User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
PLUS a Rock a Little tour where Stevie's sober! I would be so happy to hear Stevie sing I Can't Wait live. She's said in the past the song is too hard to perform live, but if she were sober, I she could nail it.
Oh how boring! The whole fun of Rock a Little is how she bellowed, barked, and roared her vocals while whirling like a dervish. I hope she NEVER tries to sing ICW on stage again, modern Stevie with her phlegmy clicking sinus voice would never be able to do it anyway. Best to leave these things as good memories. Let her tell stories instead, she seemed to enjoy it and it doesn't require much effort.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Oh how boring! The whole fun of Rock a Little is how she bellowed, barked, and roared her vocals while whirling like a dervish. I hope she NEVER tries to sing ICW on stage again, modern Stevie with her phlegmy clicking sinus voice would never be able to do it anyway. Best to leave these things as good memories. Let her tell stories instead, she seemed to enjoy it and it doesn't require much effort.
I know she catches flack for it on the Rumous forum, but I like the stories. Yeah, they're self-indulgent, but I find them entertaining. Like it's my crazy aunt up there telling stories about the good old days. The Enchanted tour was my favorite because she did a little of that and shook the set list up. I didn't get to see the 24K Gold tour because the locations didn't work for me, but I followed it online/caught some of it on YouTube and I was entertained. Her singing voice isn't what it used to be, so go ahead and tell some stories between songs...or instead of songs...whatever. She's going to be 70 years old and should do whatever the heck she wants.

That said, a Rock a Little Redux tour with Mike Campbell (in reality I think the odds of her doing this are zero) would intrigue me simply because for some reason I really love the song Imperial Hotel. I dunno why. She's probably never done it live, but my love of that song would like to see it. Though her voice wouldn't sing it like the RAL version of Stevie, so as you say it's probably best to leave these things in the past.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post

That said, a Rock a Little Redux tour with Mike Campbell (in reality I think the odds of her doing this are zero) would intrigue me simply because for some reason I really love the song Imperial Hotel. I dunno why. She's probably never done it live, but my love of that song would like to see it. Though her voice wouldn't sing it like the RAL version of Stevie, so as you say it's probably best to leave these things in the past.
i would love if she did the whole RAL album live
because i love Imperial Hotel too
it seems to be a very under-appreciated song
though i like more of the outtakes than the actual album versions
Old 05-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
I like Imperial Hotel a lot, too! Someone once posted that Sister Honey would be a great show opener, and even though that song is not a favorite of mine by any means, I have to agree that would be a great way to open a show. Talk to Me, I Can't Wait, Has Anyone Ever, Imperial Hotel, The Nightmare, and No Spoken Word would all be interesting to hear live again or for the first time. Throw in some demos or outtakes and I would so be there!
Old 05-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love imperial Hotel! I think of it as one of her “crazy, nonsense songs” like Thousand Days and Mabel Normand. Love those too. Almost like run-on sentences. In an interview on the last tour she said something like she did not do Mabel Normand because it is the kind of song that could be ruined if you miss one beat and throw everything else off. I wonder if that is why she has not done Imperial Hotel live too.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love "Imperial Hotel" and "Sister Honey" from RAL. Also love "Kick It", so I'm fine with Mike Campbell making new songs with Stevie.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do think she will record more music. Some of you might enjoy this interview with Benmont Tench (another Heartbreaker). He has had an amazing life and has been a musician since about age 11. But if you don't have patience to listen, jump up to the part at the 38 minute mark.

It's a bit refreshing.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
At this point, I'd like her to focus on continuing to release deluxe re-issues of her back catalog. We got "Belladonna" and "Wild Heart," now I'd really like to get a remastered "Rock a Little" and "The Other Side of the Mirror", especially RAL because there are so many great demos she did then that I would die to have cleaned-up versions of. Also a complete release of the RAL tour, but I know I'm pushing it.
This is my preference, honestly. She relishes living in the past - not a dig, just an observation - so I think she'd be more comfortable spending a few weeks/months delving back into the archives for these albums than she would spending a year writing new music.

And obviously that would lead to some more deep tracks played live, which is really what I'm after.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
This is my preference, honestly. She relishes living in the past - not a dig, just an observation - so I think she'd be more comfortable spending a few weeks/months delving back into the archives for these albums than she would spending a year writing new music.

