Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
Do you like balls? Ask him about about his balls?
I like your style, Dan.

Personally, M&G's seem kind of like a "why bother?" situation. Apart from the chance that I may just genuinely find I dislike the person, I'm basically 100% sure that they're not going to be interested in pursuing a continuing friendship with me, so I've never really seen the point.

But I think Mick is probably very good at these things and good at handling nervous/unsure people. I wouldn't worry too much about not being sure what to say. He'll be on the case.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I like your style, Dan.

Personally, M&G's seem kind of like a "why bother?" situation. Apart from the chance that I may just genuinely find I dislike the person, I'm basically 100% sure that they're not going to be interested in pursuing a continuing friendship with me, so I've never really seen the point.

But I think Mick is probably very good at these things and good at handling nervous/unsure people. I wouldn't worry too much about not being sure what to say. He'll be on the case.
do you really pursue friendship with everyone you meet?

sometimes the fun is just in the interactions, without having any ulterior motives behind them. you know, life is a series of little moments, enjoy the journey not necessarily the result kind of thing.

plus there are so many questions that people throw out here that we'd like to know, so why not use the opportunity to ask some of them?

that said, i would have never done m&g with Mick if it was not accompanied with the great tickets. conversely, i would have done m&gs with Lindsey just because i really wanted to. plus i enjoy bugging him, and he's actually really pleasant and genuine to talk to.

in general though, yeah, i don't have much interest in meeting celebrities. there are people who you see having a picture taken, or an autograph, of every celebrity under the sun, it seems. Lindsey and maybe a handful of others are exceptions for me (although i still am not interested in anybody's autographs ).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
do you really pursue friendship with everyone you meet?

sometimes the fun is just in the interactions, without having any ulterior motives behind them. you know, life is a series of little moments, enjoy the journey not necessarily the result kind of thing.

plus there are so many questions that people throw out here that we'd like to know, so why not use the opportunity to ask some of them?
You make a lot of sense as ever, elle. I need to go into self-reflexive mode here. I certainly don't pursue friendship with everyone I meet, but if I go out of my way to intentionally meet a particular person, it is usually with the idea that I might like to get to know them better in an ongoing way. I don't usually find first/only meetings terribly rewarding. I do enjoy them, but if it's something that I've personally orchestrated, I think I do want more out of it. Maybe that's wrong-headed of me. Probably. Although I think "alterior motives" is rather harsh wording.

But I was oversimplifying my reasons for not being into the whole m&g scene. And in terms of asking questions, I'm not at my most eloquent in an off-the-cuff session with a total stranger. I prefer more impersonal q+a or interview sessions for that.

Looking back, what it all really boils down to, I think, is: I might just be the teensiest bit shy.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You make a lot of sense as ever, elle. I need to go into self-reflexive mode here. I certainly don't pursue friendship with everyone I meet, but if I go out of my way to intentionally meet a particular person, it is usually with the idea that I might like to get to know them better in an ongoing way. I don't usually find first/only meetings terribly rewarding. I do enjoy them, but if it's something that I've personally orchestrated, I think I do want more out of it. Maybe that's wrong-headed of me. Probably. Although I think "alterior motives" is rather harsh wording.

But I was oversimplifying my reasons for not being into the whole m&g scene. And in terms of asking questions, I'm not at my most eloquent in an off-the-cuff session with a total stranger. I prefer more impersonal q+a or interview sessions for that.

Looking back, what it all really boils down to, I think, is: I might just be the teensiest bit shy.
That's perfect for the Mick meet and greets though because you are in a big group and the only one on one time you have is when you have your picture taken with him. Mick does most of the talking other than questions from the group.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YAnd in terms of asking questions, I'm not at my most eloquent in an off-the-cuff session with a total stranger. I prefer more impersonal q+a or interview sessions for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
That's perfect for the Mick meet and greets though because you are in a big group and the only one on one time you have is when you have your picture taken with him. Mick does most of the talking other than questions from the group.
yup. more impersonal q&a sessions are exactly what you get with Mick. at least that was at all the US m&gs, other than Columbus. you are 1-on-1 with Mick for just a sec while you are posing for a pic. if you really want to tell him something and can talk fast, you can get in your question then.

m&gs with Lindsey last year were real 1-on-1s. depending on how rushed he was, you could have a real conversation. and you had his undivided attention for a bit. but you could also just ask for a photo and autograph and that's it, if you felt shy or overwhelmed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
I like your style, Dan.

when i meet a famous person who i like - i dont want to be friends with them - i just want a picture with them and for me to say something about why i like them. - For example - a song/movie that i have liked of theirs.

I dont want a picture with any old celebrity - i have a couple of favourites that i like to try and meet.

I am realistic.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post
when i meet a famous person who i like - i dont want to be friends with them - i just want a picture with them and for me to say somethign about why i like them. - For example - a song/movie that i have liked of theirs.
Yeah, see, I'm just not interested in that at all. Maybe I have less of a handle on exactly why that doesn't interest me than I thought I did, but it's just not something that moves me. A whole artificial situation where you approach a person and talk for 5 seconds with them, and at that point you're actually paying them to talk to you, just seems weird. I'm not knocking it for others who have had great experiences, and certainly nobody owes me any justifications for enjoying it, it's just for me it would be uncomfortable and pretty unrewarding.

Also I'm pretty cheap in the first place, so that doesn't help.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The only member of The Mac I'm genuinely interested meeting is Chris. Other than that, I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a M&G.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Junior Ledgie

has anyone who had a mick fleetwood m&g in london been able to view their pics with him? mine was a week today and so far haven't received an e-mail or been able to find how to view them on the site...
Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnicks88 View Post
has anyone who had a mick fleetwood m&g in london been able to view their pics with him? mine was a week today and so far haven't received an e-mail or been able to find how to view them on the site...
i have that link as they sent that link to me by accident the day before i had my meet and greet which was last Wednesday.

i got the link for the actual meet and greet i did emailed to me the next day.

i will pm it to you :-)

The meet and greet you did last tuesday had more people than the wednesday meet and greet.

I reckon that is because Tuesday went on sale first.

That tall guy with the glasses did the wednesday meet and greet aswell - Mick said it was his 4th meet and greet he had done. Wow.

Last edited by julieannboo; 10-01-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Ledgie

Tuesday meet and greet London:

Wednesday meet and greet London:

If anyone wants these taken down then let me know.

Last edited by julieannboo; 10-01-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And the rush is manufactured anyway. He knows he is going to do this. He knows how many people have meet and greet tickets beforehand. There's ample opportunity to schedule all the time he needs. It's perfectly plannable. The whole thing with the handler standing by to tell him to hurry, even though he earnestly wants to stay, seems a bit staged.

Michele
good cop. bad cop :-)
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you SO much! I'm so happy to finally have these pics. Have been down since yesterday morning - my final mac concert was sunday eve in birm. so this has made me very happy!!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post
i have that link as they sent that link to me by accident the day before i had my meet and greet which was last Wednesday.

i got the link for the actual meet and greet i did emailed to me the next day.

i will pm it to you :-)

The meet and greet you did last tuesday had more people than the wednesday meet and greet.

I reckon that is because Tuesday went on sale first.

That tall guy with the glasses did the wednesday meet and greet aswell - Mick said it was his 4th meet and greet he had done. Wow.
I was wondering is the tall guy a ledgie as I saw him in the London videos and recognised him from the Columbus show. Very dedicated!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnicks88 View Post
Thank you SO much! I'm so happy to finally have these pics. Have been down since yesterday morning - my final mac concert was sunday eve in birm. so this has made me very happy!!
No worries :-)