Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine singing "Dreams"

I just read a Reno review on Nicksfix and the person had commented on Lindsey's singing the verse of "Goodbye Baby" when Stevie could not. The person compared it to the time when Christine sang "Dreams." When did this happen and why? I've never heard of anyone singing anyone else's songs...

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 08-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think there was also a show during the Dance tour when Lindsey sang the last line or two from Silver Springs because the emotion of the song got to her.. I don't know anything about Dreams though
Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yup, the reviewer on Nicksfix talked about LB finishing SS during the Dance...but this Dreams thing really intrigues me!

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 08-06-2003, 11:38 AM
joe

the only time i remember Christine singing "Dreams" was during a (or some) Rumours rehearsal....she also sang "Rhiannon"....she also sang the same songs during a/some of the Mirage tour rehearsals plus "Gypsy" and "Straight Back"....

I don't know if she ever did it during an actual concert.

Lindsey also had to sing a few verses of "Sisters of the Moon" on the Mirage video....i don't know if he "had" to or if they planned it that way though.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I have it on a cd that is a Mirage concert rehersal I think. It's pretty bland though, nothing exciting at all. I'm sure she never did it in concert, only for when the band was rehersing without Stevie.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
Yeah, I have it on a cd that is a Mirage concert rehersal I think. It's pretty bland though, nothing exciting at all. I'm sure she never did it in concert, only for when the band was rehersing without Stevie.
I have this also. It's interesting, only because it isn't Stevie singing.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The best part of that CD, if it's the same one I have, is Sara. Stevie stops the song in the middle and bitches at Lindsey and Christine for not singing back up vocals. She's like, "Well I can't hear any back up vocals, and that's because you're NOT SINGING!" It just stikes me as funny.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The best part of that CD, if it's the same one I have, is Sara. Stevie stops the song in the middle and bitches at Lindsey and Christine for not singing back up vocals. She's like, "Well I can't hear any back up vocals, and that's because you're NOT SINGING!" It just stikes me as funny.
MEOW! :: pounce:: thanks for that, I don't have that CD so that's new to me~
Old 08-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reeeeeaaaarrrr Someone gets bitchy when things don't go her way!

(If you f*ck with my songs, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!)

Old 08-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Mmm...it's been years since I've listened to it. I don't recall what you're saying, but I'll check it out tonight. I think Hold Me is interesting, and certainly not like the album version.

For the life of me, I can't find my Mirage outtakes CD with the great demo of Smile At You. If only they were able to get that same rage out of Stevie on the SYW cut, it would've been a great song!
Old 08-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this was just a rehearsal thing when Stevie wasn't around. It was nothing to write home about. Just imagine Chris' voice doing Dreams...nothing was bad about it, but nothing exciting here.

Lindsey finished Silver Springs in Atlantic City in '97 and apparently did a part in Goodbye Baby in Reno a few days ago. As for SOTM during the Mirage Tour, that was planned that way. Lindsey did that line "Some call her sister of the moon, some say illusion is her game, I'd like to wrap her in velvet, does anyone, know her name?" during the entire tour, I believe. I think he also sang that line on the Baton Rouge '78 version of Sisters too. I'm not positive, but I don't think he sang that part on the Tusk tour. I can't remember and all my old Tusk tour MP3's are gone when my old PC crashed.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ericktul
I think Hold Me is interesting, and certainly not like the album version.
Not so much the rehearsal version (although the three of them singing slow in the beginning is cool) but I really like the live version that gets circulated as part of the Shine Angel CD (Oakland, CA, 1982)! It's NOT the same as the album, but I think they sound like they're having so much fun on it! Especially at the end. I've heard people say it doesn't work live, but I don't agree. It's just different, and I think in some ways it's better! Christine's piano sounds so much more pure for some reason.

Incidently, there's also a rehersal version of Christine singing Rhiannon and Gypsy as well. Guess Stevie had a hard time getting to rehearsals...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 08-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar
Not so much the rehearsal version (although the three of them singing slow in the beginning is cool) but I really like the live version that gets circulated as part of the Shine Angel CD (Oakland, CA, 1982)! It's NOT the same as the album, but I think they sound like they're having so much fun on it! Especially at the end. I've heard people say it doesn't work live, but I don't agree. It's just different, and I think in some ways it's better! Christine's piano sounds so much more pure for some reason.
By any chance, is this the "Hold Me" where in the beginning Lindsey makes some odd noise "Hiyooo"...and then Chris is laughing about something. Then Linds goes into one of his canned speeches "This is the...this is uh...was the uh... first single off the Mirage album...it's one of my favorites...one of Chris'...it's called Hold Me!"

I've had this downloaded since the Audiogalaxy days with no idea what show it was!

By the way, I LOVE live "Hold Me!" "Hold me, hold me, yeahhhhh" was great! My favorite Mac songs have always been Chris/Lindsey colaborations.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar
Incidently, there's also a rehersal version of Christine singing Rhiannon and Gypsy as well. Guess Stevie had a hard time getting to rehearsals...
Okay, so by any chance did Chris let loose and get all Stevie-esque on the end of Rhiannon? That song was still rocking back during the Mirage days...I jsut can't imagine Christine McVie doing the "I don't change, you don't change, it's all the saaaaaaaame - RHIANNONNNNNNNN..." at all. But I would pay good money to hear it!
Old 08-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I'd laugh if I ever heard Chris singing GDW or SOTM with that sunny voice.

I remember seeing a CD advertised on ebay last year with Chris singing lead on Dreams, supposedly.

- Jake