The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what next for LB?
More US solo tour dates before the end of the year 8 19.51%
Some UK/EU solo dates (either this year or interspersed with FM tour next year) 4 9.76%
New solo album or EP 5 12.20%
FM EP before starting the tour next year 6 14.63%
BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour 2 4.88%
All of the above 11 26.83%
None of the above 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question what next for LB?

LB played the last show of this leg last Saturday, 9/8 in Rama, ON. As far as we know, there are no more currently scheduled solo shows.

Stealing this question from http://www.facebook.com/fleetwoodmacuk:

We already know FM tour is happening next year, although not sure how long it will last. Besides FM tour, and since there is still some time before that tour starts, what would be your preference for LB to do next -
  • More US solo tour dates before the end of the year
  • Some UK/EU solo dates (either this year or interspersed with FM tour next year)
  • New solo album or EP
  • FM EP before starting the tour next year
  • BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour
  • All of the above
  • None of the above

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-11-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I definitely see him adding some more solo dates. He seems to dislike down time these days, and since there is a looming Fleetwood Mac tour on the horizon, I don't really foresee any other options for Lindsey until then. I don't know if he will go to Europe, but I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility.

I think it's pretty safe to say there will be no recording with Fleetwood Mac until their upcoming tour is over (if they ever record again, period). I think Lindsey will probably hold out and see what is going to happen with Fleetwood Mac before committing his songs to another solo project.

I cannot see Fleetwood Mac recording an EP, though I really dig the idea. Either the band won't record at all, or they will go for a full album since they were all actually able to agree on recording new material in the first place. That being said, I can't see the band recording in 2012 or 2013. Everyone just seems to have different ideas on what they want out of their band, and when. It looks like it's carved in stone that 2013 will be dedicated to another Mac oldies tour, though.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I definitely see him adding some more solo dates. He seems to dislike down time these days, and since there is a looming Fleetwood Mac tour on the horizon, I don't really foresee any other options for Lindsey until then. I don't know if he will go to Europe, but I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility.

I think it's pretty safe to say there will be no recording with Fleetwood Mac until their upcoming tour is over (if they ever record again, period). I think Lindsey will probably hold out and see what is going to happen with Fleetwood Mac before committing his songs to another solo project.

I cannot see Fleetwood Mac recording an EP, though I really dig the idea. Either the band won't record at all, or they will go for a full album since they were all actually able to agree on recording new material in the first place. That being said, I can't see the band recording in 2012 or 2013. Everyone just seems to have different ideas on what they want out of their band, and when. It looks like it's carved in stone that 2013 will be dedicated to another Mac oldies tour, though.
nice break-down of possibilities, seems pretty realistic to me.

i know Lindsey really wants to add another solo leg, but it may not work out. i hope for all the people who are still waiting to see this tour (or people who are in LB-live withdrawal phase!) that he manages to do it... but if not, 61-date tour from may through sept was a pretty nice and densely packed run!!

UK / EU tour... well, maybe he can somehow do a few dates in between FM dates, when he already has the equipment there, especially if it's a one-man show - kinda like he did Soundstage recording in the middle of SYW tour? (this idea originated from LB actually - provided in response to a m&g question, when repeatedly badgered by one of his UK fans.)

LB has been repeatedly saying in response to m&g questions (from numerous people with BN vinyls for him to sign!) that he would love to do something about BN reissue, plus possibly a really small tour, however the ball is in SN's court. although i personally don't care much about that album, seems that many wish to see something BN-related done in 2013, considering it's 40-years since it first came out. if some kind of mini-tour happens, i hope they add some newer songs (Twisted, SA come to mind), or BN songs that came out as FM songs later (IDWTK?), and not just rehash 40 year old ones.

