Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlanta Show

Hello...just got home from Atlanta...

Awesome show...

Start from the beginning..

We arrived at the amphitheatre at 3:30, very early...but I like to get there early...Met some cool people, and old friends..the Platinum Package backstage people were there about this time...I got to listen in on part of their little tour...

At 5:45 the soundcheck began, and we could see see Stevie and Lindsey through the wood gate doing the soundcheck..VERY COOL...Stevie had on black pants, and sandals, no hair in rollers this time, and Lindsey had on a white t shirt...she held her hand in her face through most of the soundcheck to block the sun...the soundcheck was THE CHAIN, DREAMS, and BIG LOVE...and part of WORLD TURNING..

We met this cool little 8 yr old who was like the biggest fan, and he was determined to get his Rumours and Tusk LP's signed..and I was thinking yeah right, but sure enough he came back to show me he got Mick's signature when they got out of the limos (I'm thinking -- I SHOULD'VE FOLLOWED HIM!!)...but he did say that Lindsey and Stevie waved but wouldnt sign or greet..

So they FINALLY let us in Chastain at 7pm...we got some food, drinks, merchandise and sat down...Our seats were surprisingly VERY good...to the side of the stage, perfect view..

So come about 8:05 I hear the crickets begin..and thousands of people are still roaming around, look for wine, etc..It's Chastain--that's just how it is....and I'm thinking Why so early? It's still broad daylight..
So at about 8:15, people start cheering and I see it's Mick and John coming out...in the broad daylight...and then following is Stevie and Lindsey, locked arms...Stevie had the gloves and scarves, and looked magnificent...I was so shocked to be seeing them in the daylight...
They kicked into a rocking version of the Chain, and to my surprise the show was VERY loud...but great quality sound (and Chastain is notorious for quieting the sound down)...Stevie said "ATLANTA WELCOME!!!!"
I was getting annoyed that so many people were still walking around, trying to find seats, and everything was going on and here was "Dreams" going on in front of me...and I'm thinking WHAT IS THIS?? "I know im not wrong" sounded great in person...love the way they sing it..
I'm not gonna go in complete order, but it really wasn't until "Second Hand News" that Chastain people realized they were at a concert...I stood up most the show, and suprisingly no-one bothered me...Stevie played air guitar and everything during SHN, and Lindsey was very energetic..
So "SAY YOU WILL" was back, but it was fun, got the crowd going with the hand motions, and all...
Rhiannon was very good, loved the wings...Come was the best rocking version I have heard so far...incredible...he was freaking out..banging his guitar everywhere..
"SARA" was the highlight of the night for me...Stevie graced the stage in her red shawl, hair in clip, and black boots....she was gorgeous, and Lindsey gave her many looks...the odd thing about Sara tonight was how crisp and clear the music was...She really went for the notes on "hommmmmmmmmmee..SARA!!!" and she sang "all i ever wanted" part in her mic, and then did 2 more in Lindsey's mic, which was obviously turned down some..but he stayed at the mic with her..and smiled at her...she did many cool dance motions in the end of Sara that I hadn't seen since the 70's...very cool...someone even had a sign later on that she noticed that read "THANK YOU FOR SARA, STEVIE!"
"Big Love" was great, he was off in the guitar playing in a few parts...then came Landslide, which was a crowd pleaser, and the coolest part was she actually dedicated it to someone in the audience...she said the usual speech about how much they appreciate that we continue to support this band...and she bent down in the audience and found someone to dedicate it to, and she said "This is Landslide and we are dedicating it to Angela.." great performance as well...
"Say Goodbye" was a thrill..he was doing the speech about "coming to terms with the fact that there can be no loss." yada yada and he looked and stevie and burst out laughing...and said "Well it's about SOMETHING..you make it up" or something like that...he forgot his speech..lol
"Red Rover" was surprisingly good live..liked hearing Stevie sing on the "Red Rover red rover" parts...she played hand drums a lot in Red Rover...and did all kinds of neat hand motions...
"Beautiful Child" was the incredible love song, as always...she really got into it in the end ..let out some great notes..
"GOLD DUST WOMAN," this is where the crowd FINALLY loosened up...and gave in to Stevie...she rocked it out...she did a twirl on the bass part...and did a great scream...the ending was way cool, she chanted "shadow..shadow..shadow..shadow..shadow." in the end...and of course did the wing span...
This was my fifth show on this Say You Will Tour, and I have to say this was the absolute best "Silver Springs" I have ever heard..she was so into it...she was shaking her microphone,pointing at Lindsey, and really getting buried into the song and lyrics.. "GO AHEAD AND CRY!!!!" incredible.."NEVER GET AWAY..NEVER GET AWAY!" phenomenal..
"Tusk" was a crowd favorite, I loved seeing Lindsey and Stevie play around..he had the white guitar for this one..and of course Lindsey was in fine vocal form the WHOLE night....Stevie was really getting down in this one too...they did the boxing, and little dance...but he made the funniest expressions to the crowd when he was holding Stevie...you'd have to see it.
"STAND BACK" was the highlight of the night...the crowd was on their feet dancing...and so was Lindsey in the drum intro...and Stevie danced across the stage literally like the days of old...did a few small kicks...and kinds of dances and air punches...and of course the incredible twirls...

Lindsey really got the crowd going with "Go Your Own Way", letting them play the guitar and all that...Stevie was waving to every one, blowing kisses...fun upbeat song..
"World Turning" was great..Stevie was really into her little parts..and I enjoyed the VERY long Mick drum solo...and even mumbled something about "HANKY PANKY BABY!!!!" ....lol..the crowd loved it..he spit everywhere...and of course when the song ended the roadie came out and wiped Lindsey's mic off.
The band intros were cool..Stevie seemed overly excited tonight about everyone's intro...

I can't remember which song, one of the last fast ones, Stevie and Taku Hirano had a moment..he was swinging his arm and she was swinging her tambourine, and they were going in sync with eachother, facing one another..she was really getting down..

"Dont Stop" was fun as always....Stevie put her foot up on the drum riser...and her and Lindsey got back to back, her tambourine in the air, and she held her head back for so long...

I was worried there would be no GOODBYE BABY because the show HAD to be over by 11pm here because of the sound ordinance curfew in Atlanta, but they got to it, and finished in time...I loved Stevie's stilleto heals in the last few songs, she moved really well in them..very sexy...

Overall it was an excellent show...it was odd at first getting started with it not being dark yet, and the crowd not settled..but they were drawn in eventually...and Stevie was VERY happy, enthusiastic and energetic tonight...more than I've seen her this whole tour...and Lindsey looked as if he was holding back at first, but he definetely let loose...throwing his guitar across the stage...and all that...

So here's my rambling 2 am review!! lol

Chris
Old 05-16-2004, 12:59 AM
Ledgie

I loved how the crowd sang along to Silver Springs, Landslide, and Go Your Own Way. And how everyone stood from Stand Back all the way till the end. It was a great show!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 02:41 AM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
then came Landslide, which was a crowd pleaser, and the coolest part was she actually dedicated it to someone in the audience...she said the usual speech about how much they appreciate that we continue to support this band...and she bent down in the audience and found someone to dedicate it to, and she said "This is Landslide and we are dedicating it to Angela.." great performance as well...
I wonder who this lucky person was?!

Great review!

Pip
Old 05-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhitefire
OMG YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had 7th row seats. it is now 336am and i am still wired !!!! i got some nice security person to let me g o and stand at the stage right under stevie!!! i geuss some ofyou were there bit i didnt know you from blah!!!!! any ways this night was magicall!!!!! sad thing is i couldnt see the reactin between stevie and lindsey because her baack wa to me druing the intense part BUT I DID get to touach lindseys knee and go his guitar for areally long time over on stevie's side!!! and lindseywas looking at me even b4r i made it up tot he stage and afte rtooo and who did i see but K lingering in the back over on lindey's side!!1 ahhhh sorry cant typerallywell cuZ we went to th e4 sesasons where stevie was and sat at the bar!! i saw her come out and look but it was too crowded for her but i have a feeling that shell be there to morrow night and ill surly be there
more later
love yall
I am so happy for you that you got up to the front row. I was fourth row dead center on Stevie's side. I think the same nice security guard you are talking about (the guy in the chair in the middle of the two rows? ) let my entire row go up the stage after like the second song. I was not up there five minutes when some other security guy makes a bee line to me and asks to see my ticket, which I showed him. I then explained I know it is for a fourth row seat but the sec. guy let everyone come up here and that if he looked at the fourth row he could see that it was practically empty because and again, they were all up here Then the sec. guy in the middle that allowed the mass exodus from the fourth row to the stage, then looked at me, waved and gave the second sec. guy a thumbs up gesture. WELL, apparaently Mr. Deputy Dog security man was having none of that because he then tells me my seat was located out of the pitt and in the back of the ampitheatre. I was like, well and again, IF YOU CAN READ, YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE WORD PITT RIGHT HERE (thinking to myself this is the dumbest MF idiot in the world and he has singled ME out for no reason ). So, I just sort tried to explain that concept again about five times and then just walked away and went back to my seat which was now better because most of the row was empty because they, not I, were on the front row (I mean come on ). BTW - all of this occured directly under Steive's mic. during the end of Rhiannon -

