Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:41 AM
Registered

Default Silver Springs live performance question

I enjoy trundling around YouTube to see videos of the Mac and its various members performing live. One of my favorites is "Silver Springs" - it's such an intense song and often gets me all teary-eyed from the hurt and anger that somehow manages to be tender at the same time.

So, with that in mind, this video intrigues me:

Is it just me, or is the ending of this performance more unnerving than it is anything else, specifically in regards to LB's actions? We see Stevie turning to LB during the final moments of the song, as usual, but then we see Stevie dragging the mic stand back rather quickly while she sings, and eventually LB appears in the frame and gets all up in her grill. It strikes me as pretty aggressive, almost threatening, and the way he gestures with his hands at her looks mocking to me. I wish I could see what Lindsey's doing when Stevie starts backing away like that - is he chasing her down? Trying to intimidate her?

I know there have been incidents where LB jackassed around a lot - singing out of tune on purpose, mocking Stevie's dancing while on stage, and kicking her on stage that one time, too, so I'm curious if what I am seeing in this video is some kind of throwback to the old days.

What does it look like to y'all? Was anyone at this show that can shed a little more light on what's going on outside of the frame?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I think Lindsey did this at more than one show. It's kinda like the SYW guitar solo where she would walk up to him and they'd stare at one another. Just a bit of theatrics. In this video it's really hard to tell, but it looks to me like Lindsey is smiling most of the time. The arm up motion at the end is like "Oh well...yes I could've been your Silver Spring."
Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
and eventually LB appears in the frame and gets all up in her grill. It strikes me as pretty aggressive, almost threatening, and the way he gestures with his hands at her looks mocking to me. I wish I could see what Lindsey's doing when Stevie starts backing away like that - is he chasing her down? Trying to intimidate her?

What does it look like to y'all? Was anyone at this show that can shed a little more light on what's going on outside of the frame?
From the videos I've seen, that was their standard Silver Springs performance on The Dance tour. In this one, they touch foreheads and at the end when he holds his hand up, Stevie turns back to the audience with a smile.

It's all good. There used to be one on youtube of the Landover show where they kissed at the end, so take that for what's it worth.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was really mad at Stevie that day. He's trying to beat her up. He doesn't think that the other 20,000 people in the room can see anything.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

They were together on this tour, so no, I would have to say they were just being playful.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As Silver Springs progressed over the tour, Lindsey chased Stevie across the stage. He didn't actually "chase her', because he wasn't trying to catch her really, but when he would move in her direction, she would back up and go towards John, to the point where she was halfway across the stage by the time the tour ended. It was part of their routine.

I actually liked their live versions of SS a lot better than what we got on the Dance dvd that everyone liked so much.

Now, one time when he did chase her was at the end of the Dance tour. He'd go over and touch heads with Christine and then he would put his arm around John and then he'd go over to Stevie and he'd put his head in her neck, but at the end of the tour, she moved from her side of the stage and was not in her position when he went to nuzzle her neck, so he chased her to the other side of the stage and when he caught her, he kissed her.

Michele
Old 09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I actually liked their live versions of SS a lot better than what we got on the Dance dvd that everyone liked so much.

It's just that THAT version on the DVD sounds so superior to every other live one.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lindsey was really mad at Stevie that day. He's trying to beat her up. He doesn't think that the other 20,000 people in the room can see anything.
All right, smartass.

Thanks for the different perspectives, guys - I know that the little things they do, like the shadow-boxing during the SYW performances of "Tusk," are mostly just for show, but I hadn't seen that mic stand dragging thing prior to running across this video, so I thought, hmm, what's that all about?

Plus I like hearing how other fans see things - asking opinions of friends & family doesn't do any good, because they are like, "Who cares? Shut up."

I'm an LB fan, as well, but he strikes me as perhaps being sort of... unpleasant...at times.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''