Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wieeehieee

a tape's fine, Gerald

I'll try to make a copy of Tusk for you asap
Old 04-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched the tape last night, was great! I had already seen the clips on Burnish.net, but seeing it in one take, it made quite a different impression on me. (thumbs up for Lindsey!!) Anyway, Thank You Shackin' Up and everyone else in this "Chain"
Old 04-21-2004, 06:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Aussie Begging for Destiny Rules!!!

HI Everyone,
I am new to this board and would like to introduce myself, my name is Mandy and I live in a rural area in Sunny Queensland, Australia. I have been searching and searching to get a copy of Destiny Rules as it wasn't aired in Australia and being a mad Mac fan for over 20yrs I would truly love to see it, (seen their SYW concert in Brisbane - one word 'AWSOME!') If anyone could be kind enough to post me a copy of the dvd as I have no resources to copy myself I would be more then happy to reimburse expenses - before it is sent. Please, please if anyone can help me I would be so truly greatful!!! Unfortunately I dont' have too much to offer in return, I did manage to take over 100 photos of the concert (front row right in front of Stevie!!!) and would be happy to forward a copy to repay the kindness - thankyou everyone,
Mandy!
PS - My email addy: mandy@oztech.com.au
Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Today I received Destiny Rules. Like you said Gerald, it is in black and white. Is your VHS copy in black and white as well (after the AVI/Mini DV/VHS transfer)? And Stefan, how about yours?

I think it is because of the NTSC format. A friend of mine is Russian, and she has many NTSC video tapes from her home country and she says you can watch these tapes on many (but not all) PAL VCR's/TV's, but they will be b&w then.

Anyway, I'll take a closer look at the DVD's and the VHS tape at the weekend.

Thanks a lot, Jadegypsy, Stefan and Gerald!

And of course, welcome to The Ledge, Mandy! Please check your emails, BTW
Old 04-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Angel
Today I received Destiny Rules. Like you said Gerald, it is in black and white. Is your VHS copy in black and white as well (after the AVI/Mini DV/VHS transfer)? And Stefan, how about yours?

I think it is because of the NTSC format. A friend of mine is Russian, and she has many NTSC video tapes from her home country and she says you can watch these tapes on many (but not all) PAL VCR's/TV's, but they will be b&w then.

My video plays NTSC tapes in colour. I don't think that can be the reason..
Old 04-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Angel
Hmm I can't remember that it was in b/w. I`ve seen it once, then gave it to my fellow to create the DVD. As I haven`t got a DVD player I haven't seen it ever since, I have a copy in case I buy one some day. A tape copy I couldn't make, cause my fellows 2nd recorder was out of order. But I guess I would have realized if it had not been in colour... At least I hope so.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all,
my name is Romy, and I'm another European fan (Italian specifically ) who'd love to have a copy. Is it too late to join this chain? Of course I'd reimburse in advance any expense. Just in case I'm still on time, here's my email: caleon99@virgilio.it

Thanks anyway!
Romy
Old 04-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Notes:

First: The origional tape was in color, but no clue as to why it would turn out b/w for other people, sorry about this guys, but thankfully we all know what everyone looks like anyways. I doubt another copy would help since it was recorded same format.

As for the new posters on this thread: Romy and Mandy, I am sure whoever has the tape now will be more then willing to add you to the continuing list. Mandy it looks like Street Angle already answered your question (she is the one with DVD capibilities). Romy if you need a DVD ask Street Angel otherwise you can be sent the origional tape to make your own copy. I am not sure who gets it next after Street Angel though so you had better ask her.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Jadegypsy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
Romy if you need a DVD ask Street Angel otherwise you can be sent the origional tape to make your own copy. I am not sure who gets it next after Street Angel though so you had better ask her.
Thanks a lot I'll do it right away!!!

Romy
Old 04-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Junior Ledgie

A huge thankyou to all for your emails, assistance and welcoming messages!! Jadegypsy and Streetangel I can't thankyou enough for your kindness - I thought I was the only person with Mac Fever it is so lovely to see sooooo many fans who share as much enthusiasm with this amazing group as I do. I feel very lucky to have stumbled across such a great group of people. The concept of a round robin is a fantastic idea - some of us dont' get these shows aired which is devastating to us. I certainly hope one day I can come across something I can give back. Once again Thankyou all - hope to be reading and adding many more posts!
Take care,
Mandy in Sunny Australia!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hey Mandy

glad to see you like the ledge, the round robin tape idea is off a skating board I post on, but anyways, if you know if anyone with a copy of the mirage tape that could make a copy of it I would be in heaven as I have never seen the concert. If not it's cool. Enjoy the special
Old 05-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default a new chapter for this round robin

Hey fellow DR-missers!

I was happily surprised that Neil from fleetwoodmac-uk.net had read our thread and provided me with a PERFECT QUALITY FULL COLOR DVD- copy from the commercial-free broadcast (about 10 minutes longer than the one we watched) including some extras: the DR-promotrailer with some footage not included on the doc, some Internetclips and SYW and peacekeeper "video's".

I'll make one copy for Mari and then send it to Streetangel. One of the German fans maybe can take care of Stefan?

I'll ship in approx 4 days.

Bye!! And Neil RULES!!!!

gerald

Old 05-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Hey fellow DR-missers!

I was happily surprised that Neil from fleetwoodmac-uk.net had read our thread and provided me with a PERFECT QUALITY FULL COLOR DVD- copy from the commercial-free broadcast (about 10 minutes longer than the one we watched) including some extras: the DR-promotrailer with some footage not included on the doc, some Internetclips and SYW and peacekeeper "video's".

I'll make one copy for Mari and then send it to Streetangel. One of the German fans maybe can take care of Stefan?

I'll ship in approx 4 days.

Bye!! And Neil RULES!!!!

gerald
Neil is great!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:33 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

That's awesome! Thanks Neil and Gerald!!

Gerald, I suppose you still have my address - if not, just tell me so and I'll send you a PM.

OK, I will send PM's and/or emails to Jadegypsy, Stefan, HoneyHi, Tommer, Aussiemacfan and Serrart on Sunday! Then everything should work out fine.

Again, thank you, Jadegypsy, Neil and Gerald! You all are great!

Last edited by Street Angel; 05-08-2004 at 08:51 PM..
Old 05-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gerald & Neil: THANK YOU! Now that's something to look forward to!