Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's always a few people talking any show I go to. It's so rude.
I don't understand why people would pay good money for a ticket and then not listen to the music. So many people at concerts are up and going for drinks, then coming back to their seat and yacking it up with their friends. Why do they pay a hundred bucks and then the expensive drink prices to do this? Why don't they save the hundred bucks and go to a bar instead?

At the much smaller venues I usually go to, the same problem applies. If people are talking loudly, they're not just being rude to the other patrons, they're being rude to the performers. This is one of the reasons I like folk, acoustic, and Americana -- those audiences pay attention.

I have the same quibble with people at sporting events. If you're going to drink so many beers you're passed out in your seat by the end of the game, why not just go to a sports bar and "watch" the game on the telly?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
People SUCK!

I saw the Dixie Chicks last year, and these two young (18 ish) girls sat down beside me, and made the mistake of telling me that they didn't have tickets to those seats. Well, the band starts, and they sit there just chatting away. I let them do it for 3 songs, then I'd had it! I said, "LOOK, look around you. EVERYONE here is sitting here LISTENING to the band, EXCEPT YOU. You're sitting here just chatting away, and the rest of us would really like to hear the band, not you". They gave me this horrified look, like how dare someone say that to them! Then they got up and left, and didn't come back. Mission accomplished! STFU at a concert!!!
Well done you !!!!
Braver than me..👍🏻
Old 08-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Largo in LA has a no talking policy.
I've seen them remove people for talking during shows.
And I've seen Rickie Lee Jones stop a song midway thru because of talkers.

Unfortunately it's rare to not have drunk talkers at
FM shows.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
People SUCK!

I saw the Dixie Chicks last year, and these two young (18 ish) girls sat down beside me, and made the mistake of telling me that they didn't have tickets to those seats. Well, the band starts, and they sit there just chatting away. I let them do it for 3 songs, then I'd had it! I said, "LOOK, look around you. EVERYONE here is sitting here LISTENING to the band, EXCEPT YOU. You're sitting here just chatting away, and the rest of us would really like to hear the band, not you". They gave me this horrified look, like how dare someone say that to them! Then they got up and left, and didn't come back. Mission accomplished! STFU at a concert!!!
At the Classic East I had people around me that were "oh, so excited to see FM!", but when the show started they were so drunk they just sat down and kept texting to their friends. I made them stand up and sing with me. They did it for a few songs but I finally gave up and enjoyed the concert all by myself.

It's totally different in my country. We're so grateful they come here and play for us that some fans even stay for days outside the arena on the line to wait for the doors to open. Crazy, I know!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
If I could change the set list, I'd do this:
Replace Wish You Were Here (not a great song to open a show) with Brown Eyes.
Let Lindsey's solo acoustic songs be solo -- lose the keyboard filler.
Replace Game of Pretend with Carnival Begin.
Remove Little Lies (doesn't work w/o the rest of FM).
Don't end the set with two new songs.
I disagree with just about all of this. (I saw them in Boston.) I loved "Wish You Were Here." I think having Lindsey perform "solo" without the "keyboard filler" would be a bad mistake; this isn't a Lindsey solo show. "Game of Pretend" was wonderful, and ending with the two new songs made a bold and effective statement that this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I thought "Little Lies" sounded great just the way it was.

I do agree that "Carnival Begin" would have been a great addition. I might have dropped "Feel About You," which I think is an okay, not great song, and the night I heard it, Lindsey's vocals overpowered Chris on this song.

The one change to the set list that I would really have liked would be to drop "Shut Us Down." I didn't see the point in playing a Lindsey solo deep cut. They should have played either a Christine solo song (maybe "Got a Hold On Me"), a Christine early (pre-Lindsey) FM song (like "Spare Me a Little"), or simply kept the acoustic set to three songs, thus opening up one slot for another BuckVie song later in the set.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I don't understand why people would pay good money for a ticket and then not listen to the music. So many people at concerts are up and going for drinks, then coming back to their seat and yacking it up with their friends. Why do they pay a hundred bucks and then the expensive drink prices to do this? Why don't they save the hundred bucks and go to a bar instead?

At the much smaller venues I usually go to, the same problem applies. If people are talking loudly, they're not just being rude to the other patrons, they're being rude to the performers. This is one of the reasons I like folk, acoustic, and Americana -- those audiences pay attention.

I have the same quibble with people at sporting events. If you're going to drink so many beers you're passed out in your seat by the end of the game, why not just go to a sports bar and "watch" the game on the telly?

