Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why was she objecting?
She was just rambling. She told Christine that if she had Lindsey sing on Hold Me it was over between them. Over.

You guys have all heard the limo tapes before. They were just high or drunk. Laughing and mumbling.

Michele
Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Social media lackey dug deep for this 'new' quote!!!
Oh, I am sort of disappointed. I wanted them to be thinking along these lines NOW.

Michele
Old 07-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm wondering if anyone has the link or a transcript from the limo convo where Chris talks about Stevie objecting re Hold Me.

And actually, the first Chris/Lindsey 'duo' was World Turning (oddly enough another collaboration that Stevie wasn't happy about). I love that there's been at least one such song on every album: World Turning (white album); Don't Stop (Rumours); Think About Me (Tusk); Hold Me (Mirage); Little Lies (Tango) -- and wasn't this yet another Stevie objection, where Stevie griped and Chris said "we wanted your voice too but you weren't here" and Stevie apologized and they added her voice? (or am I mixing this up from something on Mirage???) Chris and Lindsey partnering up so to speak is a FM tradition.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone did transcribe it for us in the past:

Chris: Anyway, you gotta listen to this it's uh..."
Stevie: of Lindsey singing Hold Me?"
Chris: Lindsey singing Hold Me...
Stevie: I'll never forgive you if you let Lindsey sing one of your songs and not me.
Chris: No, no. The thing is he's gonna sing it, and I'm gonna sing it longer.
Stevie: That's it! It's over!
Chris: No, no, no. Stevie ...
Stevie: You heard (starts singing) "It's over, it's over, it over like it never was before."
Chris: No, Stevie I've got a song for you. You've got a song for me. Lindsey's got a song for me. Lindsey's got a song for you. You have a song for Lindsey.
Stevie:They've got a song for us.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Little Lies (Tango) -- and wasn't this yet another Stevie objection, where Stevie griped and Chris said "we wanted your voice too but you weren't here" and Stevie apologized and they added her voice? (or am I mixing this up from something on Mirage???) Chris and Lindsey partnering up so to speak is a FM tradition.
Stevie may have been complaining she wasn't on Everywhere. But it was definitely a Tango song.

Michele
Old 07-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love this idea too. It shows Chris has new ideas and energy for the new album
BUT
As others have pointed out....this could be an old story from the 1984 interview that I remember once I read it.

I follow Christine McVie on twitter but I suspect like many celebrities it is controlled by a P.R. person. I say this for a few reasons and this quote is one of them. She never re-tweets anything or has any interaction. Last year there was another Christine McVie twitter that was really her and she would pose questions, retweet, and post new photos, etc. This account was taken down I suspect because right after she posted the photo with Joe Walsh from the Eagles concert in London, some people started posted nasty things about Stevie and Joe. After this she stopped posting and it went away.

Just my theory.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I follow Christine McVie on twitter but I suspect like many celebrities it is controlled by a P.R. person. I say this for a few reasons and this quote is one of them. She never re-tweets anything or has any interaction. Last year there was another Christine McVie twitter that was really her and she would pose questions, retweet, and post new photos, etc. This account was taken down I suspect because right after she posted the photo with Joe Walsh from the Eagles concert in London, some people started posted nasty things about Stevie and Joe. After this she stopped posting and it went away.

Just my theory.
I saw a repost from her twitter on Facebook and I was kind of happy because she quoted the "woo me until the sun comes up" and I have to say there's something about that simple lyric that gets to me. It made me happy that Christine repeated that line, like it was one of her favorites too. Now, that it probably wasn't Christine who did that, I am sad again.

No, I am sure you are right that it's a social media person tweeting for her.

Michele
Old 07-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bottom line: posts from "Christine" on Facebook or Twitter are NOT from Christine. They are from "social media lackey." (I like that.) So ... don't believe any of it.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Bottom line: posts from "Christine" on Facebook or Twitter are NOT from Christine. They are from "social media lackey." (I like that.) So ... don't believe any of it.
Agreed.... I believe some of it.. but, it's not her..
Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

SONGWRITER CONNECTION, 1984

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=780&c=2

You’ve done a lot of co-writing for your solo album, but there hasn’t been a lot of co-writing among the members of Fleetwood Mac.

