User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by priestofnothing View Post
I got a crescent moon from Kelly, it's fantastic. I had a pyramid made for my Mother at a local jeweler back in the mid 90's. She wore it everyday until the day she died. Now I wear it.

Here is a discussion about Stevie's famous "3" necklace too. I haven't seen it on her since the 80's though.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14433
thanks for this link!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

I happened upon this while browsing and I wanted to say a hearty and warm thanks to all of you for your kudos!

As a quick side, the price of sterling silver has gone up so I've had to increase my costs a bit, however, I didn't sacrifice quality. I know the cuffs and what not appear to be high but it's all a labor of love. If I can answer any questions, I'm happy to do so!

Last edited by Starling; 06-02-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i completely agree that camias designs is the best place to get the crescent moon necklace. i don't have the pyramid but i got my first moon about 5 years ago. i ended up leaving it in an hotel room in august last year and i cried. no, really. anyway, my one my best friends got me another one for christmas and i feel complete again. it's my most simple piece of jewelry but the one i get the most compliments on. you won't be disappointed
Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Henri David was the designer who made 'Wild Heart' jewelery (rings, pendants, bracelets, etc.) for Stevie:

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/my...y_henri_david/

Some of the rings he made used to be sold at 'Silver Spring Emporium' (Stevie's mother's shop in Arizona).

I'm wearing mine right now.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding the meaning behind the jewelry. I agree w/ the first mention that the pyramid and moon mean diff things to diff people. For Stevie, I think at the time she began wearing them, it was the 70's and tarot/metaphysical/astrology were very popular. I think that Stevie maybe got the idea for the moon and pyramid, related to those above aspects somehow. Maybe her moon was in some house, and she thought that was cool. lol. The moon in all it's stages is very powerful. Same goes w/ the pyramid. Its a popular image of high power. But maybe just search the terms crescent moon and pyramid, and see if any of the reasons are important to you.
Then, don't forget your necklace w/ a teddy bear on it. The teddy bear was a hugely popular statement between fellow rock stars (like a secret handshake) that......oh nevermind, it's a secret.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
Regarding the meaning behind the jewelry. I agree w/ the first mention that the pyramid and moon mean diff things to diff people. For Stevie, I think at the time she began wearing them, it was the 70's and tarot/metaphysical/astrology were very popular. I think that Stevie maybe got the idea for the moon and pyramid, related to those above aspects somehow. Maybe her moon was in some house, and she thought that was cool. lol. The moon in all it's stages is very powerful. Same goes w/ the pyramid. Its a popular image of high power. But maybe just search the terms crescent moon and pyramid, and see if any of the reasons are important to you.
Then, don't forget your necklace w/ a teddy bear on it. The teddy bear was a hugely popular statement between fellow rock stars (like a secret handshake) that......oh nevermind, it's a secret.
thanks for reminding me. i have to stop at the jewlers this saturday!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Henri David was the designer who made 'Wild Heart' jewelery (rings, pendants, bracelets, etc.) for Stevie:

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/my...y_henri_david/

Some of the rings he made used to be sold at 'Silver Spring Emporium' (Stevie's mother's shop in Arizona).

I'm wearing mine right now.
ok seriously..................i clicked on the link, but the pic of him attached made me x right out of the article!!!!! wtf!?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a necklace similar to the second to last one! It's a locket. My chain isn't as long, either. I guess it came in different lengths? Too bad, I like the longer one better.

Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I have a necklace similar to the second to last one! It's a locket. My chain isn't as long, either. I guess it came in different lengths? Too bad, I like the longer one better.

Yeah, my bestfriend found one shopping at Brandy & Melville that's even better than those and I practically made her buy it. I'll snatch it when I can!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
This peaked an interest... Does anyone have any insight into the teddy bear symbolism? I love the pic of Stevie with her hair very curly (I beleive a Sam Emerson shoot).
Old 01-28-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
This peaked an interest... Does anyone have any insight into the teddy bear symbolism? I love the pic of Stevie with her hair very curly (I beleive a Sam Emerson shoot).
About the teddy bear, I wondered that too.
I love that shoot too but I don't know who took it, I only know it's a 1977 shoot.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-28-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Old 01-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
I've never heard of it. But I'm guessing it went something like this;
Drug dealers used to smuggle cocaine and other substances inside teddy bears.Therefore it probably meant that you did coke. Or you had
'connections'.

Just a guess. I could be wrong.