Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I used to feel awful about sniping people
Yeah, me too. But bearing in mind that everyone does it ... and it's probably been done to you! *suspicious glance at everyone!*
It's available there, to everyone, so there's nothing wrong in taking advantage of it.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
Yeah, me too. But bearing in mind that everyone does it ... and it's probably been done to you! *suspicious glance at everyone!*
It's available there, to everyone, so there's nothing wrong in taking advantage of it.
That's pretty much the thing... because it sucks when people do it to me, I hate to do it to others. But, realizing that pretty much everyone does it now, I know you have to "play the game" if you really want to win an item. I still don't do it everytime though.

Funny anecdote... I had been trying to get the "Reconsider Me" promo CD for a few years now, and would always lose out because I'd get sniped or the bidding would go too high. So this summer I finally decided that I was going to get that CD come hell or high water, and placed a high bid WAY higher than I should have. Immediately feeling guilty for bidding so much.

With about an hour left to the auction, someone outbid me, and I decided I should just let the guy have it... couldn't justify spending all that money on a 1-track CD single.
At the very last minute, someone sniped him.

Come September, I'm unwrapping a birthday gift from my boyfriend... and it was "Reconsider Me"!
He knew how much I had been wanting it, and HE was the guy who won the auction I had bid on.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's pretty much the thing... because it sucks when people do it to me, I hate to do it to others. But, realizing that pretty much everyone does it now, I know you have to "play the game" if you really want to win an item. I still don't do it everytime though.
I do feel guilty alright ... I don't do it unless I have to either.

Interesting anecdote by the way. That'll warm my heart next time I'm sniped -- It's OK! Someone got it for me! That's what happened! It'll be OK!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Come September, I'm unwrapping a birthday gift from my boyfriend... and it was "Reconsider Me"!
He knew how much I had been wanting it, and HE was the guy who won the auction I had bid on.

AWWWWWW! So sweet!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My local vinyl store has 4 copies in good shape. one singlefold and three doubles. between 10 and 20 euro's each....what should I do? I have two already.......

Old 01-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
My local vinyl store has 4 copies in good shape. one singlefold and three doubles. between 10 and 20 euro's each....what should I do? I have two already.......
Buy one and send it to me?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found a BN CD out of OZ on ebay by Anthem Records (used to partner with Polydor apparently?) and I thot it wasnt available in CD? But I compared my CD to my albums and its exactly the same... great quality too, so Im happy...
Old 01-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
I found a BN CD out of OZ on ebay by Anthem Records (used to partner with Polydor apparently?) and I thot it wasnt available in CD? But I compared my CD to my albums and its exactly the same... great quality too, so Im happy...
That's actually a bootleg, too. The album hasn't been officially released on CD anywhere in the world.

A friend of mine recently sent a copy of that "release" to me though, and the sound is terrific. I'm thinking whoever put this together, must've used a cassette copy for their source.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the info I got when I bought it was that Anthem split from Polydor and an old master reel was used? I get that it hasnt been "officially" released anywhere, but the idea that two record companies parted ways and one had this property that it decided to develop made sense to me...

I dont know much about bootlegs, but the copy I got sounds pristine. I could very easily believe it was made from a master reel.........at any rate, since I dont have a turntable and I dont have the time to wade thru all the downloads, Im very happy to have what I've got, bootleg or no....
Old 01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GREAT NEWS!

I got it! FINALLY! 6 years of trying!
WHOOOOOOA!

See, all it takes is a little ledgie support!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4814199295
Old 01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
GREAT NEWS!

WHOOOOOOA!

good for you - and it looks to be in good condition

I love mine. I just sit and stare at it sometimes.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
GREAT NEWS!

WHOOOOOOA!

Yay! Finally!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Do you people love the album so much because it reminds you a of happier time, when the two lovebirds were living out their destiny by being together? Or do you actually love the music so much that it warrants sitting and staring at it for extended periods of time? Because I have never found the music particularly stare-worthy.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's just that Lindsey looks so f*cking hot. THAT'S WHY! I actually don't like any of the songs, they suck, I just like to stare at hot Lindsey & drool over his hot sexy bare chest. What instrument does he play again? Who cares, he's soooo sexy. Sometimes I lick the album cover.

Christ, Bobo, nobody can make a simple comment without your smug comments inferring that they are idiots. You've NEVER perused an album cover while listening to the album itself? Never? No? OK fine. Good day.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Considering the album we're talking about, it's wouldn't be too hard to believe that people want it more for its rarity and its general mystique than its musical content. Does everyone around here wants one just because it is such a musical masterpiece? I suppose I already am pretty sure of myself that this is not completely the case, so you would merely be reaffirming my belief. But if it is actually a masterpiece, I might consider giving it another shot.