CM: It might be an interesting thing to do for the next Fleetwood Mac record…to write a song for Lindsey to sing or vice versa…or for Stevie to write a song for me and see what would happen. Or as you say to co-write a bit more. That would be an interesting direction to go in. We’re going to try and do something different this time, and away from even what we expect to do. We haven’t really formed any concrete plan at the moment, but whatever it is, it’s going to have a twist.
Thank you! I was just about to cite this interview, since I remember it the first time out. She was talking about the band making Tango.

Hey, if she still wants to do it, great, anything to get a friggin album out.

Also, as commercial as the song Say You Will is, I can't imagine Christine singing it. It doesn't fit with her voice. The "joke" post about Christine singing Blue Denim actually is more plausible. She could do a lot with that song.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Someone did transcribe it for us in the past:

Chris: Anyway, you gotta listen to this it's uh..."
Stevie: of Lindsey singing Hold Me?"
Chris: Lindsey singing Hold Me...
Stevie: I'll never forgive you if you let Lindsey sing one of your songs and not me.
Chris: No, no. The thing is he's gonna sing it, and I'm gonna sing it longer.
Stevie: That's it! It's over!
Chris: No, no, no. Stevie ...
Stevie: You heard (starts singing) "It's over, it's over, it over like it never was before."
Chris: No, Stevie I've got a song for you. You've got a song for me. Lindsey's got a song for me. Lindsey's got a song for you. You have a song for Lindsey.
Stevie:They've got a song for us.
And this isn't the first time Christine had Lindsey sing on one of her songs. Don't Stop, Think About Me. He took over the vocal for You and I Part II, which was originally sung by Christine. Stevie had him sing Crystal and share the vocal on I Don't Wanna Know. As far as I know, these acts have never been returned.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And this isn't the first time Christine had Lindsey sing on one of her songs. Don't Stop, Think About Me. He took over the vocal for You and I Part II, which was originally sung by Christine. Stevie had him sing Crystal and share the vocal on I Don't Wanna Know. As far as I know, these acts have never been returned.
To entice Stevie to sing on the EP, he tried to present songs that she'd want to sing on to her. He tried to make songs that he thought would appeal to her and her vocal stylings. He may not have been successful, but that was his goal.

Michele
Old 07-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Registered

Quote:

SONGWRITER CONNECTION, 1984

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=780&c=2

You’ve done a lot of co-writing for your solo album, but there hasn’t been a lot of co-writing among the members of Fleetwood Mac.

CM: It might be an interesting thing to do for the next Fleetwood Mac record…to write a song for Lindsey to sing or vice versa…or for Stevie to write a song for me and see what would happen. Or as you say to co-write a bit more. That would be an interesting direction to go in. We’re going to try and do something different this time, and away from even what we expect to do. We haven’t really formed any concrete plan at the moment, but whatever it is, it’s going to have a twist.
Thanks for finding this. I'm disappointed. I'm ready to think we aren't getting a new album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Exactly, I don't like how they have been lying to us about this.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Thank you! I was just about to cite this interview, since I remember it the first time out. She was talking about the band making Tango.

Hey, if she still wants to do it, great, anything to get a friggin album out.

Also, as commercial as the song Say You Will is, I can't imagine Christine singing it. It doesn't fit with her voice. The "joke" post about Christine singing Blue Denim actually is more plausible. She could do a lot with that song.
I can't hear Christine on "Say You Will" either and I don't think Stevie was trying to cop Christine's style I think she was just trying to write something catchy.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I can't hear Christine on "Say You Will" either and I don't think Stevie was trying to cop Christine's style I think she was just trying to write something catchy.
Stevie - "Is it commercial? I pray to the commercial Gods!"