Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You and I

I'm still a bit confused about what will be on the Tango deluxe set. I thought the " Full version" of You and I was part 1&2? After ready the guardian review it appears that You and I pt 1( Big Love b-side) will not be included which to me is a bit odd.The description of the track on the outtakes cd sounds intresting but..... I really dig the b- side. Anybody have any Intel on this?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is a bit confusing, but as you say, the track listing says 'You And I Part 1 & 2 Full Version', so I'm expecting a track where part 1 leads into part 2. The review describes it like this:

'You and I, four minutes longer and packed with gorgeous vocal harmonies and dreamy atmospherics, curiously excised from the album.'

That sounds very like Part 1 to me. So I think we 're safe to expect that wonderful B-side - probably flowing into what we know as Part 2.

We'll find out soon...
Old 03-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
It is a bit confusing, but as you say, the track listing says 'You And I Part 1 & 2 Full Version', so I'm expecting a track where part 1 leads into part 2. The review describes it like this:

'You and I, four minutes longer and packed with gorgeous vocal harmonies and dreamy atmospherics, curiously excised from the album.'

That sounds very like Part 1 to me. So I think we 're safe to expect that wonderful B-side - probably flowing into what we know as Part 2.

We'll find out soon...
That's what I'm hoping for.......I sure wish we had a couple more samples prior to next weeks release.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The little promo video says "You and I part I and II full version" and on iTunes the song is 6.27 minutes long so I'm sure they mashed the two together.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone else been scratching their heads about why they would do this? From the moment I saw the tracklist, I've been curious about who's call it was, and that if the band had any involvement and it was in fact their decision, if perhaps at some point in the assembling of Tango they had intended Part I to flow into II..?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Ledgie

Yeah, I find it kinda strange too. If I remember right, "You and I, Part I" was supposed to open "Tango" and "You and I, Part II" would book end it by closing it. Either way, I'm still quite intrigued.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm planning on editing the track in iTunes to stop at the end of Part I, its always been one of my favorite mac songs, and it deserves to stand on its own!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I adore "You & I" Part 1 but always thought it ended on a slightly abrupt note. Maybe the version we know was edited for inclusion on the b-side of "Big Love"? Perhaps what we will hear is how it was originally envisioned with what I assume to be a slightly different version of Part 2?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Furthermore, imagine if this version of Part 2 featured Christine's vocal, as per what was previously circulating as "Eyes Shut Tight"?
Old 03-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

I loooove the Eyes Shut Tight demo. Her voice suits the song so well. Wish she had sung on it for the album version. Mash Part 1 with Lindsey and Part 2 with Christine you'd have a very interesting track to go out on.

Poor Stevie is left out though
Old 03-27-2017, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

have others heard this version with Mick and Chris? Somehow it was new to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh6J0BZVuho

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-27-2017 at 09:33 PM..
Old 03-27-2017, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I loooove the Eyes Shut Tight demo. Her voice suits the song so well. Wish she had sung on it for the album version. Mash Part 1 with Lindsey and Part 2 with Christine you'd have a very interesting track to go out on.

Poor Stevie is left out though
Poor Stevie is left out because she couldn't get her coked out ass into the studio. Apparently she still can't . She just now cares about money and adoring fans. Much like Trump still goes to rallys for an adulation fix, so does she. Used to love her....times have changed.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Poor Stevie is left out because she couldn't get her coked out ass into the studio. Apparently she still can't . She just now cares about money and adoring fans. Much like Trump still goes to rallys for an adulation fix, so does she. Used to love her....times have changed.
Good god how times have changed!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain
Well said! I'm in total agreement with you.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

Why are we bringing politics into this? Maybe the adulation is Stevie's passion in life. She has earned it and she deserves it.