User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
wow... and you I believe... cos you hate that bullcrap fake stuff...
Heh heh... I really did think it was part of the show until that long, long pause where she was kind of trying to get it together. It was only after the show, the more I played the scene back in my mind, that I concluded that it was the most beautiful, real thing I had ever seen.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
the most beautiful, real thing I had ever seen.
The most beautiful thing, The most innocent thing?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was there in the second row between Stevie and Christine... they was real tears, hon'. To be honest, at first I thought it was just schtick- that somehow she was able to turn on the waterworks every night. After all, she often cried at the end of "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You." But then that next-to-final chord kept playing while Stevie stood at the mic. By this time, after what seemed an eternity, she had turned her back to the audience and was standing there in the spotlight kind of frozen in place. Eventually Lindsey came up to her, put his arm around her and finished the final "You could be my silver spring..." line for her looking her dead in the eyes. As the lights came up I could still see that she was just completely overcome. And then as the lights dimmed, the tape track for "Tusk" started playing, and I could still see that she was inconsolable as she marched off stage. It was definitely a real moment.
You just made my day. I KNEW there was something more there.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Heh heh... I really did think it was part of the show until that long, long pause where she was kind of trying to get it together. It was only after the show, the more I played the scene back in my mind, that I concluded that it was the most beautiful, real thing I had ever seen.
....sigh..... :-) love it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well of course it gave out! You try singing while sobbing. I distinctly recall that her voice cracked and was definitely hoarse when she screamed the "never get away, never get away" part. Mama was an unglued mess!
LOL. Ok, gotcha. I meant I thought her voice gave out and it was strained to the point it caused her pain - which is what caused her tears. But, if she was emotional, she was emotional.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michelle and I were driving across country that week, from Massachusetts where I had just purchased a car to Phoenix, where we lived. Michelle did most of the driving because she liked to go very fast and I was always scared to go faster than 65mph. I didn't look at the speedometer when she was driving. Many times she complained she was tired and I'd say, "keep driving. I've got to get to the Fleetwood Mac concert." I told her if she got any speeding ticket I would pay half of the fine. She got a ticket in Oklahoma City. She was driving at 90mph. (Everybody gets a ticket in OK) New Mexico weather is always unpredictable. It's a very large state and not too far from the Arizona border we had to drive through a major lightning storm with a huge downpour. It slowed us down immensly. We arrived in Phoenix after 5 days on the road and drove straight to Desert Sky Pavilion. There was no time to go home first. The band was already on stage and had just finished singing Landslide. We did not have tickets. There was a one inch crack in a wall that allowed us to peer through to see the stage. Michelle didn't care about the show. She was so exhausted from being pushed and whipped across country by me that she just went over near some bushes and started puking.
Near the end of the show I had a conversation with some stranger through that peep hole. I could see him but he couldn't see me. He seemed "interested" in me until he asked how old I was and then he vanished.
This is what I most remember about the show.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw 5 shows on this tour.

10-3, Cincinnati
10-4, Detroit
10-5, Indianapolis
10-8, Minneapolis
10-9, Fargo

I remember it being Lindsey's birthday at my first show and everyone talking about how that was the arena that the infamous Who concert in 1979 happened at. Indianapolis was beautiful because it was outdoors at what was then called Deer Creek Music Center. My favorite outdoor Venue Ive been to to this day. I wanted to go to more shows, but tickets were so scarce I just couldnt afford it. For ths Minneapolis show, I was the first person in line for tickets I waited for 27 hours, and there were over 400 people in line at the Target Center by the time the tickets went on sale! That was one of the last shows I remmber where the tickets were "first dome, first serve." I just remember haning out all day and night with a lesbian couple and 5 college dudes from UW-Madison. What a fun time! Oh and I got interviewed by all of the major TV stations in Minneapolis being the first in line. What really pissed me off though was that both Detroit, Indy, and Fargo went on sale the same day so once I had my Minneapolis tickets(front row!) secured, I had to go over to the Ticketmaster outlet and wait in line for another 2 hours to get my tix for the other 3 shows. Long story short, I forgot to tell my mom I was on the news and by the time I got home I was so exhausted I fell asleep and never saw myself on tv! Now for the Cincinnati ticket story. This one really frustrated me because I kept calling TM and they said they had no information for this show. Well it turns out that this show was being handled by a different ticketing agency and that arena had just undergone a refurbishment and been renamed The Crown. I couldnt get any information and was getting really pissed! Finally, 2 weeks before the show I called Cincinnati information and someone finally knew what the F**K I was talkin about! I called the ticket office thinking that theyd be sold out for sure but for 1 single ticket I got 3rd row center right on the aisle!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Meowi
This message has been deleted by Meowi.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gosh this seems like yesterday but it was like 12 years ago! F***.

I saw them in Buffalo late november right before thanksgiving. November 23,1997. My parents got me tickets for my birthday. I was beyond stoked. I got the dance album for my 13th birthday from my brother and concert tickets from my parents. Probably one of my favorite birthdays...ever.

Two things I really remember from this show. We were up in the bleeds and the sound was TERRIBLE. I remember the bass being so over the top, insanely loud that it made my ribcage rumble. It ruined the entire mix, it was atrocious. I have yet to attend a concert with sound THAT BAD ever since. I can't even put into words how terrible the sound mix at this concert was, it really was unbelievable. Obviously they got into town late and didn't do a soundcheck, the sound tech was deaf, or just poor design of the building created some bad acoustics. I saw the mac at the same venue again in '03 and they sounded great but I had floor seats. Saw billy joel there in '99 up in the bleeds and it sounded fine too. I had a cassette copy of this show for years and you can clearly hear the sound issues on that recording as well. I always wished a better recording would pop up, like the Fargo or Minneapolis recordings.

The other thing I remember was the couple of people in the row in front of us passed a joint around during gypsy, which was pretty hysterical at the time...siting there with my middle aged parents and i'm barely a teenager. The aroma made gypsy a pretty memorable moment.

I also remember Not That Funny going on for what seemed like FOREVER. At one point lindsey was flat on his back and then on all fours, screaming "buuuuuuuuuuuuffalo......buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuffalo.....are you there!?! are you still with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" kind of like how mick does on world turning.

The encores were extremely rushed, lindsey even mentioned that they were running out of time, real quick. This seemed to happen very often on this tour from other boots i've listened to...not sure why.

I remember my parents saying they thought it was kind of crappy that they never introduced all their back up musicians...which I guess is kind of crappy looking back. At least they do it now.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Forgot to mention this other little sidenote...the two ladies sitting next to my parents and I told us how they saw stevie on the wild heart tour at the old aud. Way up in the nosebleeds, which if anyone here is familiar with the old aud in buffalo, those seats are infamously steep. Anyway, they said they thought stevie was really stoned the whole time LOL
Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
I was only three years old when they did The Dance, so I don't have any memories
I have no memories either as they didn't do Europe. I think Christine had had enough by then.

Gail
Old 11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Please step right up and share you story from The Dance Tour! How surprised were you to hear that these five people were getting back together again?
I was shocked. I never thought it would happen. The distances between the members had grown too great by the mid 1990s.

Quote:
And what did you think of the show that you went to?
Not very interesting to me because of all the hardware involved, even though I had seen & heard just as much hardware on the past two Fleetwood Mac tours. The pre-Time tour was refreshing because the band didn't employ anywhere near as much hardware.

Quote:
Lindsey was back...Stevie was thin...and we hadn't seen Christine in a live setting in 7 years.
I don't think Stevie was thin. That's not my definition of thin. Christine didn't seem to be having as much fun playing as she used to have. She didn't get into the jams as much, or bob around much.

Quote:
Please share any memories you have from this tour.
When I think of this tour, I think of its connection to the Ledge. I think of how I was supposed to meet a couple of friends at the Shoreline show, but I didn't. They were really hurt & decided to take revenge on me. They knew I & a few other ledgies were posting on a Ledge page that was no longer in official use but hadn't been removed by the administrator. They knew because I told them, & they read it. So they decided to alert the main bulk of the ledgies as to the existence of this "hidden" site by linking to it in public. This caused an uproar & ultimately convinced the administrator to split the single Ledge into five or six mini-Ledges. These were great times, but kind of sad, too. That's what I think of when I think of the 1997 tour.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The other thing I remember was the couple of people in the row in front of us passed a joint around during gypsy, which was pretty hysterical at the time...siting there with my middle aged parents and i'm barely a teenager. The aroma made gypsy a pretty memorable moment.
A teenager sitting with his "middle aged" parents watching a concert of grandparent performers.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I was shocked. I never thought it would happen. The distances between the members had grown too great by the mid 1990s.

Not very interesting to me because of all the hardware involved, even though I had seen & heard just as much hardware on the past two Fleetwood Mac tours. The pre-Time tour was refreshing because the band didn't employ anywhere near as much hardware.

I don't think Stevie was thin. That's not my definition of thin. Christine didn't seem to be having as much fun playing as she used to have. She didn't get into the jams as much, or bob around much.

When I think of this tour, I think of its connection to the Ledge. I think of how I was supposed to meet a couple of friends at the Shoreline show, but I didn't. They were really hurt & decided to take revenge on me. They knew I & a few other ledgies were posting on a Ledge page that was no longer in official use but hadn't been removed by the administrator. They knew because I told them, & they read it. So they decided to alert the main bulk of the ledgies as to the existence of this "hidden" site by linking to it in public. This caused an uproar & ultimately convinced the administrator to split the single Ledge into five or six mini-Ledges. These were great times, but kind of sad, too. That's what I think of when I think of the 1997 tour.
Thin isn't always relative, but it is for Stevie. And relative to everything from the Unleashed tour.....yeah, she was thin.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
A teenager sitting with his "middle aged" parents watching a concert of grandparent performers.
Never break the chain/
Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Thin isn't always relative, but it is for Stevie. And relative to everything from the Unleashed tour.....yeah, she was thin.
And yet I remember her looking as good as she ever has when I saw her in 2007 - only two years ago...

It's a Fleetwood Mac thing, I swear. She needs to drop 'em and go solo.