Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

We should remind Christine of how fun and relaxing it is to be out on the road, and maybe she'll reconsider and come back to the Mac!
Old 05-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
We should remind Christine of how fun and relaxing it is to be out on the road, and maybe she'll reconsider and come back to the Mac!
smart a$$$$

Actually, that is not a bad idea!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I don't know about any of you, but I'd revel in being on the road, especially if I was part of Fleetwood Mac. Private jets, daily massages, luxurious hotel suites with jacuzzi baths, c'mon! It's not like any single one of them are actually lugging the equipment around and setting it all up; all they have to do is sing and play their instruments every other night. And they get millions for doing it, too. If that's stressful, sign my ass up.
Diss, I have been on the road for a few weeks at a time before, and it is HIDEOUS. Granted, I wasn't at the Four Seasons, getting massages, but I was staying in nice places and expense accounting everything. After about 4 nights of not being in my own bed, I hated it. Moving to a new room every day or two, not being around family and friends really sucks. Plus I hate flying. Granted the millions might make a difference, but I was offered a huge show in New York 2 years ago, and didn't even want to do THAT. I wouldn't have been traveling, just in a diff city for 8 months. No thanks. I love my home.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Diss, I have been on the road for a few weeks at a time before, and it is HIDEOUS. Granted, I wasn't at the Four Seasons, getting massages, but I was staying in nice places and expense accounting everything. After about 4 nights of not being in my own bed, I hated it. Moving to a new room every day or two, not being around family and friends really sucks. Plus I hate flying. Granted the millions might make a difference, but I was offered a huge show in New York 2 years ago, and didn't even want to do THAT. I wouldn't have been traveling, just in a diff city for 8 months. No thanks. I love my home.
ITA - I mean I love to go places and do often and mostly for pleasure. I cannot imagine having to travel that much for work no matter what creature comforts might make it better than a Holiday Inn

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
You should be slapped for turning it down, Sparks. New York and a show? I'd be in heaven. No more small clubs for my sorry ass, hello New York!

I love to travel and I love staying in hotels, I could do it every day of the year. I think it just depends on the kind of person you are.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You should be slapped for turning it down, Sparks. New York and a show? I'd be in heaven. No more small clubs for my sorry ass, hello New York!

I love to travel and I love staying in hotels, I could do it every day of the year. I think it just depends on the kind of person you are.
Perhaps I should be slapped. I probably would have done it 5 or 6 years ago. But, I am old now, and have tons of responsibilities - pets, bf, properties, etc. It took a long time to get my little hideaway and establish everything, so I don't want to leave. On second thought, I only have one bird now, and the relationship is pretty much in the toilet, so maybe I could take off for a bit ! I have heard they are crewing up for that new Law and Order spinoff, and I have a friend on SVU...