User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Dance Tour Stories

The Dance tour is a great old tour...

Please step right up and share you story from The Dance Tour! How surprised were you to hear that these five people were getting back together again? And what did you think of the show that you went to? Lindsey was back...Stevie was thin...and we hadn't seen Christine in a live setting in 7 years.

Please share any memories you have from this tour.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I went to the October 1st 1997 Columbus,Ohio show. It was my 1st Fleetwood Mac concert. I was so completely thrilled!!! I certainly didn't have great seats, but I was just so happy to be there! Everyone was wonderful and it was like a dream come true
Old 10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really interested in this thread. Post em Ledgies!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First concert for me was September of 1997 on the Dance tour. I was 8 years old and my mother took me. We had 24th row center section and I had never been to a concert before. I was absolutely terrified when everyone started yelling hahaha! But when they came out I was just in awe and I totally thought Stevie was waving at me!!

I remember Stevie in a long white jacket, she looked chilly. I remember when they did 'Everywhere' everyone went crazy when Christine sang the high part. After Gold Dust Woman Stevie said it was great to be back in Boston. I remember when she went backstage for ISA she almost got stuck inbetween the speakers because the space was so small.

I was baffled by Lindsey's 'Sardonic World' poem, didn't really know what it was about. I remember Stevie re-entered in like a Harry Potter robe/cloak that I hated haha! I was very upset because my mother spilled my popcorn during 'Sweet Girl'. There was some obnoxious fat lady behind us that was yelling at me (an 8 year old) because I was standing up and dancing.

The whole day of the concert I kept arguing with my mother that they would absolutely do 'Second Hand News' (it was my favorite song at the time). And she was like, no, no, no. My concert happened to be the night they dropped Eyes of the World and added Second Hand News. I remember when they started it, I looked at my mom and literally was like "TOLD YA SO."

I was so excited when Stand Back started, but I was so confused as to why Stevie was in a different cape. I was hoping for the big one with the dots, but she had a silvery one and wore it differently.

No one seems to believe me, but when Mick and Lindsey were doing their thing on NTF, I saw Christine smoking a cigarette on the side of the stage! I was also convinced that the USC marching band would come on stage and do 'Tusk' with them, but of course they didn't (I was such an optimistic child).

Honestly, even though it was great to see them all, I think it was the worst of all the Mac shows I saw. They were musically all over the place.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the Chicago show, Stevie forgot the words to "Stand Back" and we mouthed them to her from the audience. Lindsey and Christine were cracking up and Stevie looked horrified. Just a random memory of the Dance tour...
Old 10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Ledgie

I'm very excited about this thread! I actually wasn't able to afford tickets to the Dance tour so that is one that I'm always curious to hear more about. It's interesting to hear about the interactions seen between the band members after such a long, hard break away from each other. They seemed to have changed so much. Any other stories would be really appreciated!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Stevie & Lindsey were an item. That's always interesting.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw The Mac on this tour in Atlantic City, about the third or the second show to the last...can't remember which but I remember this and a few other dates were added at the last minute. I missed the original Philadelphia show because I had to work and I was not happy but then this show appeared. It was a great show, Stevie wore a pink chiffon duster for the Rhiannon, etc. segment instead of the black one (for those who care about such things LOL). Her GDW twirl from John back over to the mic was absolute perfection. And yes, this is the show that Lindsey had to finish singing Silver Springs for her. I don't remember it that clearly because it was so unexpected and I was mesmerized during the whole show, and when he sang that part I wasn't quite sure it was rehearsed that way or not. I don't think I had seen/bought any bootlegs while the tour was still going on so I didn't have anything to compare it to. It was, however, an incredible moment when he sang those words...

"...my blue green colors flashing"

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the tour I wish I'd seen! The last one with the 5 of them.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for your stories...this is a tour I know more ledgies saw though! I'd like to bump this topic so more ledgies can share their memories, I think the topic got lost with all the new recent topics from Unleashed.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Stevie & Lindsey were an item. That's always interesting.
You've thrown this around a lot on the boards, and I want to know your rationale for saying it. Everything I've heard from people close to Stevie says they weren't...

but I love a good ship.
You're so like me
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
You've thrown this around a lot on the boards, and I want to know your rationale for saying it. Everything I've heard from people close to Stevie says they weren't...

but I love a good ship.
I heard they were together as well, and through Stevie's Enchanted Tour. Some say they spotted Lindsey at her solo shows in random cities...
Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really, really curious about this. Stevie and Lindsey's relationship in the late 90s really intrigues me, because I firmly believe there was emotional attachment that made things "complicated".... but from there, I don't know.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post

but I love a good ship.
I know why you're asking, and it's never been confirmed for me, either. But, it just makes too much logical sense.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I got the feeling that during that '96-98 era, Lindsey and Stevie were an item purely onstage and that it never went further than that.