User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Obama takes Pennsylvania and New 'Joisey'

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Florida does not look good for McCain at this moment if he loses this he MUST get PA. or the night is over for him ..

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 11-04-2008 at 08:13 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Electoral count:

Obama 103
McCain 34

270 needed to win

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Nbc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Florida does not look good for McCain at this moment if he loses this he MUST get Pennslyvania or the night is over for him ..
has already called Pennsylvania for Obama...I think this election is going to end VERY QUICKLY.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
has already called Pennsylvania for Obama...I think this election is going to end VERY QUICKLY.
I knew my home state would not let me down.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^Stevie Wonder could've seen the result here in Oklahoma...No shock at all (But it still confuses me because this is a state with 300,000 more registered Demos than Repubs )

Obama takes Illinois and Maryland

Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

McCain leading in Virginia and Indiana
Obama leading in Florida

Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

McCain takes Alabama and Georgia

Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
McCain leading in Indiana
As I said, hours ago, Obama will win Indiana. Vigo County never lies.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Electoral count:

Obama 103
McCain 58

Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27540321?GT1=43001

Exit poll data positive for Obama in Va., Ind.

Democrat appears to be running strong in two early bellwether states
By Tom Curry
National affairs writer

NEW YORK -
In two crucial states where polls closed early Tuesday, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama appeared to be performing strongly, NBC News exit polling indicated.

In Indiana, Obama received 55 percent of the votes cast by women, according to exit poll interviews, while he was tied with Republican John McCain among men.

Indiana has not voted for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1964, but the Obama campaign made the state a focus of its strategy.

Among white voters interviewed in Indiana, Obama and McCain were nearly tied, while Obama won nearly nine out of 10 black voters in the state.

Sixty-three percent of Indiana voters between the ages of 18 and 24 voted for Obama. The only age group McCain was winning in the state was the over-65 voters, with 59 percent.

Exit poll interviews are samples of the entire electorate — so the data should be viewed cautiously in states such as Indiana, where the race is considered too close to call.

Also running strong in Virginia
In Virginia, Obama won the votes of 52 percent of men and 56 percent of women, according to exit poll interviews.

Virginia, like Indiana, has not supported a Democratic presidential candidate since 1964.

Obama was winning more than three-fifths of younger voters in Virginia.

Among white Virginia voters, exit poll interviews suggested that McCain was winning 58 percent of them, while Obama was winning 92 percent of black voters in the state.

The proportion of black voters in Virginia appeared to be the same as it was in the 2004 election: about one-fifth.

National pessimism about the economy
In the national exit poll sample it appeared that the electorate is worried about its sinking economic fortunes,

According to early NBC News exit poll interviews with voters on Election Day, more than nine out of ten voters interviewed said economic conditions in America are “not so good” or “poor.”

Nearly the same percentage said they were very worried or somewhat worried about the future course of the economy.

And six in 10 voters picked the economy as the most important issue facing the nation.

Such pessimism is usually a grim omen for the party in control of the White House. In the elections of 1992, 1980, 1960 and 1932, economic distress, to some degree, resulted in the party in control of the presidency losing the White House.

This pessimism is hardly surprising, given the decline in personal income reported last week by the Commerce Department.

Disposable personal income decreased by $102.4 billion, or nearly 4 percent in the third quarter of 2008, in contrast to an increase of $409.3 billion, or nearly 17 percent in the second quarter.

Contrast with 2004
When voters went to the polls in 2004, they were nearly evenly split about the condition of the economy, with 47 percent saying it was in excellent or good shape and 52 percent saying it was in fair or poor shape.

The economic pessimists in 2004 tended to vote for Democratic candidate Sen. John Kerry, with nearly 80 percent of them supporting him.

Those who were feeling upbeat about the economy in 2004 voted Republican, with nearly 90 percent of them backing President Bush.

In 2004, voters were closely divided over the direction of the country. Almost half said the country was going in the right direction; a bit fewer than half said America was on the wrong track.

But this year, 76 percent of voters interviewed in the NBC exit poll said the country is “seriously off on the wrong track.”

Seven out of ten voters interviewed said they were very or somewhat worried about another terrorist attack on the United States, a level unchanged from four years ago.

But only 9 percent of the voters interviewed in the exit poll said terrorism was the most important issue facing the country.

From the early exit polling, based on a sample of about 10,000 voters in Election Day exit polls and telephone interviews, a preliminary portrait of the electorate was emerging:

Two-thirds of those interviewed said they favor drilling for oil offshore in U.S. waters where it is not allowed now.
More than half said they oppose the $700 billion government plan to help failing financial companies.
About one in ten voters were voting for the first time – which is the same level of first-time voters as four years ago.
Black voters made up an estimated 13 percent of the electorate, just a bit higher than four years ago.
Latinos accounted for an estimated 8 percent of the electorate, the same as four years ago.

© 2008 msnbc.com

Old 11-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Electoral count:

Obama 175
McCain 76

Obama takes New York, Minnesota & Wisconsin
McCain takes Kansas, Wyoming, N.Dakota & Hill-Billy Central (aka Arkansas)

Last edited by estranged4life; 11-04-2008 at 09:09 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I would give life and limb for Obama to win Indiana. It's never been blue in my lifetime...

Chewing nails... had to come say hi to you guys.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's weird how Obama has leads in the major metropolitan areas of Oklahoma (OKC, Tulsa & Norman for example), and yet he is still losing...

Even weirder is how Republicans nationwide are having a bad night, but those here in Okie-land are EASILY winning elections.

Obama claims Ohio & New Mexico
McCain takes Louisiana & W.Virginia
Indiana is too close to call with McCain holding a slight lead

Electoral vote

Obama 200
McCain 90

Last edited by estranged4life; 11-04-2008 at 09:40 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Obama just took Ohio..he is the next President of the United States of America!. bye Sarah.