Yes! Thank you!

I also don't understand why people pay a good amount of money for a ticket to just stay in their seats texting and talking to their friends.

It's disrespectful to the perfomers, ESPECIALLY when they're looking at you! I feel so ashamed. I could never do that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Well done you !!!!
Braver than me..👍🏻
Well, they weren't linebackers!

FWIW, I would have said something to linebackers, too. But I probably would've worded it much nicer! A few "pleases", and maybe a "please don't kill me", too!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I disagree with just about all of this. (I saw them in Boston.) I loved "Wish You Were Here." I think having Lindsey perform "solo" without the "keyboard filler" would be a bad mistake; this isn't a Lindsey solo show. "Game of Pretend" was wonderful, and ending with the two new songs made a bold and effective statement that this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I thought "Little Lies" sounded great just the way it was.

I do agree that "Carnival Begin" would have been a great addition. I might have dropped "Feel About You," which I think is an okay, not great song, and the night I heard it, Lindsey's vocals overpowered Chris on this song.

The one change to the set list that I would really have liked would be to drop "Shut Us Down." I didn't see the point in playing a Lindsey solo deep cut. They should have played either a Christine solo song (maybe "Got a Hold On Me"), a Christine early (pre-Lindsey) FM song (like "Spare Me a Little"), or simply kept the acoustic set to three songs, thus opening up one slot for another BuckVie song later in the set.
It's funny how subjective music can be.
These are just my personal knee jerk reactions.
I like Wish You Were Here, it's just not a "stunner"
like Brown Eyes.
And Shut Us Down, for me, is one of the most powerful Buckingham songs ever recorded.
So it feels right to have at the top of the set.
I get the keyboard filler parts at this show, but it felt unnecessary against
the spare solo guitar.
Yes on Spare Me a Little!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
It's funny how subjective music can be.
These are just my personal knee jerk reactions.
I like Wish You Were Here, it's just not a "stunner"
like Brown Eyes.
And Shut Us Down, for me, is one of the most powerful Buckingham songs ever recorded.
So it feels right to have at the top of the set.
I get the keyboard filler parts at this show, but it felt unnecessary against
the spare solo guitar.
Yes on Spare Me a Little!
I don't necessarily disagree but, the question is, given that this is NOT a LB solo show, but a series of shows to showcase the new album (which it does very well), to show off the songwriting and performing talents of Chris and Lindsey, to show of some bits of their catalog of collaborations, to show off maybe Lindsey's playing and arranging skills, and to remind people of their hits/scratch the itch of those who know and expect certain hits from each of them. SUD fills none of these niches except maybe showing off Lindsey's live playing skill and performance (i.e. managing an audience) skills. The trouble is it has absolutely ZERO connection to his work with Christine, their collaborations, etc......all of which is the main foundation of the whole tour. It's perfect for a solo Lindsey show which is full of people who want deep cuts from him.

I agree with the previous poster that the first 3 songs being Lindsey-focused are disproportionate and rather disrespectful to Christine's "body of work". Granted he may feel like he's more of a proven headliner (which is true) but it's a tedious choice for the opening of a set defined by BuckVie collabs past and present.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:55 PM

One of the amazing things I loved so much about the show was how the crowd was giving huge applause and some people standing for the new music!!

That really had the two of them all juiced up. I'm still buzzing from how good that show was.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
One of the amazing things I loved so much about the show was how the crowd was giving huge applause and some people standing for the new music!!

That really had the two of them all juiced up. I'm still buzzing from how good that show was.
How fabulous! Love how happy they seem...delighted to see CM so radiant and clearly enjoying herself. And, I love her wavy hair...to me she's always been the blend of beautiful & cool, even more so lately. Happiness suits her!

Your enthusiasm is contagious-thanks for the recaps!
Old 08-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

In Phoenix, I was first row and singing all the new songs. Lindsey was looking at me like: "You already know the lyrics?!" So I kept singing and he seems really happy with us.

Christine is more shy, but she was equally surprised and I think that's why she stop near us before leaving the stage.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are Christine's eyes really radiant like emeralds? Will I be Hypnotized?!
Old 08-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Are Christine's eyes really radiant like emeralds? Will I be Hypnotized?!
​They are

I noticed in London on the OWTS tour. When I got near to the stage, the thing that struck me most was the brightness in Christine and Stevie's eyes - shining bright like sparkling diamonds..... Very beautiful...