Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I would be surprised if Mick sold 20,000 copies of "Something Big." It's not exactly an album that would get a lot of promotion or be easily found at the local Wal-Mart.

I had a hard time finding it in record stores in New York City.

The clerks are like 'Do you mean Fleetwood Mac'? NO DUH!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:34 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I'm one of the ones who heard those very words come out of Lindsey's mouth. Live and in person.
And I'm still skeptical.
But, like Fox Mulder...
I want to believe...

I'm saving vacation and will start saving money this week.
(Can someone give him a non-perfectionist's pill or something, just to make sure?)

He did say that he was going to tour, right? I just want to make sure that I was not dreaming.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
Back to this thread's topic: I would love to hear a new solo album from Lindsey this year. I would love to see Lindsey perform this year (he'd have to come back to his stomping grounds, wouldn't he?). I don't know that it will actually happen, though.
I don't think Lindsey planned on touring very much when he originally was going to release his solo album. But now that the Say You Will Tour was such a success (and it seemed that he had so much fun with it) that he'll work out something and get a tour going. I'd love to see Mick and John back him up doing his solo work. I think there's so much of his song library that deserves to be played on stage but he never got a chance to. I mean, imagine working on an album for 10+ years, then only getting to do 3 new ones live. I'm hoping he tours, but can't hold my breath...

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 01-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The fact that he said he's writing new songs is definitely a good thing... and, yet, it also concerns me.

It seems to me, based on past history, that we'd have a better chance of getting a new album sometime within 2005, if he had simply fine-tuned the remaining 'Gift Of Screws' tracks and released those.

Given Lindsey's tendency to tinker for years (and decades) at a time, his working on new songs could definitely put this project's release date in the "to be announced" category for quite a while.

But I'm itching for some new L.B. music, so I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-02-2005 at 04:57 PM..
Old 01-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow a whole 3 senteces! Talk about spontinaety! Yeah I know I probably spelt that wrong. Sorry I'm feeling extra bitter today. Good to know that his solo album might just come out. I'm still waiting for my special order of Law & Order to come in though.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Just wanted to say..

HUGE thanks to everyone for being so positive!!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
HUGE thanks to everyone for being so positive!!
LOL was that a sarcastic reply to my post?
Old 01-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely adore and love Lindsey but I also know him. I came to the Penguin in 1995!!! loking for news of the then "new" album from Lindsey-that would have been GOS. So we get Say You Will in 2003! that is legally. A lot of us have GOS boots but even that was what 2000, 2001?

He can't help himself I guess. He wants the music to be perfect. It's part of who he is, and I certainly wouldn't want him to be different.

On the other hand, just a tad sooner, Lindsey? Please?

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 01-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Sarcastic...yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala
LOL was that a sarcastic reply to my post?
Yes, I was being sarcastic, in response to most of this thread. I wasn't singling anyone out.

I know everyone has been "burned" in the past, but I'm excited about this news and reading this thread has been mostly a downer. That's all.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Yes, I was being sarcastic, in response to most of this thread. I wasn't singling anyone out.

I know everyone has been "burned" in the past, but I'm excited about this news and reading this thread has been mostly a downer. That's all.
To be honest, I don't think it will be very long before an album comes out. I get the feeling that he got a real kick in the pants recently and will actually release soemthing. Methinks he realized what he was missing out on by doing nothing.

Old 01-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb See...

I am hoping that Lindsey saw how much love is out there for him, by meeting us Ledgies, either in person, front row, signs, etc. Perhaps, by touring, he feels that he's gained some fans that didn't really know or pay attention to him before. The timing just feels right, IMO.

I don't know...I DO know that I'm excited.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
He did say that he was going to tour, right? I just want to make sure that I was not dreaming.
Let's see...you were the one who asked about touring, right? Or about Soundstage? In either case, that whole conversation seemed to merge together.
He kind of smiled and said something to the effect that he supposed he would have to go out in support of his Soundstage experience. He was kind of cute and cagey. I seem to remember something about the Spring of this year...but whether that's the Soundstage airing or the tour or both, I don't remember.

You know, I swore I would remember every darned word but I just got too excited. Still, although I don't remember the exact words, I think it was more than implied--I think it was stated, because I do remember everyone talking about it later and there were a lot of "I told you so"s and "Now, do you believe it, since it came right from his own mouth?" headed in my direction. I was really very, very much the doubtful Thomasina of the group on that score.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well one good thing...

about it being 2005 is that now we wont have to wait long to see the Lindsey Buckingham episode of PBS' "Soundstage"!!!

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Let's see...you were the one who asked about touring, right? Or about Soundstage? In either case, that whole conversation seemed to merge together.
He kind of smiled and said something to the effect that he supposed he would have to go out in support of his Soundstage experience. He was kind of cute and cagey. I seem to remember something about the Spring of this year...but whether that's the Soundstage airing or the tour or both, I don't remember.

You know, I swore I would remember every darned word but I just got too excited. Still, although I don't remember the exact words, I think it was more than implied--I think it was stated, because I do remember everyone talking about it later and there were a lot of "I told you so"s and "Now, do you believe it, since it came right from his own mouth?" headed in my direction. I was really very, very much the doubtful Thomasina of the group on that score.

I did ask about Soundstage and I was a bit forward. After I asked him my brain went "Oh my God I can't believe you had the nerve to ask him." That is when he said that it had not been edited yet and that the next series of Soundstage started in April but he never said when his Soundstage was going to air.

Sometime after that I remember our small group cheering about a LB solo album and tour. I somehow missed my chance to bust him and tell him that he has to play Providence. It all happened so fast.

I also heard rumours of a Mac spring or summer tour so I don't know what to think. I just hope to get to see Lindsey in some shape or form.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:32 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
This message has been deleted by ReFleetwoodMac.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
Are we to assume he's still going to call it Gift Of Screws? Or do you think there's a chance he'll change it?
Well, I think that Lindsey knows that those tracks are floating around online, so with that + the immense time difference from when they were actually recorded, I feel (and hope) that he's actually working on getting something out there which is mostly new.

PS - Bobo... Great avatar pic!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 01-03-2005 at 07:33 AM..