i have no idea what might happen re any FM recording projects, but there are those 8 songs Mick and Lindsey both mentioned, that they would like FM to consider. so i agree with you, seems LB intended those songs to be FM songs, not solo... but whatever happens - and whenever - i hope it's extremely fast. LB (and DS, if he'd be involved) seem to be able to work really fast these days, so hope that translates to any potential FM project - or that there is none. LB solo on the road is too good... don't want him to waste away in the studio for the next 3 years working on some Mac project.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Cool

Only God knows eh? In an ideal world, he'd:

1) Quit touring for Seeds We Sow.
2) Start touring with Stevie in support of Buckingham Nicks for 2013.
3) The above leads to a Fleetwood Mac reunion and studio work.
4) Fleetwood Mac tours again in support of a new album 2013-2014.
5) Lindsey does more solo stuff.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For me it's a solo album. A solo album leads to a tour (which can have a UK/EU leg as planned for the SWS tour) and then when the eventual FM oldies tour comes around at least we can rest easy knowing that we've already got new LB music.

For me, in a perfect world, he'd add a couple more tracks to the ones recorded with Mick, maybe add John on bass, release a solo album and then tour. This could be with Fleetwood Mac or solo but it's the recorded output that I want the most. And I'm not that interested in hearing Stevie doing harmonies on Lindsey's tracks any more so I'd rather he kept them for solo stuff.

Being on the neglected side of the ocean the selfish response is to just want recorded music because I can't access the tours but I can buy a new album. If he was touring here as regularly as he tours the US I'd be more enthusiastic about tours.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nice break-down of possibilities, seems pretty realistic to me.

i know Lindsey really wants to add another solo leg, but it may not work out. i hope for all the people who are still waiting to see this tour (or people who are in LB-live withdrawal phase!) that he manages to do it... but if not, 61-date tour from may through sept was a pretty nice and densely packed run!!

UK / EU tour... well, maybe he can somehow do a few dates in between FM dates, when he already has the equipment there, especially if it's a one-man show - kinda like he did Soundstage recording in the middle of SYW tour? (this idea originated from LB actually - provided in response to a m&g question, when repeatedly badgered by one of his UK fans.)

LB has been repeatedly saying in response to m&g questions (from numerous people with BN vinyls for him to sign!) that he would love to do something about BN reissue, plus possibly a really small tour, however the ball is in SN's court. although i personally don't care much about that album, seems that many wish to see something BN-related done in 2013, considering it's 40-years since it first came out. if some kind of mini-tour happens, i hope they add some newer songs (Twisted, SA come to mind), or BN songs that came out as FM songs later (IDWTK?), and not just rehash 40 year old ones.

i have no idea what might happen re any FM recording projects, but there are those 8 songs Mick and Lindsey both mentioned, that they would like FM to consider. so i agree with you, seems LB intended those songs to be FM songs, not solo... but whatever happens - and whenever - i hope it's extremely fast. LB (and DS, if he'd be involved) seem to be able to work really fast these days, so hope that translates to any potential FM project - or that there is none. LB solo on the road is too good... don't want him to waste away in the studio for the next 3 years working on some Mac project.
Badgered? Badgered?

Yeah, OK, I did badger him somewhat!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I absolutely want UK/Europe solo tour for his still disappointed fans over here, I am desperate for that final leg in the USA - this has been the most amazing year ever and I don't want it to end yet. I need to see my friends and Lindsey for one more trip!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These two:
  • FM EP before starting the tour next year
  • BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour

Not sure if EP would be released before the tour starts though. Definitely don't see BN before FM tour either.

I think we won't hear much from now through December.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just curious - people who picked "none of the above" - can you elaborate? do you have something else in mind that you'd like LB to do, and is not listed as an option above?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just curious - people who picked "none of the above" - can you elaborate? do you have something else in mind that you'd like LB to do, and is not listed as an option above?
None of the above - Strictly tour with Fleetwood Mac (oldies cash grab world tour) and then disband again for solo tours. Sad, but I think the most logical.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First off...what's Neale's status? Is he healing? Is he able to get back on the road? Is Brett playing with Stevie? What's Walfredo up to?

