User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Green Bay -- Another set change

Goodbye Baby closed Wednesday night's show in Green Bay

No Don't Let Me Down Again. The rest of the set was the same as Sunday night.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well at least Stevie has 2 new songs again and there are 6 new songs all together, but man I'm not all that happy GB's back. I would have loved for Illume to close the show.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

im so pleased for you over in the US to have set changes!! It makes such a difference to their performance when it not the same over and over again! Hopefully they wont leave it as GB back in and the other out, although i absolutely loved that song live, its good to see them have fun with a great live song!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, good! Although it's not one of my faves, I do think its closes the show well. I was worried there for a while that after a few shows all the new setlist songs would be gone!

Paula
Old 05-13-2004, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So Tommer will be happy again.....

Old 05-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

DAMNIT!!!!!!
I was so please with DLMDA in the set! I am so sick of GB. Oh well it could be worse, gypsy could replace sara
Old 05-13-2004, 08:06 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
DAMNIT!!!!!!
I was so please with DLMDA in the set! I am so sick of GB. Oh well it could be worse, gypsy could replace sara

oh god, please don't say that...when i first saw this thread i had a sinking feeling in my stomach that "sara" got the axe.

As disappointed as i am that they didn't stick it out with DLMDA, i'm kinda glad they put GB back in. Even though i usually get within the first five rows of every show, this is the best part of the show because a lot of people leave and you feel like it's just you and Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:46 AM

Closing the show with Goodbye Baby again is a great move. It is Stevie's best SYW song.

I didn't particularly enjoy the live bootleg of Don't Let Me Down again, so I don't mourn that loss. Frankly, I'd rather have Eyes of the World back and lose Second Hand News.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Junior Ledgie

I do miss 2nd Hand News too. It would be nice if they throw in Sisters of the Moon......
Old 05-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

What gets me is why they refuse to do anything new from Mirage or Tango In The Night. There are some good songs on both albums that would work well live. Can't Go Back, That's Allright,Seven Wonders, When I See You Again etc. The Rumours catalogue is so old and tired.

Matt
Old 05-13-2004, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan
When I See You Again etc.
The idea is to keep people in the arena, not to send them out with vomiting convulsions.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan
What gets me is why they refuse to do anything new from Mirage or Tango In The Night. There are some good songs on both albums that would work well live. Can't Go Back, That's Allright,Seven Wonders, When I See You Again etc. The Rumours catalogue is so old and tired.

Matt
the thing is....mirage was a pretty low profile album during its time. it's not regarded as one of their classics, even according to them, as well as the critics. the white album, rumours, and tusk are the classics. each one had a special significance....unfortunately, mirage remains in those albums' shadows. i'm not saying it isn't good. i really like "straight back", "love in store", and "eyes of the world". the same thing goes for tango..."seven wonders" was a hit single but is not a classic like "gypsy." lindsey's big hit off of the album was "big love" and he's doing it. the rest of stevie's stuff could not be considered for live renditions...they didn't even do it back then. christine got more of the spotlight back then...she had "little lies", "everywhere", and "isn't it midnight", that got performed and even airplay.

it seems that most of the songs that FM does live, and i'm talking about the one's they've dusted off and resurrected, were previously done in the past. obviously, there are exceptions ("beautiful child") but if you look at it that way, the only songs off of mirage that would be performed are "eyes...", and "gypsy". From Tango, you're only going to get "big love" and possibly "seven wonders."
Old 05-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Goodbye Baby" is the logical successor to "Songbird", I think. Nice to hear that they've started doing it again.

Here's hoping that they'll place "Don't Let Me Down Again" in the regular set instead of it always being an encore tune.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any chance that perhaps Fleetwood Mac might shuffle some songs in and out of the playlist? Nothing major of course, but maybe play Don't Let Me Down Again some nights, Eyes of the World on another night, etc.?

Last edited by John Run; 05-13-2004 at 11:45 AM..
Old 05-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run
Any chance that perhaps Fleetwood Mac might shuffle some songs in and out of the playlist? Nothing major of course, but maybe play Don't Let Me Down Again some nights, Eyes of the World on another night, etc.?
That would be really nice, wouldn't it?

Therefore the answer is more than likely NO