songs were great and the old ones (of course) even better. When he tours in the fall, after the new album is released, don't miss the chance to see this show!
Setlist: Under the Skin, Go Your Own Way, Secondhand News, Never Going Back Again, Tusk, Trouble, Go Insane, Big Love, Shut Us Down, I'm So Afraid, and six songs from the new album

Review 5 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/25/2011
by Anonymous
I am so excited I was able to see Lindsey Buckingham in such an amazing setting, the seats were perfect not to mention for an amazing price!!!!
I would see him again in a heartbeat, and also return to the Saban theatre again!!!!

Review 6 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by bippy
Amazing performance. Lindsey Buckingham performed as if he was a 21 year old musician with unlimited energy, passion and excellence. The performance was nothing short of amazing.
Favorite moment: I loved the new songs and also the solos from Fleetwood Mac. The entire performance is a favorite

Review 7 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Stellar Performance as usual
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by SDPenguin
Great intimate venue and fantastic acoustics for Lindsey's guitar work (and the rest of the band, for that matter)! I'm always amazed with his picking style and his ability to move throughout the range of his collection of gutars (which were switched for just about every song) is incredible to witness in person. Lindsey is one of the most passionate performers of my age! Also a great fan of Neal Heywood and his complimentary rythym and lead riffs which are always right in step.
Some great new songs from his new CD due in September.. my favorites were "In Our Own Time" & "End of Time". Can't wait to buy.
Favorite moment: Tusk. Always my favorite.. love the elephant walk across the stage!
Setlist: Acoustic: Shut Us Down, Go Insane, Trouble, Never Going Back, Big Love. Full Band: Under the Skin, Sorrows, In Our Own Time, Illumination, Second Hand News, Tusk, Stars, End of Time, The Way Love Goes, So Afraid, Go Your Own Way. Encore: Turn It On, Treason, Seeds We Sow.

Review 8 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Lindsey Buckingham
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by deedelnero
This was an incredible night in Beverly Hills! At the Saban Theater,formerly the Wilshire Theater,an intimate 1500 seat venue is where the night came alive with some of the most unbelieveable guitar playing from Lindsey Buckingham,and stellar performance's from his band. The show started off with Lindsey playing a few classics alone with his acoustic guitar.Then he was off and running with the rest of the band. The new material sounded very good and makes me wish that his soon to be released CD,Seeds We Sow,was already available. This should be another gem from Buckingham and will be a must hear for fans.For me the highlight's of this amazing set included " Never Going Back Again " and " I'm So Afraid " on both of which I thought Buckingham's guitars just might burst into flames! All in all,like I said in the begining...INCREDIBLE! Thank you Lindsey for sharing your world with us this one night.......
Favorite moment: The WHOLE show.
Opening act(s): N/A

Review 9 for Lindsey Buckingham
4 / 5
Lindsey Buckingham
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by Llorien
Gorgeous venue, fair price and it was fun having it filmed. Can't wait to watch it in September again on tv! Also rows R and S were chosen to fill in a few seats closer. So lucky we were to get to be closer!
Favorite moment: When he played anything!

Review 10 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Buckingham on his game!
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by MacFan61
This was sort of a surprise concert. Only about a week and a half before the show it was announced that Lindsey Buckingham would be playing The Saban Theatre (formerly The Wilshire) for a taping of a DVD to be released in September 2011, along with a new Lindsey Buckingham album. THIS is my kind of surprise! The Saban is a beautiful theatre which holds only about 1500 people, so when the ticket states "an intimate evening with Lindsey Buckingham", they weren't kidding. Lindsey came out and started with an acoustic type set before bringing out the other three players in his band. He sprinkled in about six new songs from his upcoming Seeds We Sow album. Lindsey was in great voice and his guitar playing was as beautiful and fiery as ever! Even though it was a taped show, they went through it just like a regular concert and there were no extra "takes" during the show. This is the second time I"ve taken a friend to a Lindsey Buckingham show and they've come out just amazed at his showmanship. Since it's already something I have known for a very long time, I'm happy to help broaden the musical horizons of my friends. Please note, I have listed the set list below, but there are a couple of new songs that I'm not entirely sure their correct titles.
Favorite moment: The entire 90 minute show!
Setlist: Shut Us Down, Go Insane, Trouble, Never Going Back Again, Big Love, Under The Skin, All My Sorrows, In Our Own Time, Process Of Illumination, Second Hand News, Tusk, Stars Are Crazy, It's The End Of Time, The Way Love Goes, I'm So Afraid, Go Your Own Way, Turn It On, band intros, Treason, Seeds We Sow
Reviewer Images:
User submitted photo
User submitted photo
User submitted photo