Until he can get his usual suspects back to health, he could do a few one-man show dates as Stevie's opening act...while sitting in for a couple (read: a few or more) of songs (& encore) of Stevie's set. Then get Mick & John to make sporadic "cameo" appearances for the rest of Stevie's tour...take the holidays off...get their asses in a recording studio in Feburary & March...release the album in May, rehearse for the tour in June, hit the road with the "big machine" in July. Then take some time off to spend with your damned kids!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
None of the above - Strictly tour with Fleetwood Mac (oldies cash grab world tour) and then disband again for solo tours. Sad, but I think the most logical.
yeah, although i hope it doesn't, seems like the most probable thing to happen... but would not be my pick if i could choose.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
First off...what's Neale's status? Is he healing? Is he able to get back on the road? Is Brett playing with Stevie? What's Walfredo up to?
i don't know... i think Neale is healing, albeit a bit slower than he expected. Brett is touring with Stevie, and Walfredo has been constantly touring with several bands since april or so.

so for the Lindsey solo option, in these few months before the Mac tour, think about solo one-man show as he's been doing.

Quote:
Until he can get his usual suspects back to health, he could do a few one-man show dates as Stevie's opening act...while sitting in for a couple (read: a few or more) of songs (& encore) of Stevie's set. Then get Mick & John to make sporadic "cameo" appearances for the rest of Stevie's tour
why would any of them want to do that??!?!??!? two different perspectives i see with your plan, both negative:
  • fan perspective - i know i wouldn't want to go see that kind of a show... from my perspective, it would feel kinda like Stevie/Rod combo felt to SN fans.
  • perspective of individual FM members - they already know they have to deal with each other and all FM politics probably for most of 2013, why would they want to start touring with each other earlier (and not as FM!) and make themselves have to deal with all their stuff before they absolutely need to??

you don't like to see separate shows from Lindsey, Mick, or Stevie?

Quote:
get their asses in a recording studio in Feburary & March...release the album in May, rehearse for the tour in June, hit the road with the "big machine" in July.
we already know they are starting the tour in March/April.

Last edited by elle; 09-12-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
For me it's a solo album. A solo album leads to a tour (which can have a UK/EU leg as planned for the SWS tour) and then when the eventual FM oldies tour comes around at least we can rest easy knowing that we've already got new LB music.

For me, in a perfect world, he'd add a couple more tracks to the ones recorded with Mick, maybe add John on bass, release a solo album and then tour. This could be with Fleetwood Mac or solo but it's the recorded output that I want the most. And I'm not that interested in hearing Stevie doing harmonies on Lindsey's tracks any more so I'd rather he kept them for solo stuff.

Being on the neglected side of the ocean the selfish response is to just want recorded music because I can't access the tours but I can buy a new album. If he was touring here as regularly as he tours the US I'd be more enthusiastic about tours.
I love everything about this post First off, you're not selfish, and even though I live in Seattle, Lindsey playing solo in the UK is still my first wish. I talk to a lot of people online from the UK (besides here), and I know how badly all of you still want him there, and how awful it was when he had to cancel. I heard/read the word "gutted" more times than I could keep count of.

Second, because it's already a fact that next year will be FM touring, I think an album from Lindsey in the mean time is, as you said, the best guarantee of a future solo tour ASAP following the FM tour. And new music from Lindsey is, of course, always a good thing So, it's a win-win!

I too dread Stevie's voice messing up Lindsey's songs, and I badly want to hear the stuff he's recorded with Mick. I do NOT want another Gift of Screws I type hijacking and seperating of his songs.

As much as I would love to do a few more dates on one last leg of the current ( or recently finished ) tour, in reality, with holidays coming, I probably wouldn't get to go to any anyways. So, I'm with you 100%. New Lindsey solo album finished up before FM tour gets under way.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't vote, but I would not want an FM EP. I'd want an FM album, even if that cuts down on their collaboration. While an EP would be faster and cut down on friction, I wouldn't vote for an EP, solo or band.

Michele