User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
What I liked about her songs was that I had to figure out what she was talking about (and I wasn't the only one, Christine was wondering about the same thing) but when Tango came along I didn't need to figure it out anymore because she wrote exactly about what was going on. The same goes for the albums after that.
I SO agree with this! While I get that people's writing style changes over time I am totally with you about how that whole mysterious thing she had going on was one of my favorite things about her songs.
Sara is the perfect example of that. Who even knows what on earth she is talking about/trying to say in that song but the lyrics are BEAUTIFUL and the song is just gorgeous.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Long time lurker but felt the need to join up once all of this went down last week.

A sad, sad time it is indeed. Been a fan of Fleetwood Mac for as long as I can remember. Found the band back in the day through my dad's love of Stevie Nicks' music ("I Can't Wait" was my first exposure to her, we both love that song), and from there I quickly bought up all of Fleetwood Mac's records. After that, I quickly found myself staying more for Buckingham's material more than anyone else's, even though everyone else is ridiculously talented as well.

From that point, Lindsey's music was a huge fixture in my life, so I was blindsided and saddened to read the news last Monday. Thanks, in the off chance he sees this, Lindsey for the many great songs and albums and I can't wait to hear what's next from you. Can't necessarily say that I feel that same way about Fleetwood Mac at the moment, but if Lindsey's on tour, I'll no doubt be there to show my support.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default The man just got it wrong

This feels like Mick's decision to me. I get the feeling Mick wants to reassert HIS leadership; I'll bet he wants Peter Green songs back in and Lindsey scoffed. And what a complete double standard on the way Lindsey is treated versus waiting three years for Stevie, but then again Mick is a little partial to Stevie .
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=mikeymac;1223478]This feels like Mick's decision to me. I get the feeling Mick wants to reassert HIS leadership; I'll bet he wants Peter Green songs back in and Lindsey scoffed. And what a complete double standard on the way Lindsey is treated versus waiting three years for Stevie, but then again Mick is a little partial to Stevie .[/QUO

I agree Mick may be partial to Steve but it's very obvious that Mick and Lindsey are close and that hasn't changed. It's all about timing.....timing timing timing.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree Mick may be partial to Steve but it's very obvious that Mick and Lindsey are close and that hasn't changed. It's all about timing.....timing timing timing.[/QUOTE]

How close now? And I am not trying to stir the pot with that comment at all. I saw the press and PR for BuckVie--it was a love fest for sure. You can tell they truly enjoyed it. The band has his name on it, and it's highly likely that he's the one that had to deliver the message. Again, we have no idea what went down so I am really trying not to speculate. It's been hard the last week for sure! I am drawn back to Lindsey's wife's post where she said something like "He's a good man and got a raw deal" something to that effect. Leading me to think/hope it is timing timing timing as you said.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope someone makes a "Hitler Rants" video about this. You guys know what I'm talking about right? That thing where they change the subtitles on the Downfall movie and make it so he's talking about something else.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I hope someone makes a "Hitler Rants" video about this. You guys know what I'm talking about right? That thing where they change the subtitles on the Downfall movie and make it so he's talking about something else.
i think someone should find a movie where it's a bunch of people going at it and the subtitles should reflect what each band member says
Old 04-22-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I SO agree with this! While I get that people's writing style changes over time I am totally with you about how that whole mysterious thing she had going on was one of my favorite things about her songs.
Sara is the perfect example of that. Who even knows what on earth she is talking about/trying to say in that song but the lyrics are BEAUTIFUL and the song is just gorgeous.
Agreed. But also GDW and Angel are perfect examples of that.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced