Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Extending the Tour???

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was talk of extending the tour this time around like they did on the last tour. I really hope so!!!!!!!!! If they are, does anyone know where they might play? Thanks for any info you guys might have.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 05-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yea I really hope so too, I really want them to comce to wichita!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Gosh I hope so! I'm still (selfishly) hoping for a return to Toronto (which they sold out in September) or Buffalo!

I read on this board that one of the crew members said during the Austrailian leg that this tour may extent until December or something, but that was a few months ago, and I guess a lot of that decision will be based on how well this leg is selling.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Red face

My gut feeling is that they might possibly tour until the early fall. however, i don't see them touring again after that. it will be a miracle if they record another album and tour. I hope to see that by 2007.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll take any bets that say they'll continue after Iowa! The jig is up with the Iowa show, mark my words. And thank gawd, maybe we'll get some kind of new music.

Old 05-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I naturally want them to tour forever (and record new songs at the same time) ... j/k ...but they have been on the road for sooooo long now, they need a break to get some well deserved rest and come back at us with a kick a$$ album!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd heard from crew members and someone else with a good source that they are, as of this point, planning on hanging it up some time in August or September. They would've planned to go longer, but ticket sales are disappointing.

It'll be disappointing if they end the tour then, but I'll be thrilled if that means that they'll be going back in the studio that much sooner.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I say get back in the studio!

Pip
Old 05-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

.. or return to Europe!
the Paradiso... hint hint...
Old 05-17-2004, 08:12 AM

If ticket sales are disappointing now, they really ought to reconsider their pricing, though I realize it is too late to do that now. I had a choice of $39.50, $85 and $135 tickets. With the fees, the top tickets end up costing about $150. That's just too much.

Aside from that, it occurs to me that if they are having trouble selling tickets now, they really ought to get realistic about their immediate prospects for new albums and future tours. Clearly the days of selling millions of albums are over. And if they tour again in, say, three or four years to promote an album, it is unlikely they will even sell as well as this time.

This current tour has simply been too long. Though I am glad I am getting a chance to see the band this year since last summer I wasn't able to fit any shows with my schedule, I think a shorter tour would have been better strategically. They should have wrapped up after Australia, taken a couple months off and gone back into the studio. Use some of those leftover tracks and record a few new ones, and next thing you know, they'd have enough material to release another album some time next year. Yeah, I know about Lindsey time and all, but it would have been possible.

Now we hear about a potential Lindsey solo album, which would thrill me no end, but what I suspect will happen is after the tour, Lindsey will lounge around with the family for a while, forget about the solo album, Stevie will do another solo record, and in two years they'll go back to the studio as Fleetwood Mac. By the time the record comes out, all the young fans they might have picked up in the SYW tour will have forgotten about them and moved on to the next Avril Spears.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ticket Sales really are not all that bad. This leg was based on an avg attendance of 10,000. They got more than that in Madison and Champaign. Around 8,000 in the small market of Green Bay and sold out the very small (6,700) Atlanta show. If the band is grossing 700k per night they are meeting all the dollar commitments to all involved.

This tour was set up as one off in each market. They did not even allow time for extra dates in most cases.

As for continuing on, a few more shows are very, very possible, but the tour will be done by the end of the summer. It will be longest tour they have done.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run
As for continuing on, a few more shows are very, very possible, but the tour will be done by the end of the summer. It will be longest tour they have done.
I thought the Tusk tour was longer?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Now we hear about a potential Lindsey solo album, which would thrill me no end, but what I suspect will happen is after the tour, Lindsey will lounge around with the family for a while, forget about the solo album, Stevie will do another solo record, and in two years they'll go back to the studio as Fleetwood Mac.
I think Stevie has saturated the market for both herself & Fleetwood Mac. She performs too much; she'd have more mystery & allure if she weren't out doing gigs every year. She never goes more than a year out of the public eye. We see her too frequently.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
I thought the Tusk tour was longer?
Somebody would have to count shows. The Tusk Tour was probably about 110 shows in about ten months. The Rumours Tour was about 100 shows in about ten months. Some people count the 1978 shows as part of the Rumours Tour, but there was a six-month hiatus between the two tours, so that to me is not really an extension of the original tour.

How many shows total will they have played for this whole Say You Will thing? I think it's their longest tour in terms of number of months on the road.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk Tour was 111 dates from late october 1979 until Sept 1 1980.

The Say You Will Tour Started Early May 2003.

First US Leg was 70 dates.

EU Leg was 16 Dates

Aus Leg was 11 Dates

Second US Leg is Scheduled for 36 Dates

They have played 102 shows to date, with 133 through the end of the current posted schedule. The total number of shows could end up in 138-145 range.