User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey do something to cause his own ouster from the band? Impossible. He is a heroic victim.
Even though we think he's the victim here, I personally have always called him The Spoiled Brat. Because he IS. I'm sure he can be difficult, because he always wants to have his way....

That said, WHO made FM who they are? How did they do with Behind The Mask and Time? He IS the creative force that turned average songs into cream that floated to the top. I think $tevie and Dick got a little(lot) too full of themselves and their bloated egos, and forgot how extremely important he is to them. His guitar style is LITERALLY Fleetwood Mac's f*cking SOUND. They couldn't have f*cked this up any worse.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Well said
The issue I have with Chris, if this rumour is true, that even if she couldn't stopped this from happening, but I personally feel she could have, then why did she apparently avoid all LB's calls when he was reaching out to her?
I would LOVE, love, LoVe to know where you got this tasty bit of information? Cause I never heard this before in any of the interview's I have heard or read.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
WHO made FM who they are? How did they do with Behind The Mask and Time? He IS the creative force that turned average songs into cream that floated to the top. I think $tevie and Dick got a little(lot) too full of themselves and their bloated egos, and forgot how extremely important he is to them. His guitar style is LITERALLY Fleetwood Mac's f*cking SOUND.
I couldn't stand Billy Burnette and his rockabilly guitar playing. I thought Rick was somewhat enjoyable but a bit too generic. Love is Dangerous probably would have been a decent single for the band. Neil Finn is boring asf but I don't have a problem with Mike Campbell being in FM since they are forcing him on us anyways. But I hope after this tour is completed they chuck these two new guys and do and say whatever it takes to woo Lindsey back for a final FM tour as had been promised by every FM band member for the last two years.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:31 AM
mitzo
This message has been deleted by mitzo.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even though we think he's the victim here, I personally have always called him The Spoiled Brat. Because he IS. I'm sure he can be difficult, because he always wants to have his way....

That said, WHO made FM who they are? How did they do with Behind The Mask and Time? He IS the creative force that turned average songs into cream that floated to the top. I think $tevie and Dick got a little(lot) too full of themselves and their bloated egos, and forgot how extremely important he is to them. His guitar style is LITERALLY Fleetwood Mac's f*cking SOUND. They couldn't have f*cked this up any worse.
Be all that as it may, isn't it even a tiny bit possible that he crossed a line and was the cause of his own ouster? Musical genius and importance notwithstanding?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it should be remembered that the McVies' relatively easy-come easy-go temperament is surely the very reason why they have managed to stay with this band since the beginning, blithely withstanding the neurotic intensity of Mick and all the frontmen with naught but the occasional raised eyebrow. In the BuckVie promo vids it seems to fans that Lindsey and Chris are on the same wonderful page, but in reality, or when push comes to shove, the McVies are humming at a whole different frequency to the rest of them. This goes both ways though: unlike Mick, Stevie and Lindsey, Chris usually cuts to the chase and doesn't seem to like BSing in interviews, so although she wasn't uber loyal enough to Lindsey to somehow quit the tour in protest, she wasn't loyal enough to the others to keep from displaying frustration with their BS answers, and even at times vocally contradicting them.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Sounds like the argument between Stevie and Lindsey got so out of hand that he said something so bad that not even Chistine could defend him or stay on his side.
I guess we all know that Lindsey can be mean, perhaps he simply went too far this time.
Still - they should have called it quits, then - and not turn this band into the travesty it is now.
Or - as people in their 70s, they could have taken a break and then talk it out after everyone calmed down, like adults do.
Richard isn’t saying that. He’s not saying Lindsey said something so bad to delicate flower Stevie that she got him fired. He’s saying Christine chose (like everybody else) to stay out of their usual fight. Later, when she got back from London, she learned he was fired. Supposedly. I don’t believe that part.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I would LOVE, love, LoVe to know where you got this tasty bit of information? Cause I never heard this before in any of the interview's I have heard or read.
It’s on every Lindsey’s FB group now. None of them answered his calls. I don’t know if it was their idea though.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Be all that as it may, isn't it even a tiny bit possible that he crossed a line and was the cause of his own ouster? Musical genius and importance notwithstanding?
And according to you what could he possibly have said to that delicate creature called Stevie to cause his firing after 53 years of knowing each other? They fight all the time. To them it’s like having lunch.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:28 PM
AncientQueen
This message has been deleted by AncientQueen. Reason: double post
Old 08-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Richard isn’t saying that. He’s not saying Lindsey said something so bad to delicate flower Stevie that she got him fired. He’s saying Christine chose (like everybody else) to stay out of their usual fight. Later, when she got back from London, she learned he was fired. Supposedly. I don’t believe that part.
That is just your interpretation of what Richard wrote. I offered mine. I don't think that Christine did not know what happened, she just couldn't defend Lindsey for whatever he said or did and obviously, couldn't put a foot down for him. Then the band probably decided to not publish anything about it, so she had to play the uninformed bystander.

Just to make my stance clear: I'm not interested in whatever fights S and L may had, I want to know why Christine ended up in the place she is now.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Haha, I actually know nothing at all...but I think I read it either here or on Instagram....that is why I said if the rumour is true.....I hope it's not right, as that is pretty awful if that's the case
Old 08-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Spot on. If they had not recorded task, this band would not have the legacy it does, which by the way they are ruining. tusk Lindsey’s doing and after rumors it made them not just another pop rock band who sold a lot of albums.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've always thought he was impossible, but you put up with him for the HUGE game that he brings to the table.

They should have just taken a break for a few months, and reconvened. Instead, her High Goatness threw her tantrum and got him fired. Old hag.

"I'm $tevie Nick$, and I'm the show!" No, you're not, now sit down and shut up!
Old 08-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mitzo - What's the worst thing he could have said though....you can't sing, your old and saggy, I don't want to play Rhiannon anymore, I never loved you, your a washed up old junkie, I hate Karen...these are all crazy random thoughts....but really is there seriously anything bad enough that he could have said to her that the whole band agree their musical director should be sacked?
Even if Stevie pulled out the old him or me card then....Mick, Chris and John should have gone 'NO Stevie'...we won't continue and let you ruin our legacy until both of you sit down and sort it out
Old 08-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That is just your interpretation of what Richard wrote. I offered mine. I don't think that Christine did not know what happened, she just couldn't defend Lindsey for whatever he said or did and obviously, couldn't put a foot down for him. Then the band probably decided to not publish anything about it, so she had to play the uninformed bystander.

Just to make my stance clear: I'm not interested in whatever fights S and L may had, I want to know why Christine ended up in the place she is now.
So, you think that because of whatever Lindsey said or did he was fired? After 43 years of endless and repetitive fights?

Christine chose Mick's side, not Lindsey's.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Mitzo - What's the worst thing he could have said though....you can't sing, your old and saggy, I don't want to play Rhiannon anymore, I never loved you, your a washed up old junkie, I hate Karen...these are all crazy random thoughts....but really is there seriously anything bad enough that he could have said to her that the whole band agree their musical director should be sacked?
Even if Stevie pulled out the old him or me card then....Mick, Chris and John should have gone 'NO Stevie'...we won't continue and let you ruin our legacy until both of you sit down and sort it out
I wonder what he said and/or did to the band as a whole to get fired. It is true he and Stevie never get along. What happened this time that was worse? Probably pissed off the whole group.