User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone article 1992

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ttack-19920625

Not sure if this has been discussed before, just came across this Rolling Stone article from LB and was pretty shocked to read this paragraph below. Despite Stevie being a pretty crazed figure just out of rehab, I can not believe he would verbalise that she 'probably deserved to be slapped'. When if we believe Johnny Mac then LB was pretty violent to her that day as it stands anyway. This sure reinforces his violent nature towards women at that stage in his life which saddens me as I am a big fan of his generally.....

The group added two new members, Billy Burnette and Rick Vito, in an attempt to fill the void left by Buckingham's departure. Diplomatically, Buckingham says only that Behind the Mask – the 1990 record the group made without him – was "not an album I can say I took to heart." Buckingham did, however, take to heart some of the slights meted out by Fleetwood in his 1990 tell-all tome, Fleetwood. "I didn't read the whole book," Buckingham says, "but I did skim it, and there were a lot of . . . untruths, shall we say. Mick was basically trying to underplay my contribution, but the thing that really upset me is the incident he describes of the night I left the band. He had this thing in there about me slapping Stevie. I mean, she probably deserved to be slapped. But it never happened that way. I don't know what Mick was talking about."

Thoughts?
Old 10-23-2016, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Basicly, we don't know exactly what happened. Sometimes someone 'deserves to be slapped' but isn't slapped at all. Figure of speech. Maybe, she attacked him, like she has said before, and he responded ugly. We simply don't know, and truely, I don't care.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see Lindsey beating women up exactly, but I believe he could push them around. If Stevie was violent towards him, I can see him responding with equal or excessive force.

His wording here is a bit odd. He's denying without presenting an alternative version of events. According to Stevie and Mick (Christine as well?) this happened, so I don't know how he could claim to have forgotten it. And saying he doesn't know or that she probably deserved it is overly vague for someone who didn't slap anyone IMHO.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hahah classic Lindsey. Wish he would give interviews more. Haven't heard anything from him in forever. Freaking hermit.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
His wording here is a bit odd. He's denying without presenting an alternative version of events. According to Stevie and Mick (Christine as well?) this happened, so I don't know how he could claim to have forgotten it. And saying he doesn't know or that she probably deserved it is overly vague for someone who didn't slap anyone IMHO.
Yes I agree, not just Stevie, Mick and Christine stating it happened...but mostly John inferring strangelation occurred...although who was strangling who is unclear.
Just a terrible choice of words for Lindsey to say I feel in a very public article, that really makes him look bad more than anything.