User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
It will suck, as whatever she says will go down as fact in FM history. (among some fans) No one will look at her motivations. The fact she would even write a book about LB is lame but it is pretty obvious that the more smut and sex she includes, the better it will sell. Pathetic and I won't buy it.
She is not the only one to allege LB is violent Moreover, if she were saying whollly untrue things, LB's people and, likely more so, La Nicks' people or FM's people (they are still a major money maker touring wise) would have stopped the publication of those lies. So, I think that while she may stretch it here and there, the book is based in truth.

In the end though, no one really gives a rat's a$$ in the big popular culture picture about LB. So, IMO, the less attention drawn to this book the better as it likely will sell poorly beased on LB's relative complete lack of significant relevance in the pop culture world.

As for her writing the book - they were her experiences and are a commodity. So, I do not fault her for that.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

As for her writing the book - they were her experiences and are a commodity. So, I do not fault her for that.
Gimme a break. She was even more of a coke head than Stevie Nicks was, I doubt anything that comes out of her mouth is based on clear memories and objective reasoning. It's her right to share this with the world in order to make a few bucks? If people want to write biographies, that's fine by me, but don't do it solely to drag other people through the mud. Which is clearly the case here, because nobody even knows who the hell Carol Ann Harris is.

I don't even care if what she says is true or not, I am not arguing that here, I am just saying it's tacky.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Gimme a break. She was even more of a coke head than Stevie Nicks was . . . .
You were there - you know this for sure

In the end, you seemingly are just pissed because she will cast LB in what we assume will be a totally bad light. On edit - the review posted above compliments LB's artistic side and seemingly portrays the band in a good like a la "beautiful insanity" - so it seemingly is not all bad

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-17-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You were there - you know this foir sure
Were you there all those times LB apparantly got violent? There are more reports about CAH snorting white dust than there are about LB assaulting people. So that argument doesn't fly.

Quote:
In the end, you seemingly are just pissed because she will cast LB in what we assume will be a totally bad light.
Meh, not really. LB is far from the perfect guy lots of people peg him to be, I am definitely not one of those. What I care about is that it's completely unnecessary, 30 years after the fact, when the guy is happily married with kids.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Were you there all those times LB apparantly got violent? There are more reports about CAH snorting white dust than there are about LB assaulting people. So that argument doesn't fly . . . .
Comparing the two does not in any way support your argument.

LB kicked La Nicks on stage and maybe threw a guitar at her then. Not just Mick said this. So, there is that.

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period
Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

LB kicked La Nicks on stage and maybe threw a guitar at her then. Not just Mick said this. So, there is that.

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period
OMG. You are taking that part entirely too seriously. Measuring blow by blow... My point was, she was a coke head, no doubt about that, and just as Mick Fleetwood got slammed for writing a book based on coke-induced memories, the same thing could be said about CAH.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG. You are taking that part entirely too seriously. Measuring blow by blow... My point was, she was a coke head, no doubt about that, and just as Mick Fleetwood got slammed for writing a book based on coke-induced memories, the same thing could be said about CAH.
That is true. But,m I still stand by my point that if this book was just a pack of lies with no basis in reality, it would have not been published. So, I will read it and take the points with a grain of salt -- just as i did Mick's book.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

For the love of God, please stop exagerrating. he did not kick her onstage. Go read the 97 Rolling Stone article. He kicked his foot out at her, MOCKING HER as she sang Rhiannon. You act like he pummeled her, like a soccer ball, across the floor. It is quite funny how NOT ONE PERSON who was in that large audience that night, has spoken up about LB kicking her. Probably cause they did not notice the fact that he was mocking her. Just the band did. I have no problem talking about LB's demons but at least be accurate. He mocked her, pulled his coat over his head and put his foot out, acting like he was going to kick her...to intimidate her. ****ed up **** for sure but he did not assault her physically. The guitar throwing thing is another one that no one in the audience saw. I wish for once LB would speak up and talk about all the **** Stevie has thrown at him. You do know she has probably tossed crap at him as well?

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
For the love of God, please stop exagerrating. he did not kick her onstage. Go read the 97 Rolling Stone article. He kicked his foot out at her, MOCKING HER as she sang Rhiannon. You act like he pummeled her, like a soccer ball, across the floor. It is quite funny how NOT ONE PERSON who was in that large audience that night, has spoken up about LB kicking her. Probably cause they did not notice the fact that he was mocking her. Just the band did. I have no problem talking about LB's demons but at least be accurate. He mocked her, pulled his coat over his head and put his foot out, acting like he was going to kick her...to intimidate her. ****ed up **** for sure but he did not assault her physically. The guitar throwing thing is another one that no one in the audience saw. I wish for once LB would speak up and talk about all the **** Stevie has thrown at him. You do know she has probably tossed crap at him as well?
It was in NZ for goodness sake. How many people in NZ from 1979 are going to comment now about that

I think it is strange how you are just so loathe to admit that LB could have done anything bad. Clearly, he did. he, of course, denies it when asked - actually, I think he said he vaguely remembered something about playing off key intentionally. Funny how The other members of the band remember it differently. Yet, you choose not to believe them.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Ledgie

Default Love it

Love how people get all righteous when their heroes get talked about. I'm buying it. I think it will be interesting.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If people want to write biographies, that's fine by me, but don't do it solely to drag other people through the mud. Ann Harris is.
Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
I think that there are few people here who would not do the same thing if they were in her position. I'm sure she's getting a nice chunk of change.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
If you go back a few pages you would see that's exactly what I planned on doing.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think that there are few people here who would not do the same thing if they were in her position. I'm sure she's getting a nice chunk of change.
isn't that what Vanessa and others have said?

at this point, everything is speculation until we all read the book.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She is not the only one to allege LB is violent Moreover, if she were saying whollly untrue things, LB's people and, likely more so, La Nicks' people or FM's people (they are still a major money maker touring wise) would have stopped the publication of those lies. So, I think that while she may stretch it here and there, the book is based in truth.
Correct. No publisher in their right mind would put out a book like this without vetting it first.