Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Say You Will Tour Stories

Since the current tour is taking a break, I thought it would be a good time to do the SYW tour stories thread.

If you want to the SYW tour, please share your memories! I know a lot of ledgies went to this one. Massive tour. If anything special happened at your show that was unique, be sure to let us know. Of course all your memories are fun to read!

I kind of have a story. I was 11 when my parents were supposed to go see the band in Hershey, PA. I liked Fleetwood Mac, but was too young to go to the show and really didn't have the desire or understanding back then to want to go! Anyway, because of Stevie, the show was cancelled. My mom was bummed out of course. When I learned that the show was cancelled because of her, I asked why they just couldn't get someone else to sing?

My mom still tells me this story and I have learned my ways. LOL maybe the TIME era line up would of agreed with me though.

Now please share your real tour stories.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was wandering around the parking lot waiting for my friend to show up at the first Chicago show. Certain band family member kept staring at me. Decided to wait for her inside. Saw this show from the 22nd row, and basically I remember being the only one in that section standing during Beautiful Child, Say Goodbye etc. I was so excited to see them because I'd only seen Stevie at this point. I was more excited for the next night where I had seats in the second row.

The next night when I got to my seat, my friend, who was already there, said: "As soon as I saw where we were sitting, I knew you were going to freak out." I was relatively clam, I think. This is the show where I received the Stevie stare of death for my flash photography. However, I redeemed myself with my stylin' dance moves during Stand Back. I always seem to make them laugh during this number (I got a hysterical sounding laugh out of Lindsey on this tour with an ill-timed "Cryyyyyy..." I think I failed my back-up singer test). Anyway it is like a different show when you're up front. I was amazed by Lindsey's energy, although my friend was like: "Ew, he sweated on me." I didn't mind! Her favorite part of the show was the Mick vesterbation, which I didn't like. Plus I got spit splattered by Mick . Do not want. Seriously, between the two of them on this tour those in the front should have been distributed ponchos! Highlights for me were Come, Beautiful Child, and Go Your Own Way.

In addition Lindsey's Soundstage was taped on this tour. I went to that, and it was awesome and long, and I was starving the whole time. I came straight from work and we had to wait in line, so no time for food. Little did I know it was going to run for 3 and half hours. The main thing I remember about the taping was the utter silence between songs when Stevie joined him. It was weird.

So nothing too exciting, but man I was broke by the end of the summer of 2003!

Oh, I also ran into Lori Nicks on my way out on the second night. I told her she needed to be back onstage. Therefore, I feel, I'm responsible for her return to the glamorous realm of backup singing.

Last edited by Erin; 11-11-2009 at 04:51 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I saw the band in Greenville, SC; Greensboro, NC; and Charlotte, NC... each show was about 6 months apart. The big highlights for me were getting to hear Beautiful Child and Sara... 2 songs I never thought I'd hear live. My favorite show was the Greenville one... it was one of their first dozen or so shows in the tour, and the band was very tight, and rocked hard. I loved the rocking way they did Silver Springs at the beginning of the tour... it was sped up to almost punk rock speed at the end, and Stevie totally tore it up... I loved it! It seems with each additional show the band had a little less energy, a little less passion, and fewer and fewer high notes were sung. By the time Charlotte rolled around toward the end of the tour, they were visibly tired. I can say I definitely feel the performances from this tour were absolutely more passionate than the videos I've seen from the Unleashed tour.

Something else that made an impression on me was how involved Lindsey was with the audience. He made eye contact, let people play his guitar, waved and pointed at people, and seemed to enjoy scanning the crowd to see what people were up to. He even pointed at me during Peacekeeper at the Greensboro show. Stevie on the other hand came across as very robotic... she stared straight out blankly making a point not to make eye contact or interact with anyone in the crowd. I suppose that's because she has some seriously nutty fans .
Old 11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
The main thing I remember about the taping was the utter silence between songs when Stevie joined him. It was weird.
One of my enduring memories of the taping too. There was a moment when Lindsey & Stevie were looking at each other & not saying anything... I half expected a cry of "Kiss her/him"!" to ring out from the stone silence
Old 11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
This is the show where I received the Stevie stare of death for my flash photography.

I hope you felt honoured

I think I've read this somewhere before. I made sure on the shows I went to last week to keep the flash off, lol.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
One of my enduring memories of the taping too. There was a moment when Lindsey & Stevie were looking at each other & not saying anything... I half expected a cry of "Kiss her/him"!" to ring out from the stone silence
I attributed it to his wife being in the balcony. The audience seemed to create a tension that I'm sure wasn't really there. Like ooh Lindsey's talking to Stevie away from the mike's and his wife is right over there!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw four shows on this tour -- two in Nashville, Champaign and Knoxville. The Champaign show was my favorite.

Looking back, I remember Lindsey's great performances above all else. At the time, I was enamored with Stevie because I had never seen her live before. But overall, she lacked energy. She did, however, shine on "Beautiful Child."
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I attributed it to his wife being in the balcony. The audience seemed to create a tension that I'm sure wasn't really there. Like ooh Lindsey's talking to Stevie away from the mike's and his wife is right over there!
I was being quiet trying to hear what they were saying. Mostly it seemed to be, "I don't know what do you think?"

