The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I'm wrong, but Christine looked rather face-lifted in The Dance. I think after she quit the Mac, she stopped and, consequently, is looking very very very wrinkly.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but Christine looked rather face-lifted in The Dance. I think after she quit the Mac, she stopped and, consequently, is looking very very very wrinkly.
When did you last see a picture of her? the last one I saw was taken in 2006

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/335047

I think she looks Ok. She was 63 at the time.

Anyway a few wrinkles never hurt anyone. they show a bit of character

Gail
Old 11-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
When did you last see a picture of her? the last one I saw was taken in 2006

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/335047

I think she looks Ok. She was 63 at the time.

Anyway a few wrinkles never hurt anyone. they show a bit of character

Gail
My guess is she is pretty thin now, as she has been for the last 18 years or so. (She was never fat but she used to be fuller figured.) If her untouched face on the Two-Sticks-and-a-Drum doc is anything to go by, she probably has a lot of wrinkles, looks her age and yet is still very distinguished and appealing.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
There hasnt been any thing like interviews and pictures since her 2004 album. She has basically gone of the radar. But there is something different looking about her on the cover of ITMT - strange.

Meowi
Yeah, I was worried about the imposter that took over her body for the ITMT cover, but fortunately when I saw video of her when she was promoting the album, she looked great and natural. There was none of that Joan Rivers stuff going on, which I had feared might happen.

Yes, she did look face-lifty for the Dance video and again was replaced by a strange looking woman for the cover of that album and for the publicity photos -- like the sword fight -- they did too. But I'm glad when we actually do get to see her face, she still looks like herself and hasn't gone overboard with the plastic surgery, botox, etc. Well -- as of 2006 she hadn't.

Michele
Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
What exactly do you mean, Meowi? I'm interested...
Anna
It just doesn't look the the Christine McVie that we all know. In my opinion, from her early days to The Dance - shes looks the same, wrinkles and hairstyles an exception. But then, I looked at ITMT and thought, no way.

Now, it could just be her smile - look I dont know...

I havn't heard anything about her in ages! no pictures no interviews

Meowi
Old 11-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It just doesn't look the the Christine McVie that we all know. In my opinion, from her early days to The Dance - shes looks the same, wrinkles and hairstyles an exception. But then, I looked at ITMT and thought, no way.

Now, it could just be her smile - look I dont know...

I havn't heard anything about her in ages! no pictures no interviews

Meowi
I thought the cover picture for ITM was bizarre. Nice picture but who was it? Yet the other pictures were really nice much more natural. I think the cover picture was photoshopped to death.

Gail
Old 11-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I thought the cover picture for ITM was bizarre. Nice picture but who was it? Yet the other pictures were really nice much more natural. I think the cover picture was photoshopped to death.

Gail
Thats exactly what I thought! Its so bright aswell!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:24 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, she did look face-lifty for the Dance video and again was replaced by a strange looking woman for the cover of that album and for the publicity photos -- like the sword fight -- they did too. But I'm glad when we actually do get to see her face, she still looks like herself and hasn't gone overboard with the plastic surgery, botox, etc. Well -- as of 2006 she hadn't.

Michele
When I bought the cd, I actually thought Bonnie Tyler ("It's a Heartache" and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" fame) joined the band...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_Bonnie_Tyler.jpg (19.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Christine_The Dance.jpg (35.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
When I bought the cd, I actually thought Bonnie Tyler ("It's a Heartache" and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" fame) joined the band...
wow..
Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's a classic misheard lyric for It's a Heartache - it's a hard egg

Gail
Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, I kind of fancy the notion of Bonnie Tyler in Fleetwood Mac- would have definitely been a better fit than Bekka Bramlett ! I could definitely see her turning the shizz out of songs that Stevie wouldn't touch these days- "Sister Honey," "Sisters of the Moon," "Angel," etc. Granted, she's not really a songwriter, but that's what Jim Steinman is for.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Actually, come to think of it, I kind of fancy the notion of Bonnie Tyler in Fleetwood Mac- would have definitely been a better fit than Bekka Bramlett
How so? I seriously couldn't hear Bonnie Tyler sounding better with Dave Mason and especially Billy Burnette than Bekka Bramlett. Bekka's voice blended beautifully with both. It felt right, if not like Fleetwood Mac. And, frankly, Bekka only did one Stevie song regularly and we've still not heard the end of it. I can't imagine the Chiffonheads would've taken too kindly to anybody, even Bonnie Tyler, singing a Stevie song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is not her! I am serious
In an ITM interview about the name of the album, she said it was private.
I worked it out: In the meantime I have ad NO surgery

Meowi
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How so? I seriously couldn't hear Bonnie Tyler sounding better with Dave Mason and especially Billy Burnette than Bekka Bramlett. Bekka's voice blended beautifully with both. It felt right, if not like Fleetwood Mac. And, frankly, Bekka only did one Stevie song regularly and we've still not heard the end of it. I can't imagine the Chiffonheads would've taken too kindly to anybody, even Bonnie Tyler, singing a Stevie song.
I think the main issue that "chiffonheads" had with Bekka standing in Stevie's shoes (and you can't deny that was her intended role) was that she was such a chirpy, nondescript lightweight who pretty much sounded like anybody oversinging on a TV talent show. It was a bit of a slap in the face to Stevie. Sure, Bonnie Tyler would have pissed off some chiffonheads as well. But at least Bonnie has gravitas and an unmistakeable singing style full of raw power and emotion. Bonnie was/is the real deal. Bekka was/is a wannabe.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is not her! I am serious
In an ITM interview about the name of the album, she said it was private.
I worked it out: In the meantime I have ad NO surgery

Meowi
In Christine's performance of "Songbird" on the Making of Rumours DVD, you could totally see the scar running between her ear and her cheek- a telltale sign of a facelift. And in the interview segments, Grandma's face does. not. move. And if you compare the photos from the Time CD booklet with any of the Dance-era pictures, you can see that, for The Dance, either she is in a perennial state of surprise, or she has magically morphed into a Korean woman.