Review 11 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Phenomenal
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by LFan
This was a spectacular performance by a rare artist. I've seen Lindsey live multiple times solo and with Fleetwood Mac and tonight he was in top form. As good as ever. His voice was strong and controlled, his playing impeccable. He has the energy of someone half his age. He absolutely killed it on solo versions of Go Insane, Never Going Back Again, Big Love, Trouble, and more. He and the band killed it on high octane renditions of Second Hand News, I'm So Afraid, All My Sorrows, Under the Skin, etc. He broke out several new songs from the upcoming album, Seeds We Sow, all of which were fantastic. I can't wait until the DVD comes out!
Favorite moment: Everything!

Review 12 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Brilliant, unrecognized genius
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by CylonEmpire
Jimmy Hendrix was not really recognized as the guitar god and genius that he was until years after his death. Buckingham frequently appears down the list for the "best guitarist" in terms of ranking (even lower than Joan Jett?!?!?). However, anyone who has seen him play live in concert knows that he should rank near the top of any of these lists.
His voice seems stronger than the last tour. The guitar playing was spectacular. He starts playing and singing (solo), and he fills the room with amazing texture and sound.
The first 3rd of the setlist was a 10/10+++. Again, he mostly played solo songs without his backup band even on stage. Then, he played some of his new songs (6/10). They seem OK, but nothing mind blowing like "Shut Us Down" or "Time Precious Time". The last 3rd of the show started to really pick-up, and then finished with a number of slower songs (8/10). I hope that on the Fall tour they change the setlist a little to leave the audience wanting more at the end. Everyone starts standing and dancing & then it abruptly stops. That was odd. Usually, he ends with a mind blower like the two previously mentioned tunes.
They filmed this show for a fall TV special. He warned the audience that they might need to stop and redo songs, etc. Of course, this guy is so amazing that they just played right through without interruption.
In terms of venue, the Saban Theatre has been remodeled. It is a GREAT place for a small concert. Great sound, nice seating layout, and VERY friendly staff. Amazing Art Deco design, etc. Lindsey seems more comfortable in a controlled environment like the Saban although he absolutely rips it in the smaller "bar type" venues. I'm sure the audio and video quality of this show will be a 10/10.
Either way, the audience wins big.
Favorite moment: Never going back again.
Setlist: Never going back again, Trouble, Shut us Down, Go Your Own Way, Cast Away Dreams

Review 13 for Lindsey Buckingham
5 / 5
Lindsey Rocked!!
Saban Theatre
- Beverly Hills
, CA
- Fri, Apr 22, 2011
Posted 04/24/2011
by Candylu
Lindsey still has it...........his artistry with the guitar is unforgettable.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ That's right. Lindsey is truly indescribable live in concert. I can guarantee to anyone (lurkers/casual LB fans/anyone who hasn't seen him live) that you will not be bored a second and you will leave blown away. "Brilliant" doesn't seem a big enough word for this man's abilities.

Thanks Elle!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Seeds We Sow video, finally!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks Pattie! Nice tune. Cant believe he's waiting 3 more months to put the record out.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
This is great. And the picture is so sharp. Lindsey stands out so clearly against the pitch black background. This will probably be the song he'll play when he is on radio shows (and we can hope for Conan again) to promote SWS.

Thank you so much for getting it to us. Michele
Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post

Thanks Pattie!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Pattie!

Loved the guitar, not so sure about the ta ta tas!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Here are the mp3's. Missing "Seeds We Sow". Hopefully we'll have that tomorrow. Thanks again, Pattie!

In Our Own Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/adc9xx

Process of Illumination - http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

Stars Are Crazy - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsjaoy

The End of Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzq93t

The Way Love Goes - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rmkbw
The last seed:

Seeds We Sow - http://www.sendspace.com/file/w9dmst
Old 05-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Zomg I can't wait to go home and download it!!!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ETA: Why is there talking??? Why do people talk at concerts????? During a Lindsey Concert????? While it's being filmed???? As he plays a song you've NEVER heard before???????????