"I don't know what do you think?" "Do you think we should?" "What do you think?" As they decided whether or not to do another take, which they knew they were going to do anyway.

Michele
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I saw them 3x on that tour. Best part was meeting John McVie in Atlanta at the Apple store.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Michelle and I were driving across country that week, from Massachusetts where I had just purchased a car to Phoenix, where we lived. Michelle did most of the driving because she liked to go very fast and I was always scared to go faster than 65mph. I didn't look at the speedometer when she was driving. Many times she complained she was tired and I'd say, "keep driving. I've got to get to the Fleetwood Mac concert." I told her if she got any speeding ticket I would pay half of the fine. She got a ticket in Oklahoma City. She was driving at 90mph. (Everybody gets a ticket in OK) New Mexico weather is always unpredictable. It's a very large state and not too far from the Arizona border we had to drive through a major lightning storm with a huge downpour. It slowed us down immensly. We arrived in Phoenix after 5 days on the road and drove straight to Desert Sky Pavilion. There was no time to go home first. The band was already on stage and had just finished singing Landslide. We did not have tickets. There was a one inch crack in a wall that allowed us to peer through to see the stage. Michelle didn't care about the show. She was so exhausted from being pushed and whipped across country by me that she just went over near some bushes and started puking.
Near the end of the show I had a conversation with some stranger through that peep hole. I could see him but he couldn't see me. He seemed "interested" in me until he asked how old I was and then he vanished.
This is what I most remember about the show.

Good grief. That's quite the story. I wish Fleetwood Mac would realize how dedicated their fans are.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was being quiet trying to hear what they were saying. Mostly it seemed to be, "I don't know what do you think?"

"I don't know what do you think?" "Do you think we should?" "What do you think?" As they decided whether or not to do another take, which they knew they were going to do anyway.

Michele
We were sitting right under the balcony, so nobody around us could lip read, which was why it was so weird to me. I can understand those at the front not talking, i.e. trying to figure out what they were saying, but the whole crowd? I remember feeling uncomfortable at the time.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I just remembered that when we were in New Mexico, besides that massive rain storm, it also dropped huge balls of hail on us. Michelle was afraid the windshield was gonna crack. It was awesome and scary at the same time. I love New Mexico.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This tour is very special to me because its the first Mac tour I was able to participate in extensively. I was 9 when the Tusk tour came to Minneapolis on May 9&10 1980 and I couldnt go. I didnt see the Mirage tour also because I was to young and they canceled their TITN show here and the BTM tour show was sold out before I could get tickets. I did get to go to 5 Dance tour shows but that was just a taste of what I really wanted to do. So when SYW came around I swore to myself I was going to go to as many shows as I could humanly afford, and due to nothing more than sheer determination, by the time the tour ended I had seen a total of 35 shows, 25 in 2003 and 10 in 2004. There were many times I wet without sleep driving straigt thru the night to get to the next city, but I ws seeing my band, and there was no were in te world I would've rather been. And the only thing that would've stopped me was if I was dead. Thankfully I made it but there were a few times when I asked myself "Do I really wanna be doing this" Anyway here's the list of shows i saw over the 2 year adventure.

5-7, Columbus
5-9, Washington D.C
5-10, Pittsburgh
5-13, Cleveland
5-15, Buffalo
5-31, Nashville
6-1, Greenville
6-3, Atlanta
6-5, Birmingham
6-19, St Paul
6-20, St Paul
6-22, Moline
6-24, Indianapolis
6-26, Chicago
6-27, Chicago
6-29, Milwaukee
7-16, Anaheim
7-17, Anaheim
7-19, San Diego
7-21, Phoenix
8-13, Kansas City
8-19, Grand Forks
9-13, Chicago
10-9, Omaha
10-18, Las Vegas

5-8, Madison
5-9, Champaign
5-12, Green Bay
5-29, Holmdel
6-10, Scranton
6-12, Hershey
6-13, Cleveland
7-13, Sioux City
7-14, Cedar Falls
9-14, Detroit
Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Ledgie

Well this was the tour that got me interested in the band again - February 2004 in Melbourne. Whilst I listened to their music quite regularly over the years, because there were no tours here after 1991, I wasn't following them in great detail for a long time.

Following SYW, we then had Stevie attend the Melbourne Cup in 2005, her Gold Dust Tour in 2006 and the promise of another FM tour. That led to my US trip to see family this year being planned around the current tour and I saw 6 concerts in April/May in western US states - getting up to the stage 5 times. What a buzz for me! Meeting Ledgies in Houston is a treasured memory.

So, in two weeks time I will see them here in Melbourne again. It will bring back memories of SYW in 2004, that I have to thank for all of this!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

I saw them in 2004 in Brisbane and it was just magic. I hope it's as good again, or even better!! (I'm in the 3rd row this time. Last time I was somewhere much further back, but it was still amazing)

I also saw 2 Stevie solo shows in 2006, which was just...beyond description. The Brisbane and the Gold Coast shows...the "week of Stevie"