SO, I then leave after Sara to get a WELL NEEEDED beer. When I came back, I went through the lady (who recognized me from walking up there before and laughed and chatted with me for a second) making sure only Pitt tickets were allowed on the floor and walked right past the sloping forehead of Deputy Dog from earlier only to have ANOTHER security guy GRAB me and turn me around, which is not easy to so as I am 6'4" and scream in my face "THERE IS NO WAY YYYYOOOOOUUUUUUUU ARE IN THE PITT!!!!!" Well, by this point, there really was no way even I could be polite. I pulled out my ticket and literally shoved it directly in his face and said "do you know how to read! because this says Pittt!" He just looked at be and I squared off and glared right back. We exchanged a few more unpleasantries and concluded with "Why the F are you all picking on me? - when you all have let everyone else the F up here you MF'er" So, I just walked away and went back to my seat and really just wanted to go home I was so over the whole thing. But, I stayed with my friends as tried not let it get to me even though both sloping forehead and the manhandling jerk kept GLARING at me for the rest of the night. I even complained to the security guy on my side about it. I hate to say it but if it had not been for gldstwmn and Sulamith (who were there with me - Sulamith made it to the front row and got to play LB's guitar during GYOW!!!!!) who were both having a great time, I would have just left I was so over it.

In the end, the music and concert were just great. LB was on fire and Stevie sang her rear end off. I am glad I went!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GREAT reviews, guys!! I can't wait to see them play Sara now!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your whole debacle, strandinthewind - what a total downer to what should have been a 100% fabulous evening.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

GREAT concert, i was in the front row where stevie had taken the "angela" request (was next to that person). GREAT concert, i think the venue could have been beter due to the MF security guards that really p people off.. i got quite a few pictures, ill post them in another thread.. I almost got my camera taken away because i wouldnt stop taking them (LOL) over all, three thumbs up.

Ian
Old 05-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
GREAT concert, i was in the front row where stevie had taken the "angela" request (was next to that person). GREAT concert, i think the venue could have been beter due to the MF security guards that really p people off.. i got quite a few pictures, ill post them in another thread.. I almost got my camera taken away because i wouldnt stop taking them (LOL) over all, three thumbs up.

Ian

I know and then EVERY OTHER SWINGING YOU KNOW WHAT has their camera in the air and when LB would bend down to them, they would put the camera up and he would smile into it. I mean come on

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys have me motivated to buy a ticket to this leg. Glad you had a good time.

Jason, sorry to hear of another obnoxious security incident. I propose that only Ledgies should work security.

- Jake
Old 05-16-2004, 02:17 PM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you had such a good time in Atlanta.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
someone even had a sign later on that she noticed that read "THANK YOU FOR SARA, STEVIE!"

Chris
Did she notice it??? REALLY??? That was me, Marissa, and Katie's sign!!! We know that Lindsey saw it because we were close to him and got love from him the whole night for our sign that said "Welcome to the room, Stella, We love you Liddy." Aww, that made my day, Chris, thanks!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I know and then EVERY OTHER SWINGING YOU KNOW WHAT has their camera in the air and when LB would bend down to them, they would put the camera up and he would smile into it. I mean come on
Lord child, you are just calling it right as you see it. I'll be posting my pix soon.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Did she notice it??? REALLY??? That was me, Marissa, and Katie's sign!!! We know that Lindsey saw it because we were close to him and got love from him the whole night for our sign that said "Welcome to the room, Stella, We love you Liddy." Aww, that made my day, Chris, thanks!!!
That might have been at the time when Katie was practically doing damn flips in the aisle and hitting Kelly in the head with her arm It's very cool that she saw it...I didn't realize she did Thanks, Chris!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Very cool signs!!

Pip
Old 05-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default very cool sign

It's very ironic how you can pay sooooo much money to buy a PIT seat down front and NOT be allowed down by the stage. I guess you should have bought a cheaper seat because then you would have been allowed down there it seems! The security people were very strict once the show started but if you were a good enough B'ser and acted like you were "entitled" to be there..they let you stay. I was not going to let it ruin my good time so we just enjoyed the Box A seats!! What a show. I am pumped Stevie saw the Sara sign!

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes she DEFINETELY saw the sign...my mom even mentioned it...She said "did you see Stevie? She totally smiled at that sign those fans had when she was leaving the stage"

I dont know if I met any online fans or not...I'm sure I did...I met so many people...I had my white rumours t shirt , with WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO? on the back...black fleetwood mac hat..and stevie pin...So if anyone saw me that person, it was me! lol

A lot of cool people were at the gate looking through the cracks with me..I think I had found the best crack to look through for the soundcheck, so I was nice to share it with everyone..Some cool fans, wish I had met them, girls...climbed on the gate to take some pics of STevie..lol..we looked like a bunch of stalkers im sure..

Chris