And obviously that would lead to some more deep tracks played live, which is really what I'm after.
She does love living in the past. She did an album of old demos and then only played three of them on the resulting tour. So she is not even big on "new old" music.
That said, I do think she will most definitely record a new studio solo album. I think it will be about 50/50 old unreleased demos and new co-written songs, done with Mike Campbell, Dave Stewart or Dave Grohl, or hell, even Waddy Wachtel. Maybe she will title the new release My Mother's Rings after the song by that name.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She does love living in the past. She did an album of old demos and then only played three of them on the resulting tour. So she is not even big on "new old" music.
That said, I do think she will most definitely record a new studio solo album. I think it will be about 50/50 old unreleased demos and new co-written songs, done with Mike Campbell, Dave Stewart or Dave Grohl, or hell, even Waddy Wachtel. Maybe she will title the new release My Mother's Rings after the song by that name.
Stevie played 5 songs from "24KG" on the tour in Sunrise Florida.
She also played "Moonlight" from "IYD," "Crying in the night," from Buckingham Nicks, and played a combo of "The Wild Heart/Bella Donna."
I would say she is very big on "Old New Music," and archived music not ever played before "Live," and the crowd response at the 15,000 sold out show at the BB&T Center in Florida was amazing.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:19 PM
pryderi
This message has been deleted by pryderi.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she'll record again, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if her next recording is with the "new" Fleetwood Mac. I wouldn't have thought so if it hadn't been mentioned in that Today interview, but evidently the idea has been tossed around.

There's something to be said for a recording artist (especially one as prolific as Stevie) looking back over her oeuvre once she reaches a certain age. I'd certainly love deluxe versions of RAL and OSOTM, and another Songs from the Vault album.

Also, I'd love to hear her do I Can't Wait. Or any of those mid-late '80s songs that she hasn't touched in decades. I don't need for them to sound the way they did in 1986. It would be interesting to me to hear them perhaps slightly re-tooled in a way that fits her current vocal range.

Last edited by markolas; 05-15-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she'll record again, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if her next recording is with the "new" Fleetwood Mac. I wouldn't have thought so if it hadn't been mentioned in that Today interview, but evidently the idea has been tossed around.

There's something to be said for a recording artist (especially one as prolific as Stevie) looking back over her oeuvre once she reaches a certain age. I'd certainly love deluxe versions of RAL and OSOTM, and another Songs from the Vault album.
I'd like deluxe versions of RAL and OSOTM, and another 'Songs from the Vault," as well. Especially RAL as there are so many unreleased, finished and produced tracks.
But recording with the "new" FM?
No! I do NOT want that.
In my opinion, FM should have disbanded once they dismissed Lindsey.
They cannot reinvent the band in the sunset of the band.
No matter how awesome Mike and Neil are, it's no longer Fleetwood Mac, in my eyes.
Combining Mac and Stevie solo tours, I've seen them 36 times.
I remember being open about Rick and Billy joining the first time Lindsey left. But it just didn't feel like true FM.
I cannot even listen to BTM now. It's stale.
But now, they should break up.
This will be the first tour I will not buy tickets for.
I'd rather wait for the next Nicks solo tour.
Buckingham Nicks is essential for me when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I'd like deluxe versions of RAL and OSOTM, and another 'Songs from the Vault," as well. Especially RAL as there are so many unreleased, finished and produced tracks.
No! I do NOT want that.
They cannot reinvent the band in the sunset of the band.
No matter how awesome Mike and Neil are, it's no longer Fleetwood Mac, in my eyes.
Combining Mac and Stevie solo tours, I've seen them 36 times.
I remember being open about Rick and Billy joining the first time Lindsey left. But it just didn't feel like true FM.
I cannot even listen to BTM now. It's stale.
But now, they should break up.
This will be the first tour I will not buy tickets for.
I'd rather wait for the next Nicks solo tour.
Buckingham Nicks is essential for me when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.
I agree with you. I can’t see this iteration of the band. This is not to say Mike and Neil aren’t talented musicians but.... I could likely see her solo again, and would see LB solo, but until/unless the Rumours 5 grow up, I’ve seen my last FM concert
Old 05-15-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
No! I do NOT want that.
I felt that way at first, but...

I tend to give artists a LOT of leeway to do what they want, and if the rest of the band feels like there's a creative spark with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell, then I'm interested in hearing what they've got, partly out of sheer curiosity. I was not very familiar with Neil Finn or Crowded House (aside from CH's two major hits), but I've listened to their first two albums recently, and I like his voice and I like their music.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not wild about how her voice sounds nowadays. If it makes everyone else happy, then sure why not. Knock yourself out. But if it's just going to be triggering for her and she's going to be all "no one's going to buy this record because the internet killed the music business" then for her sake no. I probably won't buy it, I'd rather remember her the way she was.
If she writes a book, or launches a line of perfumes or candles, etc then I'd be very happy